Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way a certain Eroge game released on Steam on June 2 2022.

I heard that they were going to release it on Steam and it looks like they did. It is censored and stuff but there are also patches and stuff

Like some one also has already mentioned it is a global top seller and in the top 15 right now.

Illusion must be happy about being able to sell Eroge Internationally.

The main take away from this is that sex sells, that's pretty much it.

Reactions: Tomasety

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
What has society done to evolve into this state?
Evolve into this? NEC PC-98 was the paradise of eroges/nukiges so great Valve did this move and let +18 titles to be released on their platform. Even with this movement is still quite unclear with TOS and still ban some titles without any sense.
Evenicle 2 has demo on Steam but full title was banned and publisher had to release the game on well-known hentai sites. Duel Princess was banned too without explanation letting some other alike games being on the platform.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Guess whos smart watch died year and a half later? And guess why it probably died? It probably got water damage from swimming, but guess what

So yeah f-you Samsung.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
with Norman confirming death stranding 2, do you know what i REALLY fucking want from it?

new areas to deliver, but not only america, we're talking fucking INTERNATIONAL

imagine delivering packages on the large fjords of Norway, the abandoned and near decrepit high-rises of Tokyo, the various forests of Mid-Europe, all of that stuff

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
with Norman confirming death stranding 2, do you know what i REALLY fucking want from it?

new areas to deliver, but not only america, we're talking fucking INTERNATIONAL

imagine delivering packages on the large fjords of Norway, the abandoned and near decrepit high-rises of Tokyo, the various forests of Mid-Europe, all of that stuff
I kinda want Kojima to go absolutely insane with it. As the whole game was basically you playing delivery person, maybe the second game could be about how Amazon is dealing with increased unionisation from its workers. You are now fighting against the new President established at the end of the game, because you want porters to have better living standards, and somehow you end up fight giant monsters as part of that.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I admit I still haven't played Death Stranding so with that I can't say much on it really, but even after all this time and everything I've seen and read of it, it still makes me think it's all some mad case of Stockholm Syndrome =/

• Eyes

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
I admit I still haven't played Death Stranding so with that I can't say much on it really, but even after all this time and everything I've seen and read of it, it still makes me think it's all some mad case of Stockholm Syndrome =/
It's not. All the Kojima-isms are as terrible as they've ever been but the gameplay itself is pretty satisfying.

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: C-Dub and Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The best thing about Far Cry 6 will be seeing the start of the credits.

Yes, I know I can quit, but I just wanna be done with it, that's all.

Im never buying a Far Cry game until Ubi drastically changes the game. Far Cry has become such a mindless, boring game. The best is still FC3 imo.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The best thing about Far Cry 6 will be seeing the start of the credits.

Yes, I know I can quit, but I just wanna be done with it, that's all.

Im never buying a Far Cry game until Ubi drastically changes the game. Far Cry has become such a mindless, boring game. The best is still FC3 imo.
Have you by chance played Far Cry 1. I played it years after beating Far Cry 3 and while I didn't finish Far Cry 1 it sure was an experience that I was not expecting.

By the way I'm guessing that Far Cry sell okay and not amazing. So are we looking at a single Far Cry gaming selling between 5-7 million units in it's lifetime?

• Eyes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Have you by chance played Far Cry 1. I played it years after beating Far Cry 3 and while I didn't finish Far Cry 1 it sure was an experience that I was not expecting.

By the way I'm guessing that Far Cry sell okay and not amazing. So are we looking at a single Far Cry gaming selling between 5-7 million units in it's lifetime?
Played them all except for Instincts Predator or at least I don't remember playing that.

• Eyes

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Sega should just hire this developer and give them the Sonic franchise. A simple game about being fast, and running across a track.
Other than that developer, there's also Evening Star, Christian Whitehead's studio (one of the main devs of Sonic Mania), which is now creating their own original 3D platformer (though no footage yet):

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Aww shit, the PC Gaming Show and MS/Bethesda thing aren't until next week-end? Oh well, that gives me an entire extra week to set myself up for disappointment. So what are we expecting?

I call Persona 5 Royal shadow drop at the PC Gaming Show and Gears of War: Marcus Fenix Collection from MS. Those are my completely realistic expectations and anything short of them will ruin my day.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The Keighley show on Thursday should have some surprises. Last year he ended the show with Elden Ring gameplay trailer so he has to have something good this year.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I expect absolutely nothing from the PC Gaming Show
Apart from the occasional Atlus and Yakuza drop it’s always been an utter snore fest
That was only after a certain sponsor made it their own showcase. the talk show years and the first couple after that were great.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Yup, i stopped watching the E3 stuff a while ago and just catch headlines when i refresh the browser next day or read it here on MC. If I don't have any expectations or hype I can't be let down, but at least I can be pleasantly surprised if something cool does happen.

I did used to get hyped for Square-Enix stuff, given I'm such a big SE fanboy but nowadays that is hard too. The PC strategy is erratic and confusing, sometimes buggy shitfest and always a gamble if EGS exclusive or not. 😕

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
So Ive been playing through Souldiers today.

Just a PSA for anybody considering it, this game is hard. Not just regular, garden variety hard, it just might be one of the most punishing games I've played in a very long time. I consider myself very good at these platformers/metroidvania type games, and some of the shit Souldiers has thrown at me is really making me evaluate whether seeing it through is worth the sheer aggravation.

Only the truly persistent need apply!

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
Aww shit, the PC Gaming Show and MS/Bethesda thing aren't until next week-end? Oh well, that gives me an entire extra week to set myself up for disappointment. So what are we expecting?

I call Persona 5 Royal shadow drop at the PC Gaming Show and Gears of War: Marcus Fenix Collection from MS. Those are my completely realistic expectations and anything short of them will ruin my day.
I just want fable 2 on PC from MS, is that to much to ask for :disappointed-face:
At-least emulation is getting a bit better.

• Eyes

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Now I just hope that gaming shows have funny sponsors, when it was Doritos and Mt Dew it was more fun than repeating 30 times the same spiel about the latest publisher with too much money to spend...

The PC Gaming show always has some interesting indies shown though.

• Eyes

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Hatchwell finished!

It was such lovely game d__adee

Are the Spark games any good? Yeah, that DOES look like what a 3D Sonic should be, but here we are.
They are good games just a bit janky. The first one is a classic 2D platform inspired by Sonic and a bit of Kirby as you can get different abilities, the second game transitioned to 3D and the next entry seems to refine even more it's formula. The developer also did some Sonic fan games like Sonic Chrono Adventure and Sonic Before the Sequel

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Madden 23 on PC won’t have the same experience as those on the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 (PS5).
Doesn't EA usually move the PC version to next gen by now?

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

It’s not a new Unreal game, but its fellow Epic shooter series Gears of War may get a Halo-style collection. Could it be announced at Summer Game Fest next week?
---

On one hand it seems there's a chance for another remake on the horizon, Unreal this time, but we all know where it would land.
On the other hand the article suggest something more interesting that I believed it's something many people want to see it happen.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
On one hand it seems there's a chance for another remake on the horizon, Unreal this time, but we all know where it would land.
I've replayed Unreal last year with a bunch of mods adding HD textures, widescreen support, new character models, gameplay improvements and much more. That was a great experience for me, I really don't need an official remaster.

• Eyes

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I expect absolutely nothing from the PC Gaming Show
Apart from the occasional Atlus and Yakuza drop it’s always been an utter snore fest
You're not... wrong. I usually enjoy it enough but it goes on way too long and I almost always start losing interest halfway through. Usually because they're spending an inordinate amount of time on something I don't give a shit about. Like, sure, Total Warhammer is cool but this E3 show really isn't the time to do a deep dive into this one particular system it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.