Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I'm not interested in the Spiderman games, but on a meta-level I find the whole thing very entertaining.

It seems like every time Playstation superfans come up with a new reasoning on why specific games will never or not in some specified timeframe get released on PC, there's an announcement a few months later of exactly that happening.
The current "defense" seems to be that all those games are just to bait PC gamers to buy a PS5 to get the sequels. So I guess the only barrier left is day and date releases between PC and Playstation.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
The PS blog about the Spider Man release said that Miles Morales is also coming to PC later this year but they only gave a vague Fall 2022 timeframe.

Sad we'll have to pay separately for both but I guess that's how they've always been sold.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
PC Gaming Show is that sponsored show where we will have to wait one year after EGS exclusive announcements… not too appealing…
Every year is like what Timmy has moneyhat this time?
The first year after EGS launched was pretty rotten with that stuff, but I think I recall the last year (and possibly the year before) being pretty light of EGS crap.
Time will tell.
Or...

:timinator: will tell.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Spider-Man being announced out of nowhere makes me wanna hope that Returnal and Ghost of Tsushima are both coming sooner rather than later but with Uncharted 4 still not having a firm date and August not being that far off, I don't think that's entirely realistic.

But surely there has to be at least one more after both Spider-Man games, right? Spider-Man alone couldn't possibly account for that projected growth in revenue?

• Eyes
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
I'm not interested in the Spiderman games, but on a meta-level I find the whole thing very entertaining.

It seems like every time Playstation superfans come up with a new reasoning on why specific games will never or not in some specified timeframe get released on PC, there's an announcement a few months later of exactly that happening.
I've long since come to terms that Sony's brand of "AAA Game: The Game" simply isn't for me. (Though Death Stranding was a nice AA experience wrapped in AAA production.)

All good either way. I can still be happy for PC folks getting to take Sony tentpole releases for a spin while at the same time knowing I'll always be a sideline spectator.

Now if they ever bring Hot Shots over, then we can talk business.

EDIT:

And yes, the popcorn-factor of seeing the Sony-faithful meltdowns over these ports will never stop being entertaining.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Spider-Man looks like it'd be right up my alley.
Sony's already kinda won not-E3 for me, with that and all the Capcom game info. Almost everything at their show was coming to PC and looked fun!

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I am still hoping more for out of left field Sony ports like Gravity Rush, Tokyo Jungle, Freedom Wars, or Wipeout

I am not big into superhero stuff, but that said, I am glad Miles Morales is coming, if either of the games appealed to me, that one is much higher on my list.
Oh god, Freedom Wars. Thanks for reminding that Vita exists. :fingergunsblob:
I actually have like a whole box of Vita games, maybe ~150 in total from years and years ago before I got big into PC.
Y'all remember Soul Sacrifice and Unit 13? Even the Vita Killzone was pretty good now that I think about it...
Shoutout to IA/VT colorful and Shinobido 2 also. :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

.... And shit, remembering Shinobido 2 reminds me that the Tenchu franchise is still dead. ;_;

PHIL SPENCER PUT TENCHU Z ON STEAM!!

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Is there a smart way to play GamePass games via steam to use a DS4 controller?
Adding it as a non-steam app doesn't work

• Eyes

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
Sony are doing a fine job of navigating around every game I'd actually play so far but it's cool for those who are into what they are bringing. I'm happy for any new ports as I always have the impossible dream of literally every game ever being available in some form on an open platform.

And yes indeed the meta explanations from those who have obviously put all thier identity into feeling special about having exclusives from thier favourite corporation has indeed been the most entertaining part of this so far.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Trying really hard to discern between all the fucking Klei bundles and why the survival bundle is more pricey than the best of bundle, while containing less.
Oh it's just the discount, carry on.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I think it's pretty clear at this point that sony has no interest in porting pre-PS4 games to PC, even games that were remastered for PS4, otherwise we'd have seen Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 before 4. Hoping for Vita games is just going out of your way to be disappointed.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands

The only reason Sony is doing this is to entice PC players into buying a PS5.
/S Although it's super funny that certain fanboys think this way.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I think it's pretty clear at this point that sony has no interest in porting pre-PS4 games to PC, even games that were remastered for PS4, otherwise we'd have seen Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 before 4. Hoping for Vita games is just going out of your way to be disappointed.
If Sony of all companies works out how to port Cell architecture games to x64 that will truly be a marvel.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Sonic Frontiers combat gameplay... I don't like what I'm seeing, at all...

God this looks bad. I can see some glimpses of potentially half-way decent stuff in there, but the way they're showing this off is not doing them any favors at all.
Why is the player repeadedly failing to attack an armored enemy? Why is the player unable to do a simple jump up the big boss-ish enemies feet to the point they freaking cut the footage? Why does Sonic faceplant if you correctly damage the big enemy? Why is this the best footage Sega has?

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
ReCore last dungeon is most frustrating section of any game i have ever played. And it is not because it's hard, it is because it's buggy piece of sh*t that has almost no thought put into combat encounter design and developers just decided to throw everything at you (even random ass radiation with 3 gorillas and 2 wolf enemies with occasional flying enemy in the area where we all barely fit) . And even that wouldn't be an issue but poor aim design where you snap to enemies and you are never aiming at the one you want, especially if there are any flying enemies around makes it awful experience. And on top of that you encounter game breaking bugs that make you repeat either section of the level or entire level because game either crashes, spawns you outside combat area or you can't get rid of stun locks no matter how hard you mash A on the gamepad while game is screaming at you to mash A button.

Sad part is that i enjoyed playing game up to this point but all of these issues that are nowhere to be seen before last dungeon just make me think twice if i even want to finish damn game.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

...why is this a sonic game? It looks like it has the makings of an interesting open world.... but it doesn't look like it fits with a goofy blue hedgehog at all.
Basically Sonic slapped into BotW, but with little change to suit the world or games of sonic.

Sometimes I really dislike Devolver's 'sorry you're offended' attitude to marketing, but their actual ideas (the whole even t is the countdown - Suda51 hosting) always seem intriguing and pretty savvy from an actual marketing perspective. Sad that Nina has been shelved (except for the actresses appearance in that clip), but intrigued as always by what theyll have on display

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
God this looks bad. I can see some glimpses of potentially half-way decent stuff in there, but the way they're showing this off is not doing them any favors at all.
Why is the player repeadedly failing to attack an armored enemy? Why is the player unable to do a simple jump up the big boss-ish enemies feet to the point they freaking cut the footage? Why does Sonic faceplant if you correctly damage the big enemy? Why is this the best footage Sega has?
Even ignoring the way the player was playing, to me it's looking like they gave Sonic the "combat" mechanics of Shadow from Sonic 06 of all games, mixed with the general controls of Sonic from Sonic Forces, haphazardly thrown into an open world.

• Eyes

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
unfortunately Private Division publishing, so regional pricing will be:

I’m in the US so that doesn’t affect me, but it really sucks for overseas gamers :/
Maybe I'm not remembering the pas PC Gaming Show well, but I think the one in the past year did not have a lot of EGS exclusives.
we might see more Epic Publishing announcements, but I'm not expecting to see too many moneyhatted EGS exclusivity announcements this year, or going forward in general. We know from leaked internal documents during the Apple/Epic trial that Epic has significantly cut back on the latter since 2020.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Everyone is talking about the gameplay but the most bizarre thing to me is the music. Keep playing that slow overworld music during combat is a jarring choice, and the sound design when hitting the enemy is so bad it's like making by some amateurs. How can Sega screw up like this? This game needs to delay for 2 more years.

Reactions: Tomasety and C-Dub
Status
Not open for further replies.