Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Different things I prefer in both of them

I like the overall atmosphere and story of P4 more (I'm a sucker for murder mysteries).

I enjoy the combat of P5 more with the all the additions.

One thing I absolutely loathe in P5 is the constant interruptions in dungeons. Anytime you encounter a new puzzle, it's like your group has to have a one minute discussion that treats the player like a moron. I know people prefer the dungeons in P5 over P4, but I'd rather take the P4 dungeons because I don't find them to be a slog even if they are pretty much straight lines and simple.
Thanks for the thoughts.

I remember P4 Steam being pretty cheap, so if P5 ever gets there, maybe it won't be so bad (impulse-purchase range).

P5

True story, with a spoiler so small I'm wondering why I tag it.
Second dungeon, Here.We.Go ! Man that dialog tunnel was really long but now I can fight some mobs for a while to diversify !

Enter dungeon.
  • Hey guys, we need to go past that point but right now we can't.
  • Ok, let's go back home.

:thinking-blob:
LOL.

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
Lol. Can't play GG, it tries to start as a VR game and all I see on my monitor is this. Thought maybe wrong resolution but alt + enter to go windowed doesn't fix it...
Try -nohmd as start option to remove VR and -windowed, self explanatory, to change the settings.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Got Planetfall Season Pass along with the two remaining Battletech DLCs for $27ish.
...decent price overall IMO :sf_lovb:

Of course I grabbed 2 dlcs for cheap to cut the price down further :V
I already have them so if anyone wants these Europa Univeralis 4 DLCs, have at them, but do let me know if you took them (kindly don't LIKE this post so that it is easier to figure out who took the codes ;P)
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Sure but i need my Steam release. :okblob:
Thinking about it, I don’t think the risk is big for a MS exclusive. But yeah, that’s the thing that could spoil the dish.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
What's the verdict between P4: Golden vs. P5?

I picked up P4:G Steam at launch but only played like 10% of it. Enjoyed my time but just got distracted or something as I'm wont to do.

P5 sure looks sexier (tech-wise) but am I okay just sticking with P4 (and never playing it, lol) or is there a compelling reason to jump on P5 if it lands on PC?
P5's story was weak as hell and just retread a ton of things Persona 3 and Persona 4 already did but worse. Royal fixed a lot of these issues, but P4 is still the better game story wise. P5 wins out gameplay wise though.

Music is subjective. Mostly just what genre you prefer.

Reactions: Aaron D.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Panda Pedinte
You want Paradox DLCs right?
Well they are in a 'build a bundle' over at humblebundle.com atm.
Hey thanks for the heads up.
Been playing a lot of Cities Skylines and there were 4 dlc's that i wanted but couldn't quite bring myself to spend £45 on them. Just picked them up for around £15.

Reactions: Pommes

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
GOAT!

"Instrumentals you can hear the lyrics to."

[UWSL]That reminds, the decision not to have Shoji do SMT 4's soundtrack was the best thing to happen to the mainline SMT series. I [/UWSL][UWSL]love [/UWSL][UWSL]all of Shoji's work (except for SJ), but man, I don't think we would've gotten something as fresh as Ryota's work on SMT 4. It's just as good as Nocturne's OST for me; so many memorable tracks. Of course, music is subjective, but I'm personally totally stoked to hear what he has composed for SMT V. [/UWSL]

[UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][/UWSL]

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
What's the verdict between P4: Golden vs. P5?

I picked up P4:G Steam at launch but only played like 10% of it. Enjoyed my time but just got distracted or something as I'm wont to do.

P5 sure looks sexier (tech-wise) but am I okay just sticking with P4 (and never playing it, lol) or is there a compelling reason to jump on P5 if it lands on PC?
My opinion:

P4G is the more mature experience of the two. It tackles themes like believing in your own self, tackling your deepest fears and desires, the expectations of society on you, your sexuality, and many more.
P5 on the contrary felt like a pre-teen view on society's problems or maybe a satirical comment on the sexism, misogyny, authoritarian views, of Japanese society who still seem to be stuck in the early 20th century. And even those are heavily overdrawn.
The BIGGEST issue with Persona 5's "message" is that, although the characters fight against it, they don't learn from them or don't grow as characters.
with heavy messages like
  • Sexism = okay,
  • if you have a run-in with the Authorities, you are an outsider, even if you are innocent and prove your innocence
  • if you are sold of into an arranged marriage because of political considerations and your husband-to-be is an abusive asshole, you should try to make your husband "good" instead of getting out of the marriage
The whole game has an outlying message that you should conform to society's expectations and that you are a rebel that has to fit into society even if the people within wronged you.

The gameplay is ace, I even finished P5 two times on my PS3

But overall, I prefer 4G and 3FES, mostly because of the cast and the cozy feelings when exploring the game. The boarding school environment in 3Fes is so cozy and Inaba in 4G is just an overall chill and cozy place.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Gamespark has a writer locked out of Steam purchases. It looks like a chargeback, but there is no chargeback from their side.

___

There are way too many games out, coming out, and on sale. :fearful-face:

How deep is the management in Planet Zoo?

• Sad
Reactions: d00d3n and PC-tan

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Thanks for the feedback on P4/P5, gang.

FOMO averted and perhaps I'll look into P5 if there's a dry spell (lol, there's no such thing).

Reactions: Cacher

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
IGN expo was 10x better than Koch

I can't get over how bad Koch was
You can't spell koch without cock. Or maybe you can but you shouldn't.
And then when time comes and decision has to me made, just ask yourself 'Should I watch cock stream?'

As for elden ring. As long as it's not as shit as dark souls 2 I'll allow it.jpg

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.