Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
My toys ? Maybe you didn't look hard enough when i said i had not playing my PS4 in years and i didn't care about the PS5 or Sony games.

Fucking idiot.

What’s your problem? First you say a gaming event should take place regardless of what’s happening in the world and then act offended when people react to that?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
That's so stupid. Show us your consumer product or not, i don't need corporations to tell me how to feel about certain events.
Sony actually took an even handed approach to this response, they arent trying to use it to get you to buy something, unlike say official tweets from designers about Detroit launching in Steam, and youre actually mad at Sony?

Reactions: Kvik

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
What’s your problem? First you say a gaming event should take place regardless of what’s happening in the world and then act offended when people react to that?
Let's cess all activities and close everything because something is happening somewhere!

Nevermind, not gonna waste my time.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Rioting is minorities and often instigated by the other side, either as people who infiltrated the protesters and fan the flames or because pigs attacked peaceful protests. Thousands upon thousands are protesting peacefully. It's not blacks vs whites, it's people vs racists. That's my view of it so far. As for real world events affecting whatever, it happens all the damn time. At worst it's actually good for Sony because clearly so many eyes are on that, not on any video games. Even games are cancelled to not appear insensitive, from Propeller Arena to Disaster Report 4. Hell, the whole industry was pushed back over covid. It's business.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISee

Maniac

As the name suggests. The OG Maniac.
Sep 19, 2018
Under your bed, creepin
metacouncil.com
Let's cess all activities and close everything because something is happening somewhere!

This is one of the weirder anime avatar tantrums I've seen in a while

Not sure if racist, alt-right or just very sad in need of Sony videogames

Either way... Toodles, pip. (Alternative title: Good riddance)

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Well that was certainly a rollercoaster.

Anyways, good on Sony for deciding to postpone the event.

Despite that I looked forward to seeing upcoming PS5 games, the protests and movement happening in the US and other countries are far more important than some video game commercials.

Looking forward to the Steamquisition on thursday.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
I mean, it is not even that there are more important things going on currently and will probably be for a while. The main thing why they should've postponed it was that it would've been the same day as the memorial service for George Floyd is held

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Some people have ZERO empathy,
chill out Veruca, goddamn.
It's mind-blowing how insensitive and self-centered people can be.

I mean, it is not even that there are more important things going on currently and will probably be for a while. The main thing why they should've postponed it was that it would've been the same day as the memorial service for George Floyd is held
Yup. I doubt he cares though.

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018

I love how people like you go from a reveal of a crappy plastic box to start yelling "WELL LET'S JUST CLOSE EVERYTHING AND CESS EVERY ACTIVITIES THEN I GUESS"
Go outside, take a goddamn breather and realize there's things more important in the world than a plastic box being announced a couple weeks later. I'm all for shitting on corporate PR bumbling but this ain't it chief, they're doing nothing here but showing the minimum respect for their black employees.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
IT'S COMING!!!!!

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

... I have no words
Where can I view this tweet?

I agree with that.
It's insanely stupid, and tone deaf, to mention your game on a tweet about equality.

But, to be fair it's as shitty and cynical as seeing Amazon (yeah, Amazon!), or companies like Warner, Sony, and plenty other big companies releasing similar comments on their social media channels.
This is done purely to earn goodwill, and potentially some monetary gain, and it always rubs me the wrong way when I see companies on social media trying to "empathize" with the "common people".

I have issues with "brands" talking about certain subject matters is that (especially in the case of Disney) it's just a blanket statement, they copied and pasted. Maybe this happened after and I didn't pay attention but if they really mean it, then they should have their executives come out and say this stuff. Because other wise it's sort of just "hey PR can you guys tweets this? Ya that should be good enough right? Oh are you busy promoting Disney+, well then just have the intern send out the tweet".

Places where it feels more genuine is from places like say Gematsu because it's Sal that is writing is doing a majority of the work. So he can speak on behalf of Gematsu sort of a thing.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Regarding the conversation from earlier, this is literally where the E3 would have happened next week if it were not for covid and the protests

now its a military base

Reactions: yuraya and Arsene

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I can't find a screenshot of the updated tweet (it was also deleted) but the original was this:

And he dug an even bigger hole:
This is the president of QD right? Also I guess I can sort of see the connection that they are trying to make. But it's still very different and you could make the difference an interesting topic. But then again I guess that topic has already been done in other stuff already and you have stuff that does talk about Android's and being "human" but also about feeling emotions and a lot of other stuff. Some of that can be found in things like Nier Automata. If they left out some bits of the story you wouldn't have been able to tell that they were Androids.

I haven't played Detroit (the full game) so I don't know all of the connections that Cage tries to make.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I have issues with "brands" talking about certain subject matters is that (especially in the case of Disney) it's just a blanket statement, they copied and pasted. Maybe this happened after and I didn't pay attention but if they really mean it, then they should have their executives come out and say this stuff. Because other wise it's sort of just "hey PR can you guys tweets this? Ya that should be good enough right? Oh are you busy promoting Disney+, well then just have the intern send out the tweet".

Places where it feels more genuine is from places like say Gematsu because it's Sal that is writing is doing a majority of the work. So he can speak on behalf of Gematsu sort of a thing.
Brands faking giving a shit about social issues is still good in the long run, it helps keep the discourse in the public eye (and weed out the people that would burn their Nike or Gillette products).

Speaking of Gematsu, don't read the comments about the PS5 event being pushed back...

Reactions: texhnolyze

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
In more pleasant news, I have returned to MHW and am having a good amount of fun.

Video games are still pretty cool as it turns out. Also, I'm sorry that things got heated and we lost someone in the process. I can see what he was saying initially so maybe let's cool off :).

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
C'mon man, no need to be so hostile. You don't care much about what corporations do, that's fine, no need to antagonise other members. This forum isn't GAF/ERA.

Edit: Damn, I'm a few hours late. :dana_blanket:
Yeah, but at the same time xxr came at him with :

It's a PR-event, and it will take place eventually. Your toys are not going away.
Which was pretty needlessly dismissive and condescending considering what I understand he was saying. Not that it justifies calling xxr an idiot in turn.

People with *rick as their name showing their ass today huh.
This also wasn't necessary. Let's not turn this place into the regular internet passive-aggressive cesspool, please :(.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Tried Moonlight to stream games from my PC with Nvidia Gamestream to my Android phone. Steam Link app had too much lag no matter how low I put settings. Gamestream feels a lot better.

But for a reason I cannot solve, the app only can disover and connect my PC when I deactivate the firewall. Did enable all Nvidia stuff in the Firewall exemptions but no dice.
Obviously permanently disabling Firewall is not an option. Would greatly appreciate suggestions from anyone with experience of Moonlight.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Why is it always people anime avatars out there ruining it for anime? Couldn't they use a flag or default avator or something instead?

Anyway, if you want to commit crimes consider playing Stellaris and creating a pan-galactic fascist empire instead of going outside. If you want to protest, though, please go attend your local event and peacefully make your voice heard.

Reactions: xxr

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
It's not my intention to pile on to anyone with this post and I truly hope it doesn't come across as such.

The world is hurting right now, for a multitude of reasons but specifically at the tragic loss of a human life that shouldn't have been taken from this world. George Floyd should still be alive today. Racism is not something that should be ignored or hand waved away. It exists everywhere and right now America is once again at the center of it. Our police forces and unions have singled out black men and made them a target. It's something that should have stopped a long time ago and it's something that has to stop now.

Folks can applaud Sony for their decision while still recognizing they are just another corporation. It was a good move, sure they might be hoping for brownie points in return but we shouldn't discourage a kind gesture. This topic, this issue plaguing us all needs to be at the forefront. It needs to be talked about. Not getting drowned out by other things.

Basically.. be good to each other. In one way or another we're all in this together. We need to help prop up those that are hurting so their voices can be heard and help them however we can to try to make sure change we all want to see occurs.

And finally to hopefully lighten the mood a little.

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
There are already some mods inside the Workshop for C&C Remastered:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
This also wasn't necessary. Let's not turn this place into the regular internet passive-aggressive cesspool, please :(.
His posts are there for all to see, I'm just stating what I'm seeing. Nothing passive aggressive (or aggressive in general for that matter) about it.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
His posts are there for all to see, I'm just stating what I'm seeing. Nothing passive aggressive (or aggressive in general for that matter) about it.
You called him an ass, dogpiling with the others. It was not necessary and I don't find it okay.

This is all too reminiscent of other places and how the tone of a thread turns from friendly and open to hostile. If there is a problem, reporting the user and using the tools we have is iny opinion more appropriate.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
This is a bad night for Meta :cryblob:
Not enough friendly disagreement, too much dogpiling. Kandrick POV was obviously very debatable, but we usually handle these things better than other places. Someone told him to go back to GAF, and it felt very much like an ERA post. I would have liked to see a META one.

I suppose, as Kandrick didn't develop his POV very much, that he is sick of America being the center of the world, that the same thing happening elsewhere would maybe not have the same consequences. I can't say I don't share a little bit of that.
But let's hope that this is the big moment the black community has waited for, they need to be able to live without the fear of being gunned down for reasons. The law enforcement situation in the US is a horror show.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Not enough friendly disagreement, too much dogpiling. Kandrick POV was obviously very debatable, but we usually handle these things better than other places. Someone told him to go back to GAF, and it felt very much like an ERA post. I would have liked to see a META one.
Thank you, you worded it better than my tired mind could. I don't want to get on people's case and nag them. I just feel uneasy with hostility and shouting past each other becoming routine instead of trying to talk things through.

Sorry Parsnip and xxr if I sound too accusatory. I hope you can understand where I am coming from.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
A few folks had asked me to weigh in on everything earlier and I figured this was as good a time as any to come back and make my feelings known.
I always enjoy reading your posts and enthusiasm so I'm glad you're back! :dana_peace:

On the subject of corporations trying to earn brownie points from their zealots loyal customers, I try to think about it in a non-cynical way. Sure, maybe on some level, it's merely a PR-strategy, but at the same time, the world could use less cynicism, especially right now, when people are still being persecuted simply because their skin colour is different. It's kind of sad considering how Reverend King's dream has remain unrealised for almost 60 years.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I always enjoy reading your posts and enthusiasm so I'm glad you're back! :dana_peace:

On the subject of corporations trying to earn brownie points from their zealots loyal customers, I try to think about it in a non-cynical way. Sure, maybe on some level, it's merely a PR-strategy, but at the same time, the world could use less cynicism, especially right now, when people are still being persecuted simply because their skin colour is different. It's kind of sad considering how Reverend King's dream has remain unrealised for almost 60 years.
Aww thank you so much! That means a lot, seriously! :photoblobheart:

And agreed to the rest! I don't believe they're doing it solely for brownie points, only that I can understand that view. I genuinely hope that played no part in their decision.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
There are already some mods inside the Workshop for C&C Remastered:

Dang that is FAST. Do these people have beta access or something? Mods before release is really a new bar lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.