Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
NMS continues to evolve
Yet players still don't cast shadows in stations and the lighting is far from fixed overall, especially in interiors. I mean, looking at this trailer, they are patting themselves on the back for things that are a little too last-decade-industry-standard for me (SSR) and kind of highlight how dated a lot of the rendering is.

Some of the additions are genuinely good though, like riding creatures, but those updates are a lot shallower than I thought.

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Also, Fallen Frontier still looks awesome. Quite curious how it'll turn out to be. Rather than the recent trailer that showed nothing, this is far more interesting and gives an idea of what the game looks like and is about :

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Pommes

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Ok after finally getting WotS4 to work without crashing I'm not still not enamored with it.

The graphics are poor, but I already knew that going in, but the sound mixing is really woeful. It's not the sort of thing I typically pay attention to in a game so it does stand out in a bad way; like the sound effects are taking place in a different scene from the dialogue and music, and much louder.

But the game has so far a very strongly hands off approach, and I'm not in the mood to experiment or stick my head into a walkthrough. I basically blundered my way through the first in game day with no direction on what to do or more importantly how most of the mechanics work.
I'll give it another game day to change my mind, but like I've said before, my patience is much thinner these days between the big backlog, game pass, and cheap deals.

Reactions: sanhora

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Also, Fallen Frontier still looks awesome. Quite curious how it'll turn out to be. Rather than the recent trailer that showed nothing, this is far more interesting and gives an idea of what the game looks like and is about :

That looks gorgeous... and something i'll watch someone else play because it looks like it'll make my brain hurt just thinking about it's systems.

• Toucan
Reactions: Swenhir

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I keep thinking about going back to Cities Skylines every now and then. I never got really good with making the traffic work.

Also that game is 6 years old, I wonder if they are any close to revealing the next one.
I hope you Cities fanatics are watching this bloke... he troubleshoots and fixes people's disastrous traffic layouts.

There's even one where the viewers fixed one of his cities!

Yes! These vids are very helpful. Traffic is the main nightmare in Cities Skylines.

Ive also been watching a vid by a city planner which is kind of both interesting and frustrating in that his city is just very well built and mine is not.

this guy....

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Joe Spangle Ha, i posted that very video by City Planner Plays in the youtube gaming video thread earlier. Although i don't play Cities Skylines i do like watching the videos, usually in the background while working, as they are technical yet entertaining. Biffa and City Planner are great.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Nook Inc. invites you to create your personal island paradise on a deserted island brimming with possibility.

Collect bugs, decorate your paradise throughout the day, or enjoy sunset on the beach while fishing in the ocean.

Craft everything from tools to creature comforts as you create and customize your island community.

Show off your island utopia to family and friends—or pack your bags and visit theirs.
it's out!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
And that's Nier Replicant Route B done !
This route ups the drama to the max, with the subtetly of a truck. Paradoxically a little laughable and still quite effective. You will feel miserable. Some suspicions are confirmed, ending is altered for the better. I fear I will still need to find a Nier Replicant for dummies when all is said and done, though.
I'm afraid I will repeat myself every time I finish a route. Great lore, too bad that there is a game to suffer through.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
And that's Nier Replicant Route B done !
This route ups the drama to the max, with the subtetly of a truck. Paradoxically a little laughable and still quite effective. You will feel miserable. Some suspicions are confirmed, ending is altered for the better. I fear I will still need to find a Nier Replicant for dummies when all is said and done, though.
I'm afraid I will repeat myself every time I finish a route. Great lore, too bad that there is a game to suffer through.
Route C will hit you like a bag of bricks.

• Sad
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Route C will hit you like a bag of bricks.
Damn, that's promising :sweaty-blob:
A little question by the way, is Route C altering just the ending or are there new sequences during it like Route B ?

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Damn, that's promising :sweaty-blob:
A little question by the way, is Route C altering just the ending or are there new sequences during it like Route B ?
There are new sequences, but even less than Route B. I think this is what I disliked the most about the game other than the sidequests, routes B and C could have been in the same route...

At least for route D there's no need to repeat the game again, you can reload before the end of route C.

Last edited:
Reactions: Li Kao

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
"
PSB: [How does] PC fit into the worldview of PlayStation Studios moving forward?
Hermen: We’re still early on in our planning for PC. And Horizon Zero Dawn has been very successful. I think it shows there’s an appetite from gamers outside the PlayStation ecosystem to experience the amazing portfolio of games that PlayStation fans have enjoyed for years.
But I want to emphasize that PlayStation will remain the best place to play our PlayStation Studios titles at launch. But we do value PC gamers, and we’ll continue to look at the right times to launch each game. Bend Studio just released the PC version of Days Gone on May 18. So that’s about two years after the PS4 release.
And I hope that a new set of fans can and will enjoy that title. And that’s the goal — we want to reach new gamers who haven’t yet experienced the great stories, characters, and worlds that we’ve built. Releasing games on PC will not come ever at the expense of building an exciting lineup of great console games.
"

Now announce God of War PC you sons of bitches.

taril360dz

Apr 17, 2019
Algeria
www.tarik-bouchikhi.cf
"
PSB: [How does] PC fit into the worldview of PlayStation Studios moving forward?
Hermen: We’re still early on in our planning for PC. And Horizon Zero Dawn has been very successful. I think it shows there’s an appetite from gamers outside the PlayStation ecosystem to experience the amazing portfolio of games that PlayStation fans have enjoyed for years.
But I want to emphasize that PlayStation will remain the best place to play our PlayStation Studios titles at launch. But we do value PC gamers, and we’ll continue to look at the right times to launch each game. Bend Studio just released the PC version of Days Gone on May 18. So that’s about two years after the PS4 release.
And I hope that a new set of fans can and will enjoy that title. And that’s the goal — we want to reach new gamers who haven’t yet experienced the great stories, characters, and worlds that we’ve built. Releasing games on PC will not come ever at the expense of building an exciting lineup of great console games.
"

Now announce God of War PC you sons of bitches.
this reads as if all 1p games will come to pc just not at launch

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Bloodborne and Last of Us Part II are my most wanted titles but I'll take basically anything. I wasn't crazy about God of War and even that I'd be willing to give another shot, if only to play it with at a proper resolution and with decent IQ (god, PS Now fucking sucks...)

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm a cinematographically-obsessed person so please, give me GoW and UC4 so I can rejoice and obsess over the craft that went into them. Also, Christopher Judge's acting.

Reactions: xinek and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.