Community MetaSteam | June 2023 - halfway through the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I got disconnected from Diablo 4 near the end of a goddamn boss fight.
This sucks ass when it happens because it resets you to way earlier in the dungeon (at least it did for me) rather than if you just die it might let you redo the boss pretty quickly.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
Ok can someone tell me what I need to buy to play Hitman 2 complete? And does Hitman 3 ever go on sale?

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Ok can someone tell me what I need to buy to play Hitman 2 complete? And does Hitman 3 ever go on sale?
The game was retired. This was the original Steam page but 1&2 or their dlcs are no longer sold officially. I checked Humble but I couldn't find it there but maybe some other site still has a key left
Hitman 3 is the only one left and yeah it doesn't seem IOI wants my money even after all this time

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
There is only one package to buy now

Hitman 3 now contains everything from Hitman 2016 and 2. At least the base game content. Then there are dlcs packages which adds the DLC levels from Hitman 2 and Seven Deadly Sins Collection from Hitman 3

Just buy Hitman 3 aka World of Assassination. Hitman 3 does go on sale, but for some reason it's not part of the Summer sale

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Someone wants to bat for this one?

I have it ignored but I love the Developer other games and can't remember why I ignored it.
If by "bat" you mean "bat it away", I will. It's just not a good game unfortunately. Almost 2 years of patching and tweaks have gotten it almost to a point where it's just a buggier, worse version of Endless Legend + Civ hybrid, as long as you don't buy the DLC (which ACTIVELY makes it even worse). There are still things that were in release version they've disabled because they couldn't fix it (like pollution).

I still play Endless Legend, Endless Space 2, and Civ 6 and despite having less than 50 hours in Humankind (including the 2 runs I did in the closed beta for that awful DLC) I have no interest in touching it until they massively overhaul it. It's a 4x where every choice is largely meaningless, the game is filled with repetitive events that always have a clearly best option, a bunch of systems that ultimately take up UI and game space that mean nothing (civics), and city planning is just build whatever you need where you can fit it because otherwise you will implode, up until the point you suddenly make more than enough of everything and can just spam science/manufacturing. The balance of the game is just completely out of whack and that's just playing it solo, I can't imagine multiplayer is fun at all.

They basically forgot all the things that made their other 4x great and just made a worse Civ that looks more complicated but is ultimately more shallow.

Edit: Just for emphasis, TWO YEARS of updating it and it has never risen above "mixed" on Steam, whereas all their other 4x were well above that. The latest DLC that had a month+ long closed beta of their community players giving feedback has even WORSE ratings and that's only gonna be bought by people trying to get the most out of the game.

Reactions: Aaron D.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Black Flag was a very fun game. But I don't see Ubi actually full on remaking it. Probably just a new enhanced re-release for modern platforms and some graphical improvements.

What's wrong wtih that edition of the game?
Reading through the Steam reviews it seems like the performance has improved with patches. So its much better state now than at release.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Damn there's a total conversion mod for Stellaris that turns it into Star Trek? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Gib
Reactions: lashman

FunnyJay