Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
And caught up on the other 2 reveals from last night.

Resident Evil 4, great that it's getting a remake. Like the remake treatment the resi games are getting. Although I hope this is more the full blown game that Resi 2 remake felt like and not the more expansion pack remake of 3. I really hope they do Code Veronica. If there is a game that could do with this remake treatment it would be CV. I was a fan of CV when it released back on the Dreamcast but never played it since.

Streetfighter VI. I am crap at fighting games and while I think I could learn to play them to a none embarrasing standard I am getting old and my reflexes aren't what they used to be and what they used to be wasn't great to start with. However give me a decent or interesting story mode and I am in. This looking like it has a free-roaming 3D city for story mode looks great to me. Also liking the models now I see them outside of that initial reveal. Plus the costumes look great. Not feeling the 2 new characters in the trailer, especially as there are far more interesting newcomers in the character leaks.

So those two are looking like conditional day ones to me.

That condition is if you insist on using DRM in your games, and I wish you wouldn't, then DON'T FUCK THEM UP LIKE YOU DID IN THE VILLAGE.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Obligatory:-

GIVE ME GRAVITY RUSH 1 & 2.
Sadly, I think Sony right now is putting 100% of its resources to big blockbuster games that sold well on Playstation. So all those cult classics in its back catalog that sold poorly are probably not getting any focus right now. Would be my guess anyway.
Maybe once they have a steady pipeline of big titles coming to PC, they will also put some resources on getting old titles published on PC to get some money that way too.

Of course, maybe Sony just isn't thinking about older titles at all and doesn't see any sales potential there. It's a pretty normal mind set in the console world that you only look at the new and shiny things and let older titles and platforms be forgotten.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
FF XVI was kind of whatever. Summons are great, but I'll disable those animations at the earliest opportunity because they'll take too long. :flare_lmao:
That looked more like the Summons are fighting game fights tbh, rather than just attack animations.

"For now, we can reveal that Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered will launch on PC on August 12, 2022 while Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales will launch on PC in Fall 2022. "
Legit don't get why they would stagger the release of the DLC

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
GIVE ME GRAVITY RUSH 1 & 2.
About this:

“Toyama also confirmed that he would like to see the first two Gravity Rush games on PC, given thatSony is now committed to releasing PC ports of a number of its PlayStation titles.

“I think it would be a good thing to open the game up to more users,” he said. “It would also be wonderful if Gravity Rush 2 ran in 60fps.””

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Since Spider-Man was such a surprise I think now anything can happen with Sony now. It wasn't part of the Nvidia leaks iirc.

Nixxes could do several different things next.

I guess Sackboy and Returnal will be the 2023 titles along with Tsushima which was in the leaks. And then another title as a Nixxes surprise.

I would just love to see a path where Demon Souls and Bloodborne make it to PC. Just sneak those in however you can Sony. pls.

Reactions: Tomasety and Shahem

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Sadly, I think Sony right now is putting 100% of its resources to big blockbuster games that sold well on Playstation. So all those cult classics in its back catalog that sold poorly are probably not getting any focus right now. Would be my guess anyway.
Maybe once they have a steady pipeline of big titles coming to PC, they will also put some resources on getting old titles published on PC to get some money that way too.

Of course, maybe Sony just isn't thinking about older titles at all and doesn't see any sales potential there. It's a pretty normal mind set in the console world that you only look at the new and shiny things and let older titles and platforms be forgotten.
Oh I understand all that, hell I am waiting for Ratchet & Clank, Sack Boy and Returnal. But it won't stop me from shouting for it from the top of my lungs.

I know why the focus is on the PS4/PS5 era. I understand why they are the focus. These are the big names and these are the games that will bring in the 300m from PC gamers. With all the best will in the world Gravity Rush may do better on PC, but I couldn't see it being by much. But these are the games I still have a preference for. I used to love the more quirky side of Sony where we would get The Gregory Horror Show, Ape Escape, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank and Tokyo Jungle.

I will also say this isn't exclusive to Sony either. I would kill for some of the Saturn Era games from Sega. The fact that Burning Rangers is locked away on that particular system is such a shame.

I think, realistacly, I might be better just looking at emulation instead of hoping for releases that are probably furthest away from what those publishers want to release.

Still won't stop my usual shout for Gravity Rush whenever Sony releases get mentioned.

About this:

“Toyama also confirmed that he would like to see the first two Gravity Rush games on PC, given thatSony is now committed to releasing PC ports of a number of its PlayStation titles.

“I think it would be a good thing to open the game up to more users,” he said. “It would also be wonderful if Gravity Rush 2 ran in 60fps.””
I will take the slimest of chances.

Reason: So that the responses better suited the quotes, especially @LRB1983

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
isn't that bethesda stuff?

About this:

Keiichiro Toyama also left Sony in dec 2020, i don't think he can do anything about GR games on pc

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Oh, really?
I guess that makes a lot more sense then
Spiderman did have three dlc's though which add up to about 6 hours of content. These are included of course in the PC release.
Then Miles is a new game, don't think it was as long as original, but it is quality.

I'm wondering how much Spiderman will sell though, I have seen insane numbers thrown around on forums, which I think is insanely unrealistic and hope Sony doesn't expect that. If it does 3 million (spiderman not Miles as well) then i am sure Sony would be happy.

• Eyes

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
Another example of why claiming that something would "never" happen is always dumb.
Basically no one had Spiderman PC on the rumor mill, this was so out of left field.
Not recently, but it's been rumored at some point that feels like ages ago. An exact schedule for Sony's PC plan is a whole other topic tho, and I doubt anyone except for company's higher-ups really knows anything about it at this point. Those ports would be announced sooner or later, that's all that matters.
Could be. both can be shortened to BNET.
Games with Bethesda net are already on Steam, and they are also getting rid of the launcher entirely, so idk about this one.

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
It's possibly about the migration of games owned on the Bethesda.net launcher onto Steam, this "app" was created on April 20th, and the migration process started on April 27th.
Yeah, that makes sense, since it's on steamdb my first thought it was specifically for launcher thing but if it's just a config then you are probably right. One way or another I'm just glad that Bethesda's launcher is gone, one of the worst piece of shit software I was forced to ever use.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I feel kind of done with PS5.

I'd sell it now were it not for Persona 5 Royal (and the prospect of P6 being exclusive) and Judgment.

At this point I'm even considering waiting for FFXVI on PC rather than playing it on PS5, even though I have the console.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I think its probably more about the unwanted breast-touching that he does with his tentacle-arm ... – thats off-putting, not the hand-holding...
There's no breast touching.

Stray looks like a good time if you're into stealth games.

• Eyes

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm not interested in the Spiderman games, but on a meta-level I find the whole thing very entertaining.

It seems like every time Playstation superfans come up with a new reasoning on why specific games will never or not in some specified timeframe get released on PC, there's an announcement a few months later of exactly that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.