Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
To worry whether a piece of malware will run on one's pc or not. Wannacry doesn't support my cpu, ordering new parts as I'm typing this.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
  • Toucan
Reactions: Alextended

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Hmm, I think the way the URL updates on those link is messed up.

OCID=1 is This PC will run Windows 11.
OCID=2 is This PC will not run Windows 11.
OCID=3 is We are working on it (OEM).

Basically, if I link this: Upgrade to the New Windows 11 OS | Microsoft and someone here clicks on it, the page will not actually re-check whether your PC meets the requirements. So yeah, just ignore it. More MS nonsense. :p

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Hmm, I think the way the URL updates on those link is messed up.

OCID=1 is This PC will run Windows 11.
OCID=2 is This PC will not run Windows 11.
OCID=3 is We are working on it (OEM).

Basically, if I link this: Upgrade to the New Windows 11 OS | Microsoft and someone here clicks on it, the page will not actually re-check whether your PC meets the requirements. So yeah, just ignore it. More MS nonsense. :p
I think you are meant to install this PC Health app, and it probably opens the appropriate URL after it's checked your PC.
Considering it needs to check some low-level details like the TPM your machine supports, that wouldn't work on a browser anyway, as they are sandboxed by default.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
I think you are meant to install this PC Health app, and it probably opens the appropriate URL after it's checked your PC.
Considering it needs to check some low-level details like the TPM your machine supports, that wouldn't work on a browser anyway, as they are sandboxed by default.
Yeah, that's probably it. But when I tried out the APP earlier, it never linked me to anything else. Says the requirements are not met within the APP itself.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, that's probably it. But when I tried out the APP earlier, it never linked me to anything else. Says the requirements are not met within the APP itself.
The link is the "learn more" button on that pop up.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Intentional or not, the "test app" is out there, so Microsoft should probably address these issues.... but I guess that requires the Windows division to actually be good... like... not having three styles of UI in a single OS good :p

They could at least tell WHY you failed the test....

While I have no rush to install 11, if DirectStorage is indeed exclusive that can complicate things.

And since I'm already complaining: Valve, can you please not keep showing Mass Effect as on of the three "big" games on store front? You missed with the other two (Outriders and Elders Scrolls Online), but this one is really tempting me.....

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Also, unless some prices still haven't updated, the only Atelier game on sale is Ryza 2.
Lol Koei, I don't even care anymore.
First thing I checked was Ryza and just found it both stupid and funny that the sequel is currently cheaper than the first game.

Decided against Cold Steel II when I realised that I still have the previous 4(?) games to play through. Mix that in with FF XIV and I think I can probably grab it in the next sale, or the sale after that.

So I think I can safely ignore the sale for the time being.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
The Recommended widget at the top of every category is really slick. It's much better than the usual recommendations in the front page, with user reviews.

The browsing by category is a bit clumsy tho. I much preferred the Deep Dive experiment. Sad they killed it.

Reactions: lashman

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
If you guys have the hardware but the health app says you can't update to win11, check if your windows installation boot mode is Legacy of UEFI, I had to convert from legacy to UEFI and now the app says I'm good for the update.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
It is pretty dope that I don't have anything to really buy!

I mean I was gonna buy Sea of Thieves but its only 33%, I mean last month it was 50%....

• Sad
Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It is pretty dope that I don't have anything to really buy!

I mean I was gonna buy Sea of Thieves but its only 33%, I mean last month it was 50%....
probably because of the PotC update ... still sucks, though :negative-blob:

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Did anyone get the DLC weapon skins for Scarlet Nexus for signing up for their newsletter? I haven't gotten mine yet and I signed up for it a long time ago.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Well..I looked through and realized..what roguelike/lite should I look at? I got a bunch already like Noita/GUN/Hades/Dead/Slay any suggestions?
If you want something more deckbuilder-esque, Monster Train and Vault of the Void I liked more than StS by... a lot, but I am very critical of StS so.

More action-y, and actually reminds me a lot of Hades in its' story telling (gameplay is a bit slower though), is Children of Morta. It starts out kinda slow but I really loved it by the end. One Step From Eden is fun and neat but also fucking impossible, it's like Crypt of the Necrodancer on steroids.

Reactions: oipic

Spookyfriend

Jan 27, 2019
Price error (at least in USA)
Although it's 100% off, I was able to add it to cart and purchase it for 2 cents.
I managed to add it to my cart too and now I am thinking should I purchase something that I am not playing for 2 cents :(

Status
Not open for further replies.