Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Reactions: yuraya

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I always enjoy reading your posts and enthusiasm so I'm glad you're back! :dana_peace:

On the subject of corporations trying to earn brownie points from their zealots loyal customers, I try to think about it in a non-cynical way. Sure, maybe on some level, it's merely a PR-strategy, but at the same time, the world could use less cynicism, especially right now, when people are still being persecuted simply because their skin colour is different. It's kind of sad considering how Reverend King's dream has remain unrealised for almost 60 years.
Regardless of the intentions behind the delay, this event shouldn't be held on the day of George Floyd's memorial service. Full stop. It's absolutely the right call to make and anyone who is bothered by that is completely insensitive to the issue and needs to get their priorities straight.

To anyone who has beaten CS3, would you say that the end of chapter 2 is past the halfway point? Maybe 60%?

Reactions: Ascheroth and C-Dub

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Anyone who is bothered by that is completely insensitive to the issue and needs to get their priorities straight
That's not what that person was saying. My understanding is that he was taking issue with corporations, the embodiment of impersonality, telling people how to feel and behave, acting all high and virtuous when their decision was probably made in self-interest. Sony still made the right call but I can see his point.

Of course nobody is going to take issue with not holding the event on the memorial service for the symbol and spark for this movement and there is no need to per-emptively throw such ultimatums out.

We're all in this together and this kind of post is really not helping us remember that. As Li kao said, let's try and be good to each other :).

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
That's not what that person was saying. My understanding is that he was taking issue with corporations, the embodiment of impersonality, telling people how to feel and behave, acting all high and virtuous when their decision was probably made in self-interest. Sony still made the right call but I can see his point.

Of course nobody is going to take issue with not holding the event on the memorial service for the symbol and spark for this movement and there is no need to per-emptively throw such ultimatums out.

We're all in this together and this kind of post is really not helping us remember that. As Li kao said, let's try and be good to each other :).
Not only is that a very strange conclusion to draw if that was indeed the case, that's not really what I get from his posts. But I'm done with that discussion.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I will always support shitting on corporations for doing cynical things, but I'm not going to call them out for doing the right thing once. That's not to say, that I will be amazed by it, either, just that they deserve a little bit of props for that.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Not only is that a very strange conclusion to draw if that was indeed the case, that's not really what I get from his posts. But I'm done with that discussion.
I respect that you are done with it. I still have to say that I'm not sure what you referred to by calling it a "strange" conclusion, but whatever it was, that was pretty dismissive.

Back to videogames :)

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I respect that you are done with it. I still have to say that I'm not sure what you referred to by calling it a "strange" conclusion, but whatever it was, that was pretty dismissive.

Back to videogames :)
OK, just to avoid misunderstandings, I mean his conclusion, not yours. They aren't telling anyone how to feel, they are simply moving a date, that doesn't make them high and mighty or virtuous, it simply shows that they know how to read the room. It's simply the decent thing to do, nothing more and nothing less.

What I got from it, based on his posts saying that the delay is "stupid" and then replying "stay focused on what?" (feigning ignorance about what's happening or trying to downplay it), is that he's simply insensitive to the matter which in my opinion is pretty serious.

But yeah, back to the games.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Regardless of the intentions behind the delay, this event shouldn't be held on the day of George Floyd's memorial service. Full stop. It's absolutely the right call to make and anyone who is bothered by that is completely insensitive to the issue and needs to get their priorities straight.
Not sure why you quoted me for since: #1) I'm not the one who had a dramatic exit; and #2) I think Sony made the right call by delaying the conference.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
PSO2, the fan made launcher that is used for the english patch in the JP version (PSO2 Tweaker) now supports the NA version, it bypasses the MS store and fixes the major issues, like download/installation issues, faster download of the game, fixes the game deleting itself, and even the lobby stuttering (though for those that already have the game installed, seems like a fresh install would be recommended):

Link for the tweaker:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I don't remember exactly but I think first two chapters took me around 35h and the full game 85h.
Really? Damn...

Not sure why you quoted me for since: #1) I'm not the one who had a dramatic exit; and #2) I think Sony made the right call by delaying the conference.
I'm just saying that regardless of brownie points or genuine concern, it was the only thing to do. We can look at it with more or less cynicism but at the end of the day it was the only appropriate course of action.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Holy crap that difficulty ramp-up in D:OS2. I like that the game is no cakewalk but seeing a troll 2-shot my tank... That feels a little much :p.

Any advice for builds in general?

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018

I'm sorry but I don't agree at all with this, your reading of this might apply, at best, to this person's very first post on the subject but then:

Focused on what ?
Let's cess all activities and close everything because something is happening somewhere!

Nevermind, not gonna waste my time.
Come on. I'm all for finding the good in people and for trying to always create a dialogue if possible, but there's a limit and it was crossed. Acting like a 12yo that goes against any shred of decency just for the sake of being "against", even if, in that particular instance, the stance a corporation took happens to be the only sensible position is inexcusable.

Holding a press conference announcing video games at this particular time would have been despicable and shameful, even for a corporation. They can't tell us how to feel, so the world deosn't need that distraction now.

And I'm done on this topic, since the user decided to deactivate the account and cannot reply.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm sorry but I don't agree at all with this, your reading of this might apply, at best, to this person's very first post on the subject but then:

Come on. I'm all for finding the good in people and for trying to always create a dialogue if possible, but there's a limit and it was crossed. Acting like a 12yo that goes against any shred of decency just for the sake of being "against", even if, in that particular instance, the stance a corporation took happens to be the only sensible position is inexcusable.

Holding a press conference announcing video games at this particular time would have been despicable and shameful, even for a corporation. They can't tell us how to feel, so the world deosn't need that distraction now.
I completely agree that it was wrong of him to say this. I'm also glad that you agree in trying to see the good in people. There's just a misunderstanding, I was talking about his first post on this topic :

That's so stupid. Show us your consumer product or not, i don't need corporations to tell me how to feel about certain events.
That I can understand. I can see where he was coming from. His later posts are indeed hostile and closed to discussion but his first reply was understandable.

In broader strokes... I hope you can understand what I'm getting at. I am afraid of witch hunts and people getting increasingly on edge, screaming and dogpiling at the first opinion that has even the slightest whiff of going against the grain. Maybe that's selfish of me and I don't want to nag on this too much, but since you replied to me I think I have a right to go on a bit : I'd like us to remember we're all people, that we are not perfect, that we have bad days and sometimes we talk out of our asses. Sometimes we say the wrong things because emotions are high.

What comes out of it might be that indeed the person is in the wrong, or it can be that this isn't what that person meant to say. I don't want people to suddenly be afraid of voicing ambivalent and complex feelings because half the thread is going to come down on them.

TL;DR : his first post was okay in my opinion. Other two were not. Half a page of insults and dogpiling isn't what I think meta tries to be.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I'd like us to remember we're all people, that we are not perfect, that we have bad days and sometimes we talk out of our asses. Sometimes we say the wrong things because emotions are high.
We might have bad days with bad takes but, when tackling a topic of such importance for so many people, I think it's pretty normal to expect strong reactions from the forum you posted that bad take on. There were no complex feeling to be seen there, in my opinion, just a person downplaying an event that goes beyond this forum and video games and that many people consider to be of complete importance. The first take was a drive-by "that's stupid" that was then edited into a more elaborate post. Everyone is entitled to their own idea but, if the topic is something like "the importance of the protests happening right now" (mind you, not how you feel about them, if you agree with one side or the other, simply that what's happening is more important than a video game presentation) and your take is "well, that's stupid, nothing to be focused on, we cannot stop all marketing events just because folks are fighting in the streets for social rights" well... free to have that idea but I also think that you're an idiot and your idea is rubbish. You're free to come back the next day and say "well, sorry, that was in bad taste" I'm the first to say you should be given a second chance but you cannot expect people to ignore something like that just because they always have to assume that the person might be having a bad day or may not be in the right state of mind with some foggy ideas. That's a dangerous way of thinking and can be used to excuse anything.

Half a page of insults and dogpiling isn't what meta tries to be in my opinion
I agree with this part... in part. There was no dogpiling, I think, we barely have 4-5 people replying to a post. BUT I agree that replies after the guy deactivated the account might have been avoided.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
you cannot expect people to ignore something like that just because they always have to assume that the person might be having a bad day or may not be in the right state of mind with some foggy ideas. That's a dangerous way of thinking and can be used to excuse everything.
Thanks for the reply and I only quoted the part that summarizes what I disagree with. I didn't say to excuse or ignore unacceptable things. I am very much against that and I tend to speak up when I read things that don't sit right with me myself. I'm with you here.

I just would prefer the reaction to be to engage and say "Hey, that's not alright" in a way that isn't flippant and can actually be replied to. Pulling the knives out and shutting the door isn't really going to work if you want a welcoming and friendly atmosphere.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Yeah, just read the news and also free for 24h. lol
The Community is not pleased, so far.

Reactions: lashman

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
The chapters get longer as you go on. You're probably a third through.
Damn, I thought I was about halfway through. Thanks.

Holy crap that difficulty ramp-up in D:OS2. I like that the game is no cakewalk but seeing a troll 2-shot my tank... That feels a little much :p.

Any advice for builds in general?
The game should be getting easier as you go. If you're taking too much damage a good shield can help. Sounds like you're messing with an enemy you aren't ready for yet, though.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Unlocked Skell Flight in Xenoblade X - it's incredibly hard to believe this game is, at its heart, a Wii U game tbh. Looks better than a ton of PS4/XB1 games with the higher internal resolution.
I hate to admit it but it is probably the 2nd best Xeno game after Xenogears. Such a great game.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
At the very least it's "just" a SAGA game, but sucks noneless. Don't care about the SAGA titles, I play the historic titles and "mainline" games.

Last edited:
Reactions: PC-tan and ISee

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
I;m kinda shocked with the Sega news, are I really have to rewrite the same negative review for every sega game in my library?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The game should be getting easier as you go. If you're taking too much damage a good shield can help. Sounds like you're messing with an enemy you aren't ready for yet, though.
The enemy was just a single level above mine so perhaps a little early, that's why I was surprised. I overcame it in the end but I'm really surprised at the spike in difficulty and I'm relieved things get easier :).

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You can see who actually plays and cares about Total War and who doesn't. The ones who don't care (and probably don't even play on PC) are like "Thanks, Epic, just another store"

Those who cares: "Dammit, I need Steam Workshop".

Status
Not open for further replies.