Community MetaSteam | June 2023 - halfway through the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Looks like I was grandfathered into PS Premium. I'm paying $60 for a year, which is 50% off what Sony is asking for the service. I even checked how much they are going to charge me next year and it also says $60.

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
65k in game for SF6. I wonder what's the record for a fighting game.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Today I play Street Fighter 6 and finish Boltgun. Plus the minimum in Honkai Star Rail. And P5R if I find the time.
Them I will remember Xenoblade 2 and stress about how little I played it recently.
Then there is Chaos in the drop vortex.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
You can't make this shit up.

• Diablo 4 on Playstation has licensing issues, PS gamers cant log into the game
  • a "workaround" is to purchase 2$ coins on the PlayStation store
  • for some it works, for some it didn't, instead of waiting, PS users then tried if it works with purchasing 10$ of coins....

what the hell is wrong with those people.
(and with blizzard, of course)

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
You can't make this shit up.

• Diablo 4 on Playstation has licensing issues, PS gamers cant log into the game
  • a "workaround" is to purchase 2$ coins on the PlayStation store
  • for some it works, for some it didn't, instead of waiting, PS users then tried if it works with purchasing 10$ of coins....

what the hell is wrong with those people.
(and with blizzard, of course)
I bet this have something to do with early access. Realease date is officially 5th june. There’s a lot of publishers have issues with license dealing on PlayStation platform, Free PS4toPS5 upgrade, Season/Character passes license are a joke. It’s common when a character, item etc… included on that game pass is released console ask to pay again for it the first days or hours until sony or that publisher solve the issue.
I tried to make PlayStation notice this (on mail or sns) but always are PlayStation fans saying you’re lying, or you’re some other console fan.
There’s no big tittle is not a shit license show. Puzzles me, but I don’t know why this isn’t solved, happens with many games/publishers since day one on PS5.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Putting money on Capcom's anti-debugging checks striking again. I refunded Resident Evil 8 back when it launched because of the stuttering that was far worse than the demo versions. IIRC, RE Framework also patches a lot of those checks out. But people will still find a way to blame Denuvo on the performance problems, even if a majority of the claims people have made ended up being psuedo-science.

But I digress, Capcom will probably fix it quickly knowing them, just that in a game like Street Fighter, which relies on 60FPS timings to behave with the correct speed, it will probably cause some problems with online multiplayer.

For those wondering about the state of the Etrian Odyssey Steam releases, looks like these ports are really solid from my time investigating. The framelimiter is broken on Proton currently, but the game still seemingly behaves with the correct game speed above 150FPS (It's official maximum option). Getting around 250-270FPS on my laptop setup (Ryzen 9 6900HX and RX 6800M XT on a 1080p 360Hz display) at 1080p with 4X MSAA. Still need to check how the game behaves on my desktop setup (With a 3440x1440 ultrawide display), but I'm pleasantly surprised by this release going a bit above my expectations.

Has really solid Keyboard and Mouse controls, support for Xbox/PS4/PS5/Switch button prompts (alongside an automatic option), and it seemingly uses Unity as a base (Like a few other rereleases have done before, like the recent Doom ports, Katamari Reroll, and Nocturne HD). I see IL2CPP getting in the way of any significant gameplay mods (for example: modding in the content from the Untold games), but what's here is really well polished, and is better than a majority of first-person dungeon crawler ports on Steam. The downside is the pricing ($40 for each game, or $80 for all of them, with limited time DLC characters).
On cdkeys the collection is 66€, so it's like 20€-ish per title: ETRIAN ODYSSEY ORIGINS COLLECTION PC (Europe & UK)

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Was the Alone in the Dark prologue interesting ? Too lazy to download 20go to play a shitty prologue with a kid, if it's bad.
Not to be cynical, it's just that when I think Alone in the Dark I think Lovecraftian mystery, not child terror. Feels off topic.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Was the Alone in the Dark prologue interesting ? Too lazy to download 20go to play a shitty prologue with a kid, if it's bad.
Not to be cynical, it's just that when I think Alone in the Dark I think Lovecraftian mystery, not child terror. Feels off topic.
children ARE lovecraftian terrors

• Toucan
Reactions: C-Dub and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Boltgun finished.

Warhammer 40,000 Boltgun is a good game. A very good game, professionally made, solid.
That being said, it ultimately lacks that little magic touch to make it a must play.

For the cons ? Uh, environment variety is weak for one. Level design is weak, maze like to the point where you go this way not because you want, but because 'hey, might as well'. And obviously like seemingly every FPS since Doom 2016 you will have to eat your fill of arenas. I heard you liked arenas ? Have some arena ! And yeah, free arenas on top.
The game also has some very fanservicey bosses, but ultimately they are few and reused ad-nauseam.

Plot is mediocre but hey, not the end of the world.

A final mention about the difficulty level, VERY uneven. The game need some balancing, with a very low difficulty most of the time, then HARSH spikes during most arenas and bosses.

If you like the genre, go for it, it's a good time. Just not as good as it could have been with some balancing and a better level design.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Boltgun finished.

Warhammer 40,000 Boltgun is a good game. A very good game, professionally made, solid.
That being said, it ultimately lacks that little magic touch to make it a must play.

For the cons ? Uh, environment variety is weak for one. Level design is weak, maze like to the point where you go this way not because you want, but because 'hey, might as well'. And obviously like seemingly every FPS since Doom 2016 you will have to eat your fill of arenas. I heard you liked arenas ? Have some arena ! And yeah, free arenas on top.
The game also has some very fanservicey bosses, but ultimately they are few and reused ad-nauseam.

Plot is mediocre but hey, not the end of the world.

A final mention about the difficulty level, VERY uneven. The game need some balancing, with a very low difficulty most of the time, then HARSH spikes during most arenas and bosses.

If you like the genre, go for it, it's a good time. Just not as good as it could have been with some balancing and a better level design.
Yeah, I definitely agree on the difficulty spikes. It’s hitting a point where I may just throw it on easy and finish the game.

Reactions: LEANIJA and Li Kao

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
My girlfriend offered to buy Diablo 4 for me but ultimately I decided against it. Fuck them for not releasing it on Steam.
I'm in the same boat and I'm not even angry.

I just couldn't be bothered with splitting my library between launchers.

I remember getting a free CoD key with some hardware purchase a few years back and I never even bothered as it needed an Activision launcher or some such. I just shrugged and moved on with my day.

I'd likely get D4 if it were on Steam but I've already got too much on my plate as it is, so I'm just not hungry enough to open a Blizz acct.

Ironically the whole EGS debacle from some years past really did have a positive knock-on effect in that it quite literally erased platform exclusivity wars FOMO out of my life.

I started out in Super Rage mode when EGS started securing exclusives. Yet I still refused to budge and as time went on I learned that in spite of missing out on all those Eggsclusives, I still have more titles of interest in the pipeline than time to actually enjoy them. All that pent-up FOMO rage just immediately evaporated.

It was an incredibly freeing experience.

This is well-trodden territory of course, but it is refreshing to remember now and again that Tim Epic actually did some good in my life in helping me legit laugh off FOMO in the gaming sphere.

I'm in the unenviable position of having the game installed but too many other releases ahead in the line.

Loved the demo and insta-grabbed a preorder when they said it secured a free copy of SS2 Remaster upon release.

But now that SS is finally here I just don't have the mental bandwidth or time to take it on!

Soon.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
honestly, just watch a YouTube playthrough, it’s so short that it’s not really worth the download

some decent visuals and atmosphere but the writing feels off, the girl seems oddly unperturbed by the supernatural reality-altering phenomena that she encounters

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
I don't get the bad reviews for SF6, I mean this isn't a mostly negative game. It's pretty similar game as it was V.
I've been playing on desktop but tried it on Deck.
It works very well natively, 720p (this should be 800) on High.
The game asks you if you want to preload shaders before play.
Not controller prompts option (so no PlayStation prompts : ()

no online issues for me.
No input lag with Dual Sense on PC (even I feel it responds faster than it responds on PS5 -I played it on PS5 too-
I still have two of these (Tekken Hybrid Arcade controller) will thy it later with Street Fighter and Steam input if they work)

EDIT:
One more point.
You can use the same name for PS5 and Steam but -expected- they're different accounts so progress is not shared. You couldn't use the same name on SFV.

Last edited:
  • Gib
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I don't get the bad reviews for SF6, I mean this isn't a mostly negative game. It's pretty similar game as it was V.
It had some hiccups during the staggered release but it's mostly fixed now, reviews have already shot back up lol

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Owning PC can sometimes be real pain in the ass. gigabyte issued emergency BIOS update due some vulnerability that security company found. So i went and updated BIOS. Everything went fine, PC booted to Windows. Checked RAM speed, of course BIOS was reverted to default. Go back to BIOS, set everything up (XMP, ReBar, Turning off Multi Core Enhancement...). Save&Exit, PC wont boot. Next boot BIOS offers me to load Optimized defaults, i do that, PC boots, XMP off again. Back to BIOS turn on XMP, PC won't boot again. F-it, i set things manually, This time MB gets stuck on VGA load. Oh for the love of God. Turn off PC, clear CMOS, Remove Battery, turn On PC, same thing stuck on VGA. Turn off PC, unplug GPU, switch to iGPU, plug in DP cable to MB, PC boots. Turn off PC, put back GPU, turn On PC it boots, restart PC, go to BIOS, set everything back including XMP, PC is back to Windows and everything works.

As far as i could see damn MB wouldn't set proper voltage for RAM, it was stuck at default 1.2V but XMP requires up to 1.36V. And because of that i wasted entire hour...

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I've put a new 1TB SSD in my desktop today. It's supposed to do 5000Mb/sec but the benchmark only shows half of that. Is this because my M2 slots are only PCIe3.0 x4 instead of PCIe4.0?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I've put a new 1TB SSD in my desktop today. It's supposed to do 5000Mb/sec but the benchmark only shows half of that. Is this because my M2 slots are only PCIe3.0 x4 instead of PCIe4.0?
Yes

Or check if that port shares bus with another SATA port, my mobo does that.

Reactions: Ge0force

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Yes. 3.0 is limited to ~3.5 GB/s

Reactions: Ge0force
Status
Not open for further replies.