Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I feel how well Halo, Sea of Thieves, Forza etc. are doing on Steam shows how little PC people cares about game pass.

It doesn't matter if the service is cheap if it isn't working correctly a lot of the time or lacks certain features. Like, Halo CE got mod tools yesterday, which is a big thing, but it's only for Steam because PC game pass doesn't support it.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Still can't quite believe that come 2023 we'll be living in a timeline where all Trails games are officially localized and available on PC.
No longer will it be necessary to dance around the Crossbell gap when recommending them so someone or someone asks about play order.
Now only the Sky games need a PS4 + Switch port and Switch versions for CS 1 + 2 and then the entire series is basically available on everything except Xbox going forward unless Sony or Nintendo drop backwards compatibility again in the future.
I mean, by then there will likely be two games in the new Kuro arc that still haven't hit the West. So, not all games.
But given the commitment of NISA to keep translating them, there's no longer any worry about whether they will hit PC.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So far today: Everhood | HUNTDOWN | OMORI | Cloudpunk | Umurangi Generation | Wattam | Knights And Bikes | Mindustry | Voxelgram | Un Pas Fragile | Boris and the Dark Survival | SIMULACRA | Deadly Days | HIVESWAP: ACT 1 | Micro Mages | Lorelai | Pictopix

Yesterday: Carto | Call of the Sea | Maquette

Also, very cool that I can copy-paste my purchases from the activity feed and the link to the Steam pages will still work here. Usually I've copy pasted from my purchase history, but this way is easier.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I mean, by then there will likely be two games in the new Kuro arc that still haven't hit the West. So, not all games.
But given the commitment of NISA to keep translating them, there's no longer any worry about whether they will hit PC.
I didn't mention that because we'll always be at least 1 game behind until Falcom changes their approach of only allowing English localisations to start after the game releases. But I can see that gap not getting bigger afterwards. Right now it's a bit awkward because Zero and Azure are necessary backlog that push out Reverie a bit more and by extension Kuro, but I imagine that will stabilize after wards to 1 game behind.

But I admit I'm also not really that invested right now, because I'm already 4 games behind (that I technically could play in English right now) anyway (Crossbell, CS 3 + 4), so it's whatever, lol

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I didn't mention that because we'll always be at least 1 game behind until Falcom changes their approach of only allowing English localisations to start after the game releases. But I can see that gap not getting bigger afterwards. Right now it's a bit awkward because Zero and Azure are necessary backlog that push out Reverie a bit more and by extension Kuro, but I imagine that will stabilize after wards to 1 game behind.

But I admit I'm also not really that invested right now, because I'm already 4 games behind (that I technically could play in English right now) anyway (Crossbell, CS 3 + 4), so it's whatever, lol
I'm in the same boat, 4 games behind, except it's the entirety of Cold Steel. So having the new game in 2023 means I do not need to rush and can take my time with Cold Steel.

I really look forward to what the ports of the Crossbell games will be like. The Geofront did some amazing job, adding a visual cursor like the Sky games had it, an absolutly amazing conversation log, and lots of other great futures, in addition to the usual addition of a turbo mode. If PH3 also works on porting the Kai versions, I wonder what else they can do. The text boxes are huge on in the existing PC ports, and it would be nice if that could be made optionally smaller. Also the Kai versions have really low texture and sprite quality. I fear that won't change as Joyoland seems to own those HD assets (however that even works, considering Falcom clearly produced them).

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
My wishlist has... 4 games. 3 of them are upcoming games which I want to get around release date (ie. Cris Tales, Forgotten City and Tales of Arise).

I usually try to remember interesting games in my brain and add things to the list before sale, so it is more like a purchase list to me.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I have about 86 games on my wishlist. I tend to purge the thing completely every couple of years. If I haven't bought the game by then I tend to think I probably won't be buying it at all.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019

Everyone buy this.
I'm so tempted to buy this just to have it in my Steam library, because I loved it so much (played on PS). But unfortunately, it's a game I'll never enjoy as much the second time -- the experience of the first playthrough can never be replicated. What a gem.
Why did you post this? I was doing so well resisting this one.

• Toucan
  • Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Got 1490 on my wishlist.
rookie numbers

That they either implemented always-online for Steam only, or that the EGS version had always online for a year and no one noticed.
someone would've had to have bought it first :p

and in other news:

oh yeah, i forgot to mention that the steam game that was including the epic overlay was tetris effect beta i just couldn't talk about it since they were putting people under pseudo-nda
welp ... guess i won't be buying it after all ... oh well

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I'm so tempted to buy this just to have it in my Steam library, because I loved it so much (played on PS). But unfortunately, it's a game I'll never enjoy as much the second time -- the experience of the first playthrough can never be replicated. What a gem.
You could do a second run with the passive monsters mode turned on!

Reactions: xinek
Status
Not open for further replies.