Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Etrian Odyssey under Desmume/Citra. :smart-thinking-blob:
Jesussss, this is another can of neurotic worms entirely. Having only played the original I really wouldn’t know where to begin, in plot or freeform mode etc. That being said and while it may irritate the purists, port the damn series on modern hardware Atlus, touch functionnalities are good but not that essential.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Wait, what is a DRPG?
Dungeon RPG, also known as blobbers or, if you are a degenerate, dungeon crawlers*.

*which I guess is not that bad a name but I got annoyed by the crawler or bust people on the Internet. And I’m old, I clearly remember the time when we affixed letters to ‘RPG’
JRPG, CRPG, SRPG/TRPG, ARPG, good shit.

Last edited:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Jesussss, this is another can of neurotic worms entirely. Having only played the original I really wouldn’t know where to begin,
Simple, go by release order
EO1 Desmume
EO2 Desmume
EO3 Desmume
EO4 Citra
EO1R Story Mode Citra
EO2R Story Mode Citra
Persona Q Citra
EO5 Citra
Persona Q2 Citra
EO Nexus Citra
By the time you finish all of them, Atlus maybe will manage to releas any of them on a non-dead platform.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
An update on my permanent suspension: I've been in contact with Steam Support and they haven't been much help in terms of explaining what rule was violated, but they have informed me of the post which led to the ban and it's this post from June 14th:

Edit: The comment is now deleted but the discussion took place here:

I've been going through the rules and guidelines and I can't understand what rule I'm breaking. It's a link to the Steam client itself - are they taking issue with that or just because it isn't a hyperlink (which means their automatic filter can't verify it)?

I'll have to extend my inquiry but it takes them a week to come back with a response.

Anyway, a heads up to anyone engaging with the Steam Community - be wary of posting any links to the Steam client.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
An update on my permanent suspension: I've been in contact with Steam Support and they haven't been much help, but they have informed me of which post of mine violated their rules and it's this post from June 14th:

I've been going through the rules and guidelines and I can't understand what rule I'm breaking. It's a link to the Steam client itself - are they taking issue with that or just because it isn't a hyperlink (which means it's not something their automatic isn't picking up)?

I'll have to extend my inquiry but it takes them a week to come back with a response.

Anyway, as a heads up to anyone engaging with the Steam Community - be wary of posting any links to the Steam client.
Wow, that definitely seems like a mistake. No idea why you’d get banned for “spamming” that.

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
my decision to drop the series at Y4 is continuing to pay dividends I see =/
I mean don't get me wrong, the game is still really good. It's very funny, the cities are super detailed and thus very cool to explore, and the side-stuff is pretty imaginative. It's just that the pacing is all over the place. There's a limit to how many parallels plots you can introduce before your narrative thread starts losing steam. And it's exhausting to pretty much start over with a new character with a new set of mechanics every time you begin a part.

This could have easily been two full games. I'm still having a good time but it's way over-ambitious.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I mean don't get me wrong, the game is still really good. It's very funny, the cities are super detailed and thus very cool to explore, and the side-stuff is pretty imaginative. It's just that the pacing is all over the place. There's a limit to how many parallels plots you can introduce before your narrative thread starts losing steam. And it's exhausting to pretty much start over with a new character with a new set of mechanics every time you begin a part.

This could have easily been two full games. I'm still having a good time but it's way over-ambitious.
yeah this sounds very similar to my issues with 4 :(

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and pinson

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Anyway, a heads up to anyone engaging with the Steam Community - be wary of posting any links to the Steam client.
I find this stuff really disturbing, and I avoid all Steam Community functionality like a curse for this very reason. I once had a screenshot removed of a game by the dev of a game and the warning was scary enough (It was a Korean dev, I wrote an English comment) - I removed my positive review of the game all my screenshots etc.

It sucks that such integral functionality is tied to accounts which in turn can be manipulated by individual moderators. Why do we have people with nazi flags as icons yet people get permanently banned across all platform functionality by pure mistake?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Narrowing my picks between Stranger of Sword City vanilla and Revisited, though Undernauts price is palatable on GamersGate, 27 something.
Now to understand if Stranger of Sword City Revisited will even run on Deck. Steam lists it as incompatible and it’s so niche that I can’t find feedback on the matter.

Vanilla is compatible and would cost me zero, which is cool too.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
And that's A Plague Tale: Innocence done! Overall, I really liked it. The last 20 minutes or so of the game(the cart scene and the final boss) were super frustrating though. The game is best when it feels like a puzzle, and less so when it expects me to dodge and aim haha

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Picked up Cyberpunk 2077 on sale today. Played almost 2 hours so far, but it does look promising. It works pretty well on my trusty GTX 1060 and I have only encountered a single bug in which NPC did a quick t-pose during a fight.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Picked up Cyberpunk 2077 on sale today. Played almost 2 hours so far, but it does look promising. It works pretty well on my trusty GTX 1060 and I have only encountered a single bug in which NPC did a quick t-pose during a fight.
I had a lot of fun with Cyberpunk, and I played it at launch! It was pretty buggy at times, but I found hacking and sneaking around to be very entertaining.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Tried to get into SEGA FM
but it is just awful training simulator for the most part.

I like managing financials, the stadium, the grounds, transfers, budget, etc. But Sega FM is mostly training and gameplay, my least favorite thing in a football manager.

This isn't really a football MANAGER, more like 90% Football TRAINER

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
HEY EVERYONE!!!

it's that time again :) jump in for more Neon White!

We didn't quite finish up Neon White last stream so we'll start things off with a little of that and then move on to our usual Sunday bounce around nonsense. I've got a few games in mind that we'll check out and maybe a couple more surprise games if we have time. Should be starting in about 10 minutes!

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Tried to get into SEGA FM
but it is just awful training simulator for the most part.

I like managing financials, the stadium, the grounds, transfers, budget, etc. But Sega FM is mostly training and gameplay, my least favorite thing in a football manager.

This isn't really a football MANAGER, more like 90% Football TRAINER
You can delegate anything you don't want to bother with to the staff, I never do any training regimes. You can even delegate the matches themselves.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
You can delegate anything you don't want to bother with to the staff, I never do any training regimes. You can even delegate the matches themselves.
But can you manage transfer budgets (not just buying or selling players), buy/build a stadium, manage sponsors, build infrastructure, etc.?

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
That's one of the games I intend to check out now that I upgraded my PC, can't afford it right now though. This month has been crazy with expenses and my wife still hasn't received her wage for May.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com

so finally Shiki Ryougi will be added to the roster?

Is the only character I need!!!

I just want to replay Orta and there are videos online showing it in great quality but every time I've tried the emulator(s) there are pretty big graphical glitches😿
Just uploaded few seconds from my Orta gameplay if you want to take a look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.