Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Atlus gonna do the Xbox show? P3R with Gamepass would be pretty good. That is probably the only way I mess with it since I beat P3P not that long ago.

But we still need one more SEGA surprise at the PCGamer show. Give us SMTV you cowards.

Also P5T has to be a puzzle game. Maybe Tetris? lol I really don't know what more they can make to milk P5.
I've read P5T is possibly a strategy RPG. It could be something by the Devil Survivor people. I was skimming through the DS credits and most of the devs haven't done much since Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but some of them did work on Shin Megami Tensei V.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I'll get FF XVI because I'm a huge Square-Enix fanboy, and despite everything I actually found things to like in the XIII trilogy, and in FFXV. I've never been as under-hyped for an FF as I am XVI, and that's why I don't mind to wait until it's on PC but... yeah I dunno what goes through SE's heads these days.

The weirdest part of it all to me is that somehow Yoshi-p is the one in charge of it and he's failing so hard... FFXIV is amazing in just about every regard, and they know exactly what keeps us ol' FF fans chomping at the bit for more. They're great at mingling in the older series via references/easter eggs or even straight up basing content off older games. (Like the Crystal Tower raid series = FF3, and Endwalker's massive riffing of FF4.)

... but FFXVI seems to have none of this. The crystals are there and the summons but that's about it... FF9 was inspiried by Western Fantasy too if you listen to the dev interviews, and FF9 is beloved by all. So what has the FFXVI done so wrong... I just dunno.
The game isn't out yet, so it could still be just a case of really poor marketing like with Marvel Guardians.
Or it could be YoshiP and team wanting to try something different, which could end up not working out.

Also worth noting that unlike FF14, where YoshiP is both producer and director, in FF16 he's only producer, while the director is Hiroshi Takai (The Last Remnant director) and the creative director is Kazutoyo Maehiro (A Realm Reborn and Heavensward writer).

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
So, I am interested in FFXVI. But not enough to buy a PS5 at launch. If the gameplay was more “traditional” then I would be buying a ps5 now.

Yoshida has been a steady hand for 14 and a voice of sanity in SE (somebody needs to tell him to STFU over race in his fantasy games though and if you have dragons and moogles then a PoC is not going to break my immersion). And the writer off Heavensward being onboard also has me interested.

however action combat and a single character controlled focus is not what I want.

I have the same problem with FFVII Remake. 2 attempts and I still couldn’t get interested. Just give me a proper remake of VII.
What they've done with 7R (so far) is so much more interesting than just making the same game again with shiny graphics. Unlike 16 which goes too far into action and strips out a lot of depth like party members they created what I think is the best jrpg combat ever.. The big issue it has is it doesn't truly shine until you get a full party of 3 which takes a while to get, like chapter 5 or 6. Also aerial combat is an issue but they had already taken steps to solve that with the Yuffie dlc and I don't expect it to be a problem in Rebirth.

I like turn based genres like srpgs (fire emblem, xcom if you count that too) and crpgs like divinity but I've never understood the love for jrpg turn based combat. In everything I've ever played the solution has been the same- find the enemy elemental weakness and spam it until dead with having 1 character set aside for healing if necessary. Persona, FF, DQ, Pokemon etc it's been that way in all of them. In fact I'm pretty sure that's why so many of them have speed up options because they're so slow and repetitive they end up wasting a lot of the player's time. I truly don't think FF lost anything by moving away from it, I just never wanted full on DMC either. I see that as going from one extreme to the other.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
What they've done with 7R (so far) is so much more interesting than just making the same game again with shiny graphics. Unlike 16 which goes too far into action and strips out a lot of depth like party members they created what I think is the best jrpg combat ever.. The big issue it has is it doesn't truly shine until you get a full party of 3 which takes a while to get, like chapter 5 or 6. Also aerial combat is an issue but they had already taken steps to solve that with the Yuffie dlc and I don't expect it to be a problem in Rebirth.

I like turn based genres like srpgs (fire emblem, xcom if you count that too) and crpgs like divinity but I've never understood the love for jrpg turn based combat. In everything I've ever played the solution has been the same- find the enemy elemental weakness and spam it until dead with having 1 character set aside for healing if necessary. Persona, FF, DQ, Pokemon etc it's been that way in all of them. In fact I'm pretty sure that's why so many of them have speed up options because they're so slow and repetitive they end up wasting a lot of the player's time. I truly don't think FF lost anything by moving away from it, I just never wanted full on DMC either. I see that as going from one extreme to the other.
The love of JRPG turn-based combat is quite visible through the last 4 decades. And without that love, FF15 and 16 would have never seen the light.
And quite strange that you criticize TBC because of weakness spam, when Action combat is either repeatedly smashing some buttons and maybe dodging attacks, while waiting for a QTE prompt for ... a weakness attack.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
As hot as that one piece of fanart that i'm not allowed to post here :SmugKawakami:
Uh ? Curiosity piqued. I did a slight google search but didn't see any thing that couldn't be posted here. Well, sure, posting any JRPG fan art would hurt lashman, but that's part of the charm of it all :coffee-blob:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Anecdotal, but I've been poking around Street Fighter 6 streams. When playing, there is an icon that shows the platform a person is on and noticed a lot of people on PC. While there will be some sample bias as most streamers are using their PC to stream, even a lot of their opponents have the PC badge instead of the crossplay one. I assume the Playstation version of SF6 to be the best seller overall, the PC version might not be as far behind as I would have imagined.

as hot as Maid Kawakami or Swimsuit Kawakami?
Why not Becky with the good hair?

Dec 5, 2018
I assume the Playstation version of SF6 to be the best seller overall, the PC version might not be as far behind as I would have imagined.
While SF is SF, when Strive launched and Strive is a more niche game. When it launched you could see more players on the Pc ranking that on the console ranking. In fact you could calculate (with a slight margin or error) how many people got the PC version, since you got an achievement after your first ranked match. And I once they announced the sales i remember that the game skewed pc.

Sadly I don't think theres a way to calculate that in SF6.

Reactions: Arc

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I've started playing this:

I was already planning on writing a review for it when I complete it and also posting here, but it's so good that I don't want to wait -- 10 hours in now.

To be clear, it's not a perfect game for everyone. But if you enjoy 2D ARPGs and don't mind some old-school game design and a bit of a wind-up phase before it really gets going I absolutely 100% recommend this game.

Also, it's perfect for the Steam Deck and you can get 7+ hours of battery life on it.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hey UPS, we have had something for a minute now, it’s called emails. Forget that you didn’t even care to confirm the Deck pickup, at least tell me it’s effectively in transit. I don’t even dare to ask for a location.
I’m not worried, this was a week end, but come on, I just handed you my 500e piece of hardware. No sweating.
Morons.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Just want to say Capcom has hit it out the park with SF6. World Tour is surprisingly fun. It's great for people who are bad at fighting games (like me!). Some of the side quests which ease you into the fighting game mechanics which like Drive mechanics. A few mates of mine have also bought SF6 after seeing a stream of World Tour.

Dabbled a bit in the fighting grounds to do the combo trials and training and all the options there are great for learning. Modern controls are nice for beginners as well. I really hope this game's population last for a long time especially with the casual player base.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018

I wanted to celebrate this huge milestone here as well.
Finally got 300 successful Hell Runs.
After the 30th or so Hell Run, I got more and more efficient. No more tension or thrill. It was pure Zen. Similar to how you get playing Tetris.
Anyhow, with that chill style, I managed to eek out a Hell Run rate of slightly higher than 10% in the end.
I feel both proud and ashamed for the time wasted, ha!

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Did my predictions.

Xbox
-Banjo returns.
-Dino Crisis Remake
-Perfect Dark gameplay blowout
-Gears remake
-Fallout New Vegas remake
-Dragon Age Dreadwolf blowout
-Quake remake
-Wolfenstein 3
-State of Decay 3, Hellblade 2 and Fable get release dates.

SGF
-Persona 3 remake
-Elden Ring and Cyberpunk 2077 expansions blowout

PCGamer show
-SEGA surprise SMTV for Steam
-Counter Strike 2 trailer with new info

Ubisoft
-Prince of Persia remake
-Splinter Cell remake

NIntendo (probably in Aug/Sept)
-Super Mario 64 remake
-Switch 2 teaser

The remake generation continues I think we get a bunch across all remaining shows.

Edit: Also forgot about Starfield Direct. I think we finally see them show alien races. I expect at least 2 and one of them will be playable. I expect a faction too but it won't be one of the main ones. But alien races makes sense since they showed a bunch of alien species in last years trailer. Its clearly not gonna be some super realistic SyFy game.
Expecting a lot of remakes. It just feels right with so many classic 90s games hitting 30+ year anniversaries. Xbox show should be good. I don't know about Keighleys event. Sony showcase seemed really tame/safe so I don't see SGF getting bigger trailers lol.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
I bet one of the new announcements will be that rumored new Dead Rising game.

Reactions: lashman

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Possibly silly question, is there a way to get the Steam Link (Android App not hardware) to stream from my PC instead of over wi-fi?

Like directly from PC to Tablet? I tried to do it over wi-fi as you would normally, but for me the loss in video quality and the input lag was just too noticeable.

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
That would be amazing and it certainly can't be worse than DR4
The same rumors say could be a reboot. If Capcom takes it seriously could be great. I’m curious to see how the RE Engine would work for the game. Let’s see if it’s true. ^^

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
My random ass predictions:

Crysis 4
New Mafia
New Brothers in Arms
New Tomb Raider
New game from Rebellion that it is not Sniper Elite
New Bioshock
Witcher 1 Remake
IOI James Bond
New game from 4A (could be Metro, could be new IP)
Wonder Woman from Monolith
Contraband

• Eyes
Reactions: yuraya and Cacher

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
NarohDethan you had trouble with your 8bit do stick in SF6, right ? Were you able to resolve your issue ?

Last edited:

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
Shinseiki Evangelion: Koutetsu no Girlfriend Tokubetsu-Hen Portable / Evangelion - Girlfriend of steel portable got english patch.

PPSSPP + Steam Deck is something awesome is a perfect combination.
I’ve been playing Falcom’s Brandish: the dark revenand PSP game too, loved that game.

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
Plague Tale: Reqiuem is so good. Amicia is a psychopath.

My random ass predictions:

Crysis 4
New Mafia
New Brothers in Arms
New Tomb Raider
New game from Rebellion that it is not Sniper Elite
New Bioshock
Witcher 1 Remake
IOI James Bond
New game from 4A (could be Metro, could be new IP)
Wonder Woman from Monolith
Contraband
God, I'd love a new Mafia and a look at WW and 007

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
NarohDethan you had trouble with your 8bit do stick in SF6, right ? Were you able to resolve your issue ?
tbh it's a skill issue. I guess I could get used to the square restrictor gate. But the solution is a 8 dollar octagonal restrictor that it's quite easy to replace.

Reactions: Li Kao

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Playing Control DLCs (currently The Foundation) reminded me that i really don't like this game. To me it's the worst Remedy game to date (yes i am putting Quantum Break above Control).
I really liked Control but the DLC were the low points of the whole thing to me. They just aren't very good.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Shinseiki Evangelion: Koutetsu no Girlfriend Tokubetsu-Hen Portable / Evangelion - Girlfriend of steel portable got english patch.

PPSSPP + Steam Deck is something awesome is a perfect combination.
I’ve been playing Falcom’s Brandish: the dark revenand PSP game too, loved that game.
That's cool as shit

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I've read P5T is possibly a strategy RPG. It could be something by the Devil Survivor people. I was skimming through the DS credits and most of the devs haven't done much since Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but some of them did work on Shin Megami Tensei V.
Oh man, now I'm going to be disappointed if it isn't a Devil Survivor style spin-off.

• Sad
Reactions: Arc

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
totk's done

9-9.25/10

story: the introduction/main story was good, i really liked how you weren't restricted at all and you could just do whatever you want whenever you want it - however, the ending was weak, it basically screamed "yeah i know we said this was impossible, but here, now it's possible, and also fuck you", that's really the only downweighter here

gameplay was good, very enjoyable with tons of stuff to do
the saxophone was great in the trailer so automatically all of the music here's good

as i now have summer vacation with no internships, i can gladly use my time as a 20 year old man to play games and do pushups
next up is finishing p3 fes, before i have to do work, reading for a re-doing exam and making some small game engine so the game programming subject next semester would be easier

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
The love of JRPG turn-based combat is quite visible through the last 4 decades. And without that love, FF15 and 16 would have never seen the light.
And quite strange that you criticize TBC because of weakness spam, when Action combat is either repeatedly smashing some buttons and maybe dodging attacks, while waiting for a QTE prompt for ... a weakness attack.
Action or semi-action combat flows much smoother and faster and keeps people engaged since it requires more than just knowing a weakness and then watching animations play out until you're allowed to cast it. See the kind of crazy stuff that can be done in this vid

and that's just with 1 character (note how it still has planning and strategy involved to find the best gear and materia combinations, something FF16 could use). Even in the parts where they "spam" an ability it goes by so much faster than it would in a turn based game. They can execute a ton of moves in the time it would take to cast a spell, watch the animation, then watch the enemy's animations, then cast the spell again.. This is why yakuza 7 was such a drag to play it took battles which to be honest could already get a little annoying over the course of the entire game and slowed them to a crawl because you have to watch the same animations play over and over, watch the same summon abilities over and over, wait for the enemies to do their same moves over and over. Battles that would take maybe 20 seconds in past yakuza games now take minutes, and drawn out over 50+ hours that really bloats up the game time with so much repetition and watching things. It was a regression in every way.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Possibly silly question, is there a way to get the Steam Link (Android App not hardware) to stream from my PC instead of over wi-fi?
The only way I can see it working is by using an Ethernet to USB-C dongle. Although I have no way of knowing if it will actually work on a Tab S8+.

• Eyes
Reactions: 「Echo」

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
A bit late to the party regarding FFXIV, but personally I've been off the FF train since XV.

I really wasnt feeling XV based on the trailers and pre-release gameplay. Wasnt going to play it at PC launch. But i ran into insane luck and won an FFXV key in an Era secret santa (this was back when the vibes on there were better, and sharing and giving were still on the menu, lol). So I installed it, not believing my luck, and... really, really hated what I played of it, and I got it for free.

FFXVI appears to lean even further away to what I go to Final Fantasy for. Limited exploration, game focus is heavily on the action-based combat... and they want me to give them at least seventy bucks for it... and they signed a timed exclusivity deal (I own a PS5 too, but that shit pisses me off).

SF6 is a much better example of a company revamping a product thats long in the tooth, and expanding it to new audiences without reinventing the wheel (or, in FFXVI's case, replacing the entire car).

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lol Geohot (PS3 jailbreaker) ranting about AMD drivers is kinda funny XD

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021

Like directly from PC to Tablet? I tried to do it over wi-fi as you would normally, but for me the loss in video quality and the input lag was just too noticeable.
You are too far from your router or wifi source? I suspect it would be possible if you would get an Access Point for PCI-E or USB. Before doing that I would recommend trying other apps like Moonlight or Parsec and remember to connect to a 5 GHz network. Unless you have a weak WiFi signal or a crappy router, I think there is no point in buying another AP for your PC. I do have an amazing experience with Steam Link, but that's because I have a good environment to do so.

Reactions: 「Echo」
Status
Not open for further replies.