Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaston

Mar 14, 2021
I hope somebody can help me finding a very specific sort of game. I'm looking for a structured faffing about game in the vein of Assassin's Creed Syndicate. I tried Far Cry 3 and Creed Origins, but neither could scratch that specific itch of having a plethora of different (shortish) missions you could just select from the map and do. You had murdermysteries, missions for famous people, collectables. And they all had some reward: weapons, money, making London more free.
I know I am not being as clear as I could be, but maybe somebody has good tip.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
I hope somebody can help me finding a very specific sort of game. I'm looking for a structured faffing about game in the vein of Assassin's Creed Syndicate. I tried Far Cry 3 and Creed Origins, but neither could scratch that specific itch of having a plethora of different (shortish) missions you could just select from the map and do. You had murdermysteries, missions for famous people, collectables. And they all had some reward: weapons, money, making London more free.
It's been a while since I played it but I remember Sunset Overdrive having shortish missions. I at least think the side activities outside of the main story being short. But the tone is very different from AC: Syndicate. Though I think the thing that would be closest to what you are looking for would be the Spider-Man games by Insomniac

Gaston

Mar 14, 2021
It's been a while since I played it but I remember Sunset Overdrive having shortish missions. I at least think the side activities outside of the main story being short. But the tone is very different from AC: Syndicate. Though I think the thing that would be closest to what you are looking for would be the Spider-Man games by Insomniac
Thanks for the tips. Shame that Ubi made the Creed games in witcher 3-like games. I am one of those weirdo's who liked the heavily restricited nature of the old Assassin's Creed games. (Big confession: I almost always look at a guide when playing a game, it's simply stronger than myself.)

Here's hoping Sony brings Spidey to pc.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

no, this will not change anything wrt regional pricing from big and small publishers
I have to say, having been to Argentina and seen how much people are suffering from the downturn and depression in the 2000's, fuck these people exploiting regional pricing and making it harder for true nationals to play games.

Of course, most of all, fuck publishers and studios that don't realize the reality of living there either and just need to extract all the money they can from ever single sale, nevermind that they are shooting themselves in the foot in gross profit.

Morning, Meta, I swear I'm not always grumpy.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I have to say, having been to Argentina and seen how much people are suffering from the downturn and depression in the 2000's, fuck these people exploiting regional pricing and making it harder for true nationals to play games.
yeah, of course

sadly - this won't change anything about that ... publishers will continue to raise prices in all the poorest regions regardless

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Agreed, I had that thought seconds after posting my post and added it in.
oh yeah, just noticed

but yeah - it's good they did this ... regardless of everything else

but the reality is that this will change nothing for big and small publishers ... but it WILL change a lot for smaller devs ... because i can't imagine most of those region-switchers will now go back to just buying games in their own regions like nothing happened

it's a lose-lose situation really ... unfortunately

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Have you played any Saints Row games?

Reactions: Gaston and lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

no, this will not change anything wrt regional pricing from big and small publishers
I will be fucked up for not being able to get region locked content but seeing people get fucked for abusing the system is always a pleasure :evilblob:

btw what you all got from the sale?
So far 4 games
(this is so far my GOTY 2021 and I will explain why once I 100% it)

More to come today and/or tomorrow :blobmorning:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
For all the shit that gets thrown at the Assassins' Creed games they do have some gems in the series that other games don't quite do. Many games have lots of "missions" that are either kill someone or steal something unfortunately.

Hmmm, i don't think there's much in the AAA bracket but these are "close".. ish.

AC2 Brotherhood - probably close
AC4 Black Flag
Batman Arkham Games - Not played 'em so couldn't say which one is best or most fitting
Dishonored - kinda
The Saboteur
The Thief series
Watch Dogs

I'm sure there's a bunch of AA games i'm forgetting that might be a bit janky but fit the spec much better.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Soon done with Sackboy, so Im back with PC gaming again. Well, I still have 13 Sentinels, Demon's and Returnal, but those are games I can more or pless play on-and-off again.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
The inbetweeners?

I'm not very familiar with UK shows.

But from what little I know, I know that wankers is a common insult word in the UK?
Yes, it's The Inbetweeners an old UK TV Comedy series about young people at school leaving age so 17-18, and yes, Wanker is an insult but it's also one of those terms you call your friends and no insult is taken, it's all in how it's delivered. Technically a Wanker is someone who is pleasuring themselves. Aussies use it a lot also, or used to.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
but yeah - it's good they did this ... regardless of everything else

but the reality is that this will change nothing for big and small publishers ... but it WILL change a lot for smaller devs ... because i can't imagine most of those region-switchers will now go back to just buying games in their own regions like nothing happened

it's a lose-lose situation really ... unfortunately
It's still worth removing excuses from publishers.

And hell, I honestly think that at some point publishers will start to crack and compromise, albeit slowly. EA for example: here in Brazil they were charging 299 BRL for a new game, but their latest 2 preorders (Battlefield and Madden 22) are oddly 249 BRL. Same for Koei Tecmo, who has been fucking us over for 4 years now, has suddenly realized they actually want to sell videogames.

Gaston

Mar 14, 2021
Have you played any Saints Row games?
Yep. Played a little bit of 2, but even with fanpatshces i couldn't get it to run properly. Really enjoyed 3, constantrly spawning tanks to do the defend missions was pretty op. Sadly 4 is the first game ever to give me motionsickness. I guess it was the glitching effect, because on the techside it's mostly the same as 3.

For all the shit that gets thrown at the Assassins' Creed games they do have some gems in the series that other games don't quite do. Many games have lots of "missions" that are either kill someone or steal something unfortunately.

Hmmm, i don't think there's much in the AAA bracket but these are "close".. ish.

AC2 Brotherhood - probably close
AC4 Black Flag
Batman Arkham Games - Not played 'em so couldn't say which one is best or most fitting
Dishonored - kinda
The Saboteur
The Thief series
Watch Dogs

I'm sure there's a bunch of AA games i'm forgetting that might be a bit janky but fit the spec much better.
Thanks. I already played most of them. Arkham Knight especially has the gameplayloop i'm searching for.
I have watchdogs 2 so gonna give that a try. And I'm probably going to buy Kiwami in sale. Lot's of shit to do in Yakuza 0.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's still worth removing excuses from publishers.
oh, definitely ... but honestly i don't think they really give a fuck ... like, at all

And hell, I honestly think that at some point publishers will start to crack and compromise, albeit slowly. EA for example: here in Brazil they were charging 299 BRL for a new game, but their latest 2 preorders (Battlefield and Madden 22) are oddly 249 BRL. Same for Koei Tecmo, who has been fucking us over for 4 years now, has suddenly realized they actually want to sell videogames.
that's good to hear :)

now if only EU wasn't a complete mess with that stuff ... because there you have 60/70€ for every single country in the EU .... but also some countries have median wage of 4000€ per month ... and some have 300€ per month ... quite the difference, i'd say, lol

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Yep. Played a little bit of 2, but even with fanpatshces i couldn't get it to run properly. Really enjoyed 3, constantrly spawning tanks to do the defend missions was pretty op. Sadly 4 is the first game ever to give me motionsickness. I guess it was the glitching effect, because on the techside it's mostly the same as 3.
Hmm... Mad Max?

• This!
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Seeing the insane ramblings about how TPM is awful and removes user control for reasons is maddening...

Reactions: lashman

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020

Nothing will change because, AFAIK, the most common method of getting games from Argentina easily circumvents all the restrictions on Steam.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
[UWSL][/UWSL]
oh, definitely ... but honestly i don't think they really give a fuck ... like, at all

that's good to hear :)

now if only EU wasn't a complete mess with that stuff ... because there you have 60/70€ for every single country in the EU .... but also some countries have median wage of 4000€ per month ... and some have 300€ per month ... quite the difference, i'd say, lol
I work in IT and I earn about 800€. Poland is fucked when it comes to regional pricing because we have to pay as much as other much richer countries for some unknown magical reason. Gaming is an expensive hobby here ( would not recommend) and companies wonder why piracy is such a plague in my country. I had to become one of those patient gamers. In my whole life I bought a game at full price only twice and that was only because those games were "only" 40€ at release.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Yes, it's The Inbetweeners an old UK TV Comedy series about young people at school leaving age so 17-18, and yes, Wanker is an insult but it's also one of those terms you call your friends and no insult is taken, it's all in how it's delivered. Technically a Wanker is someone who is pleasuring themselves. Aussies use it a lot also, or used to.
Listen to this smart little wanker, ey

MaskedCircle

"Let's Positive Thinking"
May 28, 2021
Liberating areas, upgrading different stuff. Just what I was looking for. Really appreciate everybodys help.

Bought:
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kwami 2
  • Catherine
  • Mad Max

Don't have to buy anymore games this year (Narrator: He's going to cave and buy more games this year).
Catherine is one of my fav platformers game only because of how unique it felt. Hope you enjoy

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Let's just say that if MS, Sony and EA are banking as hell on Steam, if Sony speeds-up their porting initiative they would drive crazy amounts of revenue with their big ones, Days Gone is just proof that if you put it on sale, people will buy it.

Also, Elden Ring sure is looking like a VEEEEEEEEERY powerful release, anyway, analysis coming shortly.

ALSO, I ALMOST FORGOT!!!!
I just noticed that I have been following the same tweet-chain for a year already, every Sunday since June 28th, 2020 doing this top chart format and I'm glad I haven't missed a single week.

This was the first one :blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes:

This is the entire collection up to this point!

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Happy for Horizon. It's a very good game.
God of War is going to be massive on Steam.
And on the flipside Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 will also be massive, especially Halo since the multiplayer will be F2P.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Let's just say that if MS, Sony and EA are banking as hell on Steam, if Sony speeds-up their porting initiative they would drive crazy amounts of revenue with their big ones, Days Gone is just proof that if you put it on sale, people will buy it.

Also, Elden Ring sure is looking like a VEEEEEEEEERY powerful release, anyway, analysis coming shortly.

ALSO, I ALMOST FORGOT!!!!
I just noticed that I have been following the same tweet-chain for a year already, every Sunday since June 28th, 2020 doing this top chart format and I'm glad I haven't missed a single week.

This was the first one :blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes:

This is the entire collection up to this point!
There would be at least one Ubisoft game on that list if they didn't left.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I know what you mean. I played Syndicate and Unity back to back years ago. And haven't been able to reproduce that feel since. That tight city stealthy vibe feel. Just great adventure games that make you want to go all over the city and explore/collect etc.

Its a shame they went in to the direction Odyssey/Origins went into. The series just isn't same since.

The best type of games I can recommend that kind of gave that same vibe are Arkham City/Origins/Knight and maybe (maybe) the first Watch Dogs. Not all too similar tbh but maybe you get a little bit out of it.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Something nice I see on Twitter is people posting pics of their purchases and a lot of games are years old, like from PS2, PS3 and PS4 generations. It's nice that PC doesn't have any sort of generational thing and this earns Valve a shitload of money. Buying the first Dishonored or Just Cause 2 or Crysis Warhead is like buying RE Village, no need to dig up and cross your fingers your PS3 or 360 still works or that the game supports BC on Xbone/SeriesX/S.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Okay, I've bought one game during this sale. The Solitaire Conspiracy. I've been thinking of getting it and hey, I got a bit of extra cash helping my family prepare for the 4th of July.

• Comfy
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
Status
Not open for further replies.