Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
What's better on YouTube than leftists praising Disco Elysium?

<coughs subtly>

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
What are my options if I want an Animal Crossing clone ?
Hokko Life just released, any other ?

Trying to gauge the extant of the offer.
I had a look about and these were the most commonly mentioned games that seemed to fit best.

There's also Spiritfarer, DQ Builders 2, My Time at Portia, Story of Seasons - Mineral Town.
Maybe people who own any of them can chime in with their opinion.

My Time At Portia is kinda Animal Crossing but not really. You build your house, do chores and yasks for people, go adventuring and mining, do events but it's not the same. I have Doraemon too but haven't played it.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
We are being bamboozled into playing Anthem for some reason and while i was subscribing to EA play i had to find out...

EA HAS A WHOLE NEW DOWNLOADER YET AGAIN?

What the actual fuck man, that's like their fifth in 15 years???
We are what ? Who is we ? What is in it for us ? Should I be installing right now ? :fearful-face:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Having just beat SMT1, I recognize this. from that too. :blobnerd:

In the Domain of Sloth at the moment, oh - I get it as I type this - these slow ass students digging holes and wasting my time. But it's using the Ginza song from SMT1.

Raiho is cuter. :longswordblob:

These games are on my SMT list too :heroblob:. I found out about SMT too late (pretty much grew up playing cRPGS - Wizardry, Baldur's Gate, NWN etc) and missed out on his plushie when Raidou released :surrenderblob:

Pyro Jack, why?

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Sloth is a HUGE pain in the ass.
This might be the most poorly designed dungeon I’ve ever experienced. Literally, just run around to pass time so I can progress

Gaming on PC exclusively for the last 30 years means that I have absolutely no idea what all these weird japanese games even are.

These old SMT games are pretty good blobbers/dungeon crawlers so far. Definitely recommend to other PC-enthusiasts here who liked Wizardry, Bard’s Tale, EoTB, M&M, etc.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Gaming on PC exclusively for the last 30 years means that I have absolutely no idea what all these weird japanese games even are.
Time to step outside and read other threads:D

For starter:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I wish we'd get another Kojima ruse but with MGS6 not some horror game

:disappointed-face:

But hey if this SH thing is true and the beef between Konami/Kojima is possibly squashed then maybe in the future an MGS6 is possible.

Most likely its all just a marketing stunt and devs are taking advantage of it all.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

SMT series have always been about literally punching God/YHWH in the face.
Also it involves making ritualistic pacts with biblical demons and devils using a laptop.
Also it predates pokemon.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Yeah I know, I'm talking about the Dawn of Souls versions that have been on mobile for 10 years now
These may not be the Dawn of Souls versions, but I guess it's better than nothing?
Personally I'm just glad that we're getting new versions of FF5 and 6, since the current ones are awful...

They still don't got any of the early Dragon Quest games, which actually hold up.
I'm hoping that the new DQ3 remake will come to Steam and that more of those will happen in the future...

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019

That's why it's best to be in both worlds. SMT is my favorite gaming series, can't imagine gaming without it.
Fortunately things are starting to turn around, let's see what other entries come to steam besides Nocturne.

MaskedCircle

"Let's Positive Thinking"
May 28, 2021
That's why it's best to be in both worlds. SMT is my favorite gaming series, can't imagine gaming without it.
Fortunately things are starting to turn around, let's see what other entries come to steam besides Nocturne.
same, I'm really glad atlus is finally seeing our platform as a market, have played most of the game from the franchise but through emulation, will gladly pay

Gaming exclusively on PC as long as I can remember but hey, emulation exist.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Oh I had a very specific question I nearly forgot and it was about emulation :blobeyes:

Are CRT filters changing with resolution ? I suppose ?
Because ever since I got my 1440p monitor my black bars are not so thick ! Is it in my mind ? Am I going blind ?

I use CRT easymode, is it fit for 1440p ? Are there better ones at this res ?
Hmm... thinking about it some more I mostly noticed that on PCSX2 which has its own in-built CRT shader. Maybe I'm spouting nonsense and its just a shitty one.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Different CRT filters work differently, but the overall impression of the image shouldn't change substantially with resolution. Ultimately, good CRT shaders should get better and better with higher resolution (and higher contrast ratio), since it allows them to get closer and closer to perfectly reproducing a CRT-like image.

Status
Not open for further replies.