Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Unlocked Skell Flight in Xenoblade X - it's incredibly hard to believe this game is, at its heart, a Wii U game tbh. Looks better than a ton of PS4/XB1 games with the higher internal resolution.
Xeno on 3DS looks so bad and yet it looks amazing at the same time. When you look at stuff up close they just look so bad but when you look at the overall environments they just look so amazing.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
The enemy was just a single level above mine so perhaps a little early, that's why I was surprised. I overcame it in the end but I'm really surprised at the spike in difficulty and I'm relieved things get easier :).
Yeah, a single level can still make quite a difference in this game.
I got destroyed over and over again in chapter 1, still had a hard time in chapter 2, didn't have much trouble in chapter 3 and felt almost invincible in chapter 4.
The game is more fun when you feel underpowered though. I actually was a bit bummed by the fact that I was destroying almost everything in the last chapter.
This game is in my top 5 of all time btw, enjoy it.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
[UWSL]Those who cares: "Dammit, I need Steam Workshop".[/UWSL]
Yeah, seems the game won't get mod support because of Epic's moneyhats.

And Sega's explanation that they are doing is because they signed an exclusivity deal to evolve to multistore releases is complete nonsense.

Seriously, I'm done giving my money to such a crappy industry. I'm done with it.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I'm really, really pissed right now. Seriously, Epic is destroying every bit of my enthusiasm for pc gaming. 😡
You shouldn´t, Epic giving away brand new EXCLUSIVE games is not a good sign for their store, this is peak desparation mode, If CA know that giving this game for free is the only way to appease people, other devs not willing to do the same will steer clear of EGS.

I´m just gonna sit back and enjoy EGSs implosion.:winking-face:

Ge0force man you sacared me a little bit, I saw your name crossed for a sec, don´t leave please, just take a breath, let's watch Epic shoot itself in the feet together.

And he left... god fucking damn it.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Yeah, a single level can still make quite a difference in this game.
I got destroyed over and over again in chapter 1, still had a hard time in chapter 2, didn't have much trouble in chapter 3 and felt almost invincible in chapter 4.
The game is more fun when you feel underpowered though. I actually was a bit bummed by the fact that I was destroying almost everything in the last chapter.
This game is in my top 5 of all time btw, enjoy it.
It's definitively a fantastic game and the combat really has a lot of fun to it. I like that unlike D:OS1 I end up using a lot of consumables for instance. I'm running out of stuff and that's pretty neat. I like that as you said a single level makes a difference. That's pretty cool!

My only gripe is with the writing. Maybe it's just this specific chapter (Driftwood) and it gets better. For instance Fort Joy had Saheila and a few NPCs that were genuinely good and wholesome to interact with. But ever since Malady came along, everyone just trash-talks my character, bullying her this way and that instead of talking to her like an adult and seemingly closing off quest lines when she just refuses to stand for it. I can get behind the writing concept of having not-so-good good guys but it becomes tiresome when everyone on your side is like that :p.

Makes me feel like Shinji in Rebuild 3. Why are you all berating me when I'm trying to help? I still will play the heck out of it because as soon as you step out of the main storyline, the writing becomes normal again. It feels like it might be a CA thing.

Reactions: Dragon1893

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Those who cares: "Dammit, I need Steam Workshop".
CMIIW but can't you use Nexus instead of Steam Workshop?
Xeno on 3DS looks so bad and yet it looks amazing at the same time. When you look at stuff up close they just look so bad but when you look at the overall environments they just look so amazing.
I can count the pixels on XC1 3DS lol.

Reactions: QFNS and PC-tan

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
It's definitively a fantastic game and the combat really has a lot of fun to it. I like that unlike D:OS1 I end up using a lot of consumables for instance. I'm running out of stuff and that's pretty neat. I like that as you said a single level makes a difference. That's pretty cool!

My only gripe is with the writing. Maybe it's just this specific chapter (Driftwood) and it gets better. For instance Fort Joy had Saheila and a few NPCs that were genuinely good and wholesome to interact with. But ever since Malady came along, everyone just trash-talks my character, bullying her this way and that instead of talking to her like an adult and seemingly closing off quest lines when she just refuses to stand for it. I can get behind the writing concept of having not-so-good good guys but it becomes tiresome when everyone on your side is like that :p.

Makes me feel like Shinji in Rebuild 3. Why are you all berating me when I'm trying to help? I still will play the heck out of it because as soon as you step out of the main storyline, the writing becomes normal again. It feels like it might be a CA thing.
I get what you mean but overall the writing is great, imo one of the best in any game.

Wasn't a fan of EVA 3.0 btw, lol.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
You shouldn´t, Epic giving away brand new EXCLUSIVE games is not a good sign for their store, this is peak desparation mode, If CA know that giving this game for free is the only way to appease people, other devs not willing to do the same will steer clear of EGS.

I´m just gonna sit back and enjoy EGSs implosion.:winking-face:
This is not the first game to do this and it likely will not be the last one to do the whole, our game is free at launch.

At least for here, it may as well be the "huge" scoop seeing how SEGA EU is SEGAs PC branch and how this may end up affecting other things. Hopefully this doesn't affect their JPN titles.

How ever if EGS could get stuff like SMTV and other ATLUS titles on PC. I would cave and buy their stuff.

The gang buys anime games from EGS

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I can count the pixels on XC1 3DS lol.
That is how I played the game for the first time. Actually at first it was so bad that after I think 5 hours I just wanted to give up on the game and didn't get why it was praised so much. I still do not get why it gets praised as much as it does. But I do think it is a very good game though. I did eventually go back and play it some more and ended up adding another 50 hours to that. I am currently playing through it since I want to finish the game. I also have the newer version with me as well but have not opened it up yet.

I love how the Videogame gimmick accounts on Twitter i am following all look like this atm

-Keep politics outside of video games.
-talks about politics anyway.

Its only okay when I do it. /S

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Wasn't a fan of EVA 3.0 btw, lol.
It gave us the Wunder and the best mecha/ship start-up sequence in recent memory to the glorious Nautilus's theme remastered. I'm grateful for that at least :). The rest is... a miss for me. I don't approve of the U-turn in the characterization of Misato and the others.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Bundlefest Day 2 bundles are up.
I was hoping the Bento Bundle 3 would be some nice anime for cheap, but they're almost all rebundles :grimacing-face: and I have half of it already :/

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
It's one thing to give a new game launch for free that's a collection of old games.
But straight up giving away a brand-new big-budget title?
Man, Epic must be desperate.

Despite all this, it sure doesn't feel like EGS is reaching its goals.
When is that Fortnite money drying up though lol

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Tried Valorant, it's fun, but apparently I need to have Vanguard enabled at all times regardless if Im playing the game or not. I thought it would be easy to just deactivate it when Im done playing and activate it when Im about to play again, but after deactivating the thing, I have to do a whole long workaround to activate it to be able to play the game.

So for now I decided to uninstall both Vanguard and the game.

Reactions: yuraya and PC-tan

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
It gave us the Wunder and the best mecha/ship start-up sequence in recent memory to the glorious Nautilus's theme remastered. I'm grateful for that at least :). The rest is... a miss for me. I don't approve of the U-turn in the characterization of Misato and the others.
Yeah, same. Eva has a special place in my heart. It was one of the first anime I watched, I was still a teenager at the time and I had never seen anything like it. Tbh it blew my mind. Misato was my favorite character so yeah, I'm with you there.
I wish there was a great EVA game. This show is insanely popular and absolutely perfect for a game adaptation, I don't get why it has such a lackluster representation when it comes to gaming.
I barely watch any anime, mind, so I'm no expert. But yeah, that one made quite an impact on me. I did catch a few popular shows here and there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swenhir

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Yeah, same. Eva has a special place in my heart. It was one of the first anime I watched, I was still a teenager at the time and I had never seen anything like it. Tbh it blew my mind. Misato was my favorite character so yeah, I'm with you there.
I wish there was a great EVA game. This show is insanely popular and absolutely perfect for a game adaptation, I don't get why it has such a lackluster representation when it comes to gaming.
I think there are games but they are specific to arcades. This is the kind of thing Superbunnyhop would knock himself out investigating :).

Eva meant a lot to me as well, in that I saw a lot of myself reflected right back through many of its characters while I was still completely drowning in so many issues it wasn't even funny. While its ending didn't provide any kind of solution, at least it felt a little mirroring and validating.

I think the issue is that it's a little hard to do anything with giant robots with the kind of setting Eva has. At best I can see something not unlike MW or Armored Core with designer-made missions and perhaps branching stories. At the end of the day, it's as anime as it comes and even at that it's an incredibly divisive show. It explicitly deals with mental health and depression, has incredibly brutal and gross visuals and I'm not sure all that many writers can do Eva right. That's a lot of challenges for whoever would be willing to take up the challenger's mantle.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
in other news - ubi somehow found a way to give even less of a fuck about steam than they were previously ... the newest Anno DLC doesn't even have a store page ... so you have to buy the season pass (which also isn't linked anywhere, so if you don't have a direct link to its store page - you're not buying it) ... or you aren't getting the DLC

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018

free game
Lol, I really need to check first if I own something before going through a foreign language translation fight!

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I just noticed everything besides that Minion Masters Pack is sold out on the Chrono.gg store. I'm really late to the party lol.

Lol, I really need to check first if I own something before going through a foreign language translation fight!

[Hidden content]
Thanks to your effort I won't have to deal with that trouble! :thumbsupblob:

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Welcome back mate
Glad to see you're back BlindRhythm 🙂
yup ... seems like we've all missed him! :)
We have, I'm really glad he's back :)
Thank you all so much! :photoblobheart:

Seems you're still a pro at getting a lot of 'thank yous' out of me lash. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

I do also want to say before the thread gets too long and I miss my chance, that you did a fantastic job on the Steam thread once again! The work you always put into these continues to be both impressive and inspiring.

And getting back to the quoted messages real quick, I honestly had no idea that my goofy or cheerful posts meant much. I know being overly excitable can sometimes rub folks the wrong way and it was a fine line I always tried to walk.. eventually it got to be too much pressure and I got into my own head worrying that I was an annoyance. I'll still be that goofy guy but I'll also try better to make my feelings a little more known when it comes to serious topics. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Also I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to say thank you while you were still here Ge0. I know how disheartening Epic and their exclusive nonsense can be. I truly hope that you'll come back when you're ready to. Your passion for PC games and dislike of exclusives was a battle worth fighting.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I do also want to say before the thread gets too long and I miss my chance, that you did a fantastic job on the Steam thread once again! The work you always put into these continues to be both impressive and inspiring.
awww, thanks :) it was nothing, though ... really :D

I was an annoyance
NEVER!!! not even once!

:wd_heart:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I got an ad for how to install Valorant on mobile. This is not one of those ads that appear before a video but rather one of those videos that shows up with other videos on your home page with a yellow ad icon.

I decided to watch the ad, wondering if it was a scam. And well ya it was, in the video they even had the dude install a "free trail" for another app in order to be able to use the Valorant app.

The video is from April, it got over 18k views. It still mentioned the "beta", which was around that time. The video was unlisted, there were no comments. The person that uploaded it seems to only have 1 other video from 6 years ago, other stuff may just be unlisted as well and that's why the video itself is not showing up in their profile.

It justed seemed very scummy. Because there likely are kids that want to play Valorant (because you know how Twitch and Riot hyped the game up) but don't have a PC and want to play on their phones.

By the way did Riot ever mention that the game would be on other platforms? Like mobile? Or what it just be Xbox and PlayStation? Would they skip N/S?

Last edited:

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
NEVER!!! not even once!

:wd_heart:
BlindRhythm You're a cool fella and your contributions on here are always welcome <3
Awww! You two! Eventually I'm going to run out of these cute hug gifs though that might be a good thing before I overrun the thread and/or forum with them but this definitely calls for another!

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
EGS isn't going to disappear. You don't have to buy from them but railing against them will only make you tired, not them. I went through this with Amazon. Now I just avoid them like the plague whenever I can (easy af, besides AWS and cloud, no prime, no prime video and purchase of absolute last resort, which means I haven't bought anything from Bezosbulb in over a year) and put my railing against them energy into that. Plus, I live in NJ, USA, so I just might have bigger things going on than a boycott.

Still haven't done jack with my computer and now I need a new cellphone bc buying a new battery (@$24) is, no joke, half the cost of the phone at the price I purchased it. Two years and 2 months of service. Also, fuck you boost mobile.

In quarantine co op news, twin, friend and I are making a go at state of decay 2. Gears of War 5 is our backup. Hopefully this goes well on Friday.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Just ran into a gamebreaking bug in Tomb Raider Anniversary, hell yeah. It's the second or the third one, but the first one that doesn't have an "easy" workaround. The only suggestion seems to be "restart the entire level (and pray it doesn't happen again, I guess?)"
Uuuuughh.
I like the game, but this stuff just really deflates my motivation...

Edit: I found a savegame right after that point. Bless the person who made a walkthrough and numbered every checkpoint and provided a savegame for every single one of them \o/

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Epic's strategy for PC gaming boils down to propping up Fortnite #s. They don't care about 12% bs anymore. Their sales are basically a buyback program. They moved their goalposts into a weird direction. They saw Fortnite becoming the juggernaut it is being a free game and they are just approaching everything else with a free strategy now.

Steam and GOG are pretty much the only remaining PC storefronts that are in the business of actually selling games to people. All the rest have moved towards subscriptions and freebie/PR driven content.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I started Ac Syndicate, and I didn't even hate it !
After Unity the probabilities were not good.

But as evidently something must always shit the bed between windows 10 and a 4k TV, this motherfucker give me black bars on the left and right of the screen. Anybody experienced that ? Seems to be an issue with the 4k res used, but I specified I wanted 1080p/60hz/16-9e
Ffs :cryblob:

Oh, and BlindRhythm this warm welcome should be proof enough that your fears are unfounded and that people love you when you are you :photoblobheart:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Epic's strategy for PC gaming boils down to propping up Fortnite #s. They don't care about 12% bs anymore. Their sales are basically a buyback program. They moved their goalposts into a weird direction. They saw Fortnite becoming the juggernaut it is being a free game and they are just approaching everything else with a free strategy now.

Steam and GOG are pretty much the only remaining PC storefronts that are in the business of actually selling games to people. All the rest have moved towards subscriptions and freebie/PR driven content.
Lol, idk what you mean by PR driven content.....

That being said, Xbox game pass for PC is pretty worth it. It isn't 2010 anymore, buying games/acquiring access to them doesn't have to look like 2010 either. I'm down with freebies, even if they're clear attempts to get you to spend money.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Ugh, I've been anticipating more Yakuza remasters for PC, and I hope this Sega news doesn't foreshadow more of the same. If so, high seas all day for me!

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Lol, idk what you mean by PR driven content.....

That being said, Xbox game pass for PC is pretty worth it. It isn't 2010 anymore, buying games/acquiring access to them doesn't have to look like 2010 either. I'm down with freebies, even if they're clear attempts to get you to spend money.
PR driven content like airing a Nolan movie inside Fortnite. Just dumb shit that has nothing to do with video games.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
PR driven content like airing a Nolan movie inside Fortnite. Just dumb shit that has nothing to do with video games.
Oh. Well, dumb to be sure.

Video game is just another term for "digital gimmick" tho. Like since its inception. ; )

Also, if your response to EGS is to pirate something, hey, you do you. Just doing you, bringing respect to your cause and taking the high road in this. I'll just steal an alexia from my friend and the credentials of someone else to 'pirate amazon' instead of just living without it. Sounds cool, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.