Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Persona managed to become popular even amongst people who normally do not consume "anime". That's quiet an achievement in itself.
A bit of a similar success story to Demon's Souls. Some people even have allergic reactions to From Software Games now. Which is fine, not everything is for everybody.

Just out of curiosity: What do you think of FF15? Because that's a game I believe to be massively overrated and mostly boring. I take P5 over FF15 any day.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Persona managed to become popular even amongst people who normally do not consume "anime". That's quiet an achievement in itself.
A bit of a similar success story to Demon's Souls. Some people even have allergic reactions to From Software Games now. Which is fine, not everything is for everybody.

Just out of curiosity: What do you think of FF15? Because that's a game I believe to be massively overrated and mostly boring. I take P5 over FF15 any day.
Weirdly I really enjoyed both, but they overstay their welcome. I can definitely understand people who don't enjoy them at all though.

Reactions: ISee

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

I dont know if I'd consider FF15 to be overrated considering people bash it more than 13 at this point lol. I personally really disliked it. I was super hyped for it too so it's sad to see the end result turn out so so eugh

Reactions: PC-tan and ISee

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Persona Dancing Ulitmate: Everyone is Here, coming to EGS as a timed-exclusive

Joke aside, I have only played Persona 3 Portable 6 - 7 years ago and did not finished it. I remember the random dungeon being really tedious. Maybe 4 and 5 are better? Anyway, I don't know what to expect. Just relax and enjoy the upcoming show.

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Persona Dancing Ulitmate: Everyone is Here, coming to EGS as a timed-exclusive

Joke aside, I have only played Persona 3 Portable 6 - 7 years ago and did not finished it. I remember the random dungeon being really tedious. Maybe 4 and 5 are better? Anyway, I don't know what to expect. Just relax and enjoy the upcoming show.
Persona 3 and 4 have really boring dungeons but P4 improves on a lot of the overall gameplay. Most people play 3/4 for the story and characters though. I rushed through the dungeons as fast as possible to get back to the actual story and social link stuff lol

Persona 3 Portable also strips a lot of stuff like the explorable overworld which is instead navigated by menus because of hardware limitations, its also missing the epilogue expansion from Persona 3 FES.

Reactions: PC-tan and Cacher

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Thats what keyboards are for.
The aluminum part of my keyboard would only bend. :( :(

The snap of plastic, while you snap, is satisfaction itself.

NGL, rage quit P5, took out the disk and held it in my hands before I realized that if I snapped the disk, I'd just spend $30 in two weeks. Even then, its was near thing indeed.

Reactions: Arsene

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Persona 3 and 4 have really boring dungeons but P4 improves on a lot of the overall gameplay. Most people play 3/4 for the story and characters though. I rushed through the dungeons as fast as possible to get back to the actual story and social link stuff lol

Persona 3 Portable also strips a lot of stuff like the explorable overworld which is instead navigated by menus because of hardware limitations, its also missing the epilogue expansion from Persona 3 FES.
Oof, I did not know P3P is the inferior version and sad to hear that the dungeons in 4 is not great as well. But then, the dungeons in Tokyo Mirage Sessions (the one I am playing right now) are not great as well but the combat does help me enjoy the game. I will still give them a chance if coming to PC.

Reactions: Arsene

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
1080p/30 fps next gen let's go!!!
Imagine people not finding this hilarious on certain :shill: site.
It's pretty funny, but also funnier still how very few people consider it an issue and have reasoned around it, when this seems to be a key issue otherwise. We'll see what they release after the showing, I presume full 4k footage. If not, it would be rather strange if not telling, since it isn't exactly the defining showcase of the quality of the system.

Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I honestly don't think I hate Persona. The games have a lot of neat ideas, certainly a very awesome and consistent visual (and audio) style, and even above average base gameplay.

But then that is just stretched out over far too much time, and you get a lot of people who treat the games (and even the parts that are just mediocre) like the second coming, and that's where I develop an allergic reaction to them :p
That's very understandable and I share that feeling for a few series. By themselves they'd be alright but the highly hyperbolic and vocal opinions surrounding them makes me have a spinal reflex against them.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
That's very understandable and I share that feeling for a few series. By themselves they'd be alright but the highly hyperbolic and vocal opinions surrounding them makes me have a spinal reflex against them.
Even playing a Persona game is a polarizing experience. From the highs of just milling around, fitting in a new place, growing friendships to the hatred of some of the dungeons and instant deaths, the hyperbole surrounding the games makes all the sense. Hell, I've sung the Praises of these games the same week I raged against their shortcoming.

Bottom line, these games are massive, MASSIVE time investments with fantastic stories, amazing visuals and passable dungeon design.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I enjoyed my time with Final Fantasy 15. Finished it recently, but it's clear that it has BIG issues.

For comparison, I also enjoyed Final Fantasy 13, it's my favorite FF after FFX, and its biggest negative points in the vision of its loud critics (story and linearity) didn't really were negatives for me; I enjoyed the story once I started figuring it, and I'm at a point of my gaming life that linearity is a plus (sorry!).

However, who the fuck is going to say that they enjoy (and defend) completely broken story pacing, or better: an unfinished and rushed story? Mind you, I liked FFXV tale, but it's undeniable that it's cut, and it never reaches full potential. I think I got a chuckle when Noctis simple wake up after years. There was something planned to happen there that didn't make to the final game, 100%, and this is one example of many.. Still, I really dig FFXV battle system and if not by the Steam version stutters I'd probably replay it every now and then just to hunt something while listening to its incredible soundtrack and exploring the gorgeous world (dead, sure, but whatever, I really liked exploring it).

Now Persona, I don't know. I "like" them, sure, I'd buy them day one on PC too, but there's a lot of nostalgia speaking for me there. I played them when I had a completely different personality, and my tastes changed a lot since P4. How would I rate them now? I dunno. I know I probably couldn't finish either Persona 2 games nowadays. I have to add that I noticed that for some reason, since last year my opinion on Persona has been slowly going down. I'm certain that it would go a lot higher again if this damned P5R port for PC is announced Saturday, though!

Anyway, would you believe if I told you I had a Vita on my shopping cart in some site just a couple days ago? Mainly for Persona and MGS on the go. Still tempting for MGS, though.

Wait, are we talking about FF, Persona and other JRPGs or I completely missed the topic?

Pogi

illiterate
Jun 25, 2019
I'd be cool if Atlus releases Yggdra Union, Gungnir, etc. etc. on Steam but we know this wont happen. Or are these games theirs? Yggdra Union AFAIK got delisted from the PSP/Vita store. That's probably a sign? lmao. Come on Atlus just release SMTs already.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
So I've only gotten demos + DLCs through my discovery queues for the past month. It's getting annoying since makes the discovery queue completely useless. 😕

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruvon

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It took me over 100 hours to beat P4G and that was just for the bad ending. It took me over 200 hours to beat P5C with "good" ending

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I'd be cool if Atlus releases Yggdra Union, Gungnir, etc. etc. on Steam but we know this wont happen. Or are these games theirs? Yggdra Union AFAIK got delisted from the PSP/Vita store. That's probably a sign? lmao. Come on Atlus just release SMTs already.
Yeah, those games were published by Atlus USA. Yggdra Union was ported to Switch by Sting earlier this year, so there are still chances that they want to re-released the localization version but I am not sure if they will bring it to PC, too.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Two games that XSEED/Marvelous previous announced but have not said anything new for:

uppers and Akiba'strip remaster

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
FWIW I enjoyed the roadtrip concept of FFXV, and of course some of the locations look pretty. But the story is so uninspiring, never mind the combat; I hardly can blame anyone dropping it after a couple of hours.

But at least I enjoyed the fishing, so not all is lost. :dana_blanket:

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Still 9k people in Satisfactory. Damn, some people need to go to bed, the next day is already beginning. *

*I'm aware that time zones exist.

Reactions: C-Dub

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
FWIW I enjoyed the roadtrip concept of FFXV, and of course some of the locations look pretty. But the story is so uninspiring, never mind the combat; I hardly can blame anyone dropping it after a couple of hours.

But at least I enjoyed the fishing, so not all is lost. :dana_blanket:
I think the story is good but it was presented in a convoluted way. The only aspect I didnt enjoy were the boss fights.

Reactions: Kvik
Status
Not open for further replies.