Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Poor Falcom. To get it all spoiled by a half-assed store.

I can't believe I waited so long to play Descenders. What a wonderful game. Oh it's made by the Action Henk folks? What is wrong with me.
The game is a lot of fun, try some of the map mods too, they are super creative and somewhat feels better than the main tracks.

Here you go: Descenders Mods

Reactions: Tomasety

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Ffs, I get over my inertia, try My Time at Portia and… I’m not sold.

Hard to articulate the feeling, let’s put it that way: I’m very much more playing in accordance to the mechanics than because I’m transported to another world. I had heard of an awful grind but it certainly doesn’t help that the first few projects are relatively demanding and multi days affairs. Meaning, as soon as the game starts you have to face the grind, you don’t have the leisure to let the world sinks in with super basic projects.
Yeah i couldn't get into that one either.

Reactions: Li Kao

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I didn't mind Portia once my crashing issue was sorted but it really cemented that these games aren't for me. Animal Crossing, Tomodachi Life, Portia, Hokko Life, Stardew Valley etc are all super charming but i'm not the kind of person who like to feel that i have to open a game daily. It seems like work then. I think it's why i've never really got into mobile games or gacha either... and to some extent why MP games don't really appeal to me much.

I can play an SP nearly daily for weeks but then i move on to the next one. The only game that i still feel drawn back to is FFXIV, i loved playing that but then i hit a road-block with the Pliot-Dungeons and kind of wandered off. I've heard there's AI help now so i don't have to rely on a random group? So i'm tempted to go back and see what's up. I do miss Eorzea at times.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
So I need some genuine tips on how to double ones money?
Double might be hard, but I just "invest" in FOREX myself. I say "invest" because I don't buy shares, but rather use an exchange office and buy/sell depending on current rates. Made like $400 off my GBP investment so far. It's relatively safe since you can always exchange it the moment it drops even by a tiny bit if you're paranoic. You just need to monitor the rates at all times (which is easy with many apps as you can set alarms). Just find a good exchange office. Mine is literally free of charge with as many currency accounts as I want and even includes a free debit card that automatically detecs the currency the transaction is in so it's really useful for buying keys off third-party sellers and such.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Try doing that when the game crashes randomly between 5minutes and 2 hours. I restarted that game so many times i'm sick of the intro.

Anyway, what you're experiencing is the point of a lot of those style games. They are meant to be played daily/frequently for a while per-session. They're not really games designed to be done quickly. So, there is a lot of gatekeeping of content meant to draw things out and make progess seem meaningful.
that said, find a guide for Portia and you can get a lot of things done in a quick time if you just want to blast through the game.

If you just want story and chill time then there's always WeMod or CheatEngine to give you the gold to just buy stuff.
Hmm, noooo ! Maybe I wasn't clear in my post (or maybe I'm not clear with myself). I'm very much ok with the grind. I would even say I'm pretty much in for it, my mood these days. It's just that imho the game didn't sell me its world enough, its not organic enough and very mechanic from the get-go.
The curve is very loopsided imho. You barely start the game and your first few projects are relatively complex, requiring ressources you have to look for, and machinery you have to build first and which are not easy to build either. The end result for me, and my annoyance, is that when I understood how to gather these ressources I was already fully thinking in units of this or that and not soaking in the world.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Nobody posted this yet?
Mystery Hardware Reservation seems to be coming to Steam...

Index 2?
Pal?
Steam Controller 2?
Index wireless kit?
Link 4K?

Man, I'm really interested in SteamPal. I just really hope the price is right (the rumored $400 would be the most I'm willing to pay). All the handheld PCs in the market right now are way too expensive and I just cba buying Switch as Nintendo's first party barely interests me and I don't fancy myself rebuying games I already own for $60 due to Nintendo tax. Not to mention the amount of games simply unavailable on Switch that are on PC and would work great on a handheld.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Man, I'm really interested in SteamPal. I just really hope the price is right (the rumored $400 would be the most I'm willing to pay). All the handheld PCs in the market right now are way too expensive and I just cba buying Switch as Nintendo's first party barely interests me and I don't fancy myself rebuying games I already own for $60 due to Nintendo tax. Not to mention the amount of games simply unavailable on Switch that are on PC and would work great on a handheld.
I would go as far as 500. But seeing the price of comparable products and having serious doubts about Valve willing to take a hit on this, I'm preparing myself to be seriously let down.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
I would go as far as 500. But seeing the price of comparable products and having serious doubts about Valve willing to take a hit on this, I'm preparing myself to be seriously let down.
Sadly, when you're in Europe, every price increase turns out actually much bigger due to high sales taxes, so $500 would be too much for what would essentially be a fancy gadget for me and not main gaming platform.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Sadly, when you're in Europe, every price increase turns out actually much bigger due to high sales taxes, so $500 would be too much for what would essentially be a fancy gadget for me and not main gaming platform.
True !

On the other hand, I don't know how on earth I can resist my dream machine (if it plays Steam games, locally or streaming, AND if it's possible to launch emulators on it).

Reactions: LEANIJA

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Hmh my mother sent me some money out of the blue. So suddenly I am halfway to a new camera!

So I need some genuine tips on how to double ones money? My old camera is still holding on, so not in a hurry but would be nice at least when my masters studies start.

And yes I write this here because no one goes outside this thread!:p
That all depends on "ethics" I guess if you wanted you could always be a reseller.

There have been a number of items that I have purchased in the last year that I can now sell for at least twice of what I purchased it for.

As an example I purchased the Master ball by the wand company for about $150USD. Had I choose to sell it brand new I could be selling it right now for $700USD. (There were only 5k of these things made world wide)

So it all depends.

• Love
Reactions: Le Pertti

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Hoping for a good deal on Call of the Sea, Ashen, Wattam, BeamNG, Rhythm Doctor, Omori, Bug Fables, Carto, There is No Game and many more.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Double might be hard, but I just "invest" in FOREX myself. I say "invest" because I don't buy shares, but rather use an exchange office and buy/sell depending on current rates. Made like $400 off my GBP investment so far. It's relatively safe since you can always exchange it the moment it drops even by a tiny bit if you're paranoic. You just need to monitor the rates at all times (which is easy with many apps as you can set alarms). Just find a good exchange office. Mine is literally free of charge with as many currency accounts as I want and even includes a free debit card that automatically detecs the currency the transaction is in so it's really useful for buying keys off third-party sellers and such.
Yeah I'm thinking maybe go that way, sooner or later one has to learn about investing in stuff like that. But I know absolutely zero!

That all depends on "ethics" I guess if you wanted you could always be a reseller.

There have been a number of items that I have purchased in the last year that I can now sell for at least twice of what I purchased it for.

As an example I purchased the Master ball by the wand company for about $150USD. Had I choose to sell it brand new I could be selling it right now for $700USD. (There were only 5k of these things made world wide)

So it all depends.
That does seem little too risky for me! Not because the ethics of it but just the knowing what will be valuable. Hell give me a kilo of coke and I'll sell it for profit but stocking on items that I might not get profit on seems too risky.XD

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Yeah I'm thinking maybe go that way, sooner or later one has to learn about investing in stuff like that. But I know absolutely zero!
Well, it's pretty much looking at graphs and then buying when the rate is low and selling when it's high :p The idea is to put a lot of money in, since then even small gains in rates of a few cents will result in a nice monetary gain. It's a good idea to read about the economic situation and events in the country you're buying currency of, though those don't always make sense. Everyone predicted GBP to tank because of Brexit and all, yet it skyrocketed (and I sold prematurely because of that :disapproval-blob:). As I've said, good exchange offices will have their own mobile app with alerts and auto-exchange options. You want to set an alarm for a low that you consider good to buy (just look at the currency's history, pick a fairly recent dip and increase by a few cents) and once you buy, make an alarm for high (analogically, look for a recent jump and then lower it by a few cents). You can also set an alarm for a few cents below the price you've bought the currency for, so you can cash out with negligible loses if you're afraid of a free-fall or simply can't afford to have the money frozen for as long as it may take for the currency to recover.

That's the gist of it.

• Love
Reactions: Le Pertti

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
In case any of you bought Legend of Mana remaster on Humble Store, check your order, key is already available. :cat-heart-blob:

I'm glad he doesn't. The world doesn't need another billionaire CEO dropping idiotic hot takes on Twitter. Elon and Tim (and I'm sure many others) already have that market cornered.
In fact, I think he prefers the classic e-mail system as he answers individually and in a more personal way, so yeah, I'm glad he doesn't have any twitter account.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Here is the full list of titles joining the GeForce NOW library this week:
• Industries of Titan (day-and-date early access on Steam and Epic Games Store)
• LEGO Builder’s Journey (day-and-date release on Steam and Epic Game Store)
• Phantom Abyss (early access on Steam)
• Dual Universe beta (Native Launcher)
• Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG (Steam)
• The Final Station (Steam)
• Iron Harvest (Epic Games Store)
• PowerWash Simulator (Steam)
• Spirit of the North (Steam)
• Strategic Mind: Spectre of Communism (Steam)
• Strategic Mind: The Pacific (Steam)
• Tom Clancy’s splinter Cell Conviction (Ubisoft Connect)
• Tools Up! (Steam)

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
In case any of you bought Legend of Mana remaster on Humble Store, check your order, key is already available. :cat-heart-blob:

In fact, I think he prefers the classic e-mail system as he answers individually and in a more personal way, so yeah, I'm glad he doesn't have any twitter account.
He has a Reddit account where the last time he posted was two months ago helping a customer with their Valve Index. Also he's a lot more diplomatic on the topic of PC stores.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Mod tools for Halo CE.

• Gib
Reactions: QFNS

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Apple trying to fight off legislation into their app store walled garden by claiming "no! side loading actually REMOVES choice, you ignorant peasants" is the most Apple thing ever. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.