Community MetaSteam | June 2024 - Let's conquer this kingdom with some pure hearts

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Perfect Dark, Doom and Snake Eater look pretty good. Maybe Indiana Jones too. Idk about Gears and most of the others. Lots of padding in the show for sure.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Just like the ship of theseus, modern Bioware is just something that has the same name, but none of the original parts. Even Inquisition at this point is like a game made by a completely different studio. This is a post Anthem "Bioware" and that game came out in 2019, 5 years ago! It's impossible for me to trust modern Bioware to ever do something like their pre-Anthem days
And let's be serious, before Anthem they did Andromeda, so the bar wasn't exactly high to begin with
Ergo: you need to let go
The bioware you love doesn't exist anymore, you can't expect that Bioware in the current "Weekend at Bernie" studio whose name is on the next Dragon Age trailer
Andromeda was actually done by a different studio than the Edmonton one, a Texas based support studio that was given the opportunity to do their own game while the main studio was working on Anthem.

BioWare's whole story so far has been trying to reinvent themselves, with little true continuity, other than their writing strength, really. I think that's what disappoints me so much about that trailer. It just feels so bland from a writing perspective.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
First-Person Mechwarrior is still alive. Nobody is talking about it though. LOL. Mechwarrior always has a special place in my heart cuz Mechwarrior 2 was my dad's favorite PC game and he got me into PC-games with Mechwarrior 2 + 3.

Excited for the return of Perfect Dark but not 100% sure I'm feeling the new chara design.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This looks sick. From the devs of El Paso, Elsewhere.

Looks great but not getting hyped yet cos El Paso, Elsewhere wore Max Payne inspiration on its sleeve but wasn't anything like it as far as I played.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
God the PC show is painful.

only redeeming feature has been some decent looking games and Citizen Sleeper 2 (day 1 for me)

SaberVS7

Average Date a Live Enjoyer
Jan 23, 2020
Hmm, yeah, based off what is being said by MS, it seems like Perfect Dark (The one we've seen, that is), per my vibes, likely started-out as Deus Ex 3 and ended up becoming Perfect Dark after the wombo-combo of The Initiative's PD going-nowhere-fast and Square Enix looking to wash-their-hands of Deus Ex.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
its exactly the other way around for me, but I also dislike anthology series as a principle. I liked LIS for its original characters, and wouldve preferred they had used a different name for non-Max-LIS-games. Im really glad Max is back.

yeah the batteries in mine are still good, as well; and they are surely a couple years old now.
I have had the Sony PS5 Media controller since 2020 and the batteries to that died awhile ago, they were Sony batteries and I only used that controller a few times, meanwhile my Sony AV controller is still working, it's a bit slow at times but it still works (not a vampire).

I have proven wrong looks like CoD just bit off too much and people don't like it.

Looks

So

Good

Will have both legacy and third person camera.
The legacy controls have not aged well. Those third person camera from the 3DS version are the only reason I was able to beat the game.

Now imagine if for even more money they went back and did a remake of the remaster where the characters models now match these ones. Dang it's been 9 years since Life is Strange came out.

I know that people hate games that have DEIb(I think is what it's called???) but the thing is that you can have games like that that do well, there is an audience for the games, but it seems that funding/greenlighting them can be an issue (which is why it's mainly indie games that make games like that and when ever a AAA dev tries doing it, it doesn't end well) even with this version of LiS you have an ultimate edition and other stuff that doesn't make sense because of how the game can be monetized. At least we have moved passed the Telltell model since I don't think they made much money off that model.

The only company that still has the OGs is probably Nintendo to be honest.
Which OGs?

Reactions: lashman

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
So that one year when they announced the first Yakuza ports was the anomaly, uh? Every year since I've tuned in to the PC Gaming Show and every year since I've regretted wasting my time on such a boring show.

Xbox Showcase was alright. No ground-breaking announcement for me but almost everything looked good. Doom and Perfect Dark in particular looked great.

The most exciting announcement for me so far was the season 2 line-up for SF6 and Bison being only 2 weeks away lol.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Monster Hunter World already turned me off with it's stiff controls and endless stream of tutorial blocks of text. But I had to blink a couple of times to double check if I was reading the following message right:

So now we have games actually telling me that I cannot stop playing to visit my mother on her birthday because I'm in a quest? 🤔

Uninstalled. Fuck this. 😑

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I finished watching the MS show. That was great.

Doom, Expedition 33, South of Midnight, Fable and Indiana Jones are the highlights.

Doom. Don't need to say much. That skull gun and shield are really sick.

Expedition 33, a turn-based RPG from a western developer and it looks really good. Day 1 if the reviews are good.

South of Midnight. Finally, a character action game, not a soul-like. I also really like the cutscene direction.

Fable. Nice humor, and the game just looks solid. They even bring back those horrid Fable 2 bloom (which I will turn off) but it was a fun throwback.

Indy Jones. The battleship sequence comes straight out from the movie. Can't wait to read hand-drawn treasure maps and solve puzzles in such beautiful graphics. Hopefully I can get this one on day 1.

Honourable mention to Avowed. It looks better and better with every showing. Very excited about it, too.

For the others, Perfect Dark looks good but there is no date. Can't excited for something without a date. :shrugblob: Also surprised by no InXile showing. I guess they are still cooking. Also surprised by Gears being a prequel. Very cool.

Edit: Also, Life is Strange. Max loses another friend nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Fuck you.

Last edited:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Doom dark ages looks neat in the sense that I was expecting Like modern heretic/hexen not Doom 2016/Eternal not so much "Look here's a castle! See look we're in the middle ages!"

"But why does he have a shotgun still"

"shut up that's why"

I guess if they want to go like for Army of Darkness

I haven't played Dragon Age Inquisitor yet but I played Origins like 4 times and Ive played DA 2 once and seeing the trailer for Veilguard made me just kind of uh... Yeah.
I hope the gameplay stuff is better, all it did is make me question why I got so invested in the Lore books and comics and Novelizations for the overall world if the people who are actually make the game don't really care lol but I should of already known that having worked in game development

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Damn Expedition 33 OST will be banger

Send help. Can't stop listening to this.

I urge Nintendo to announce the date of their direct. After seeing what the western developers are cooking (and those are really good), I need to see some Japanese games.

Also, the news make me want to replay Life is Strange 1. And go through Before the Storm. And 2. AND True Colors...

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Perfect Dark: Answering the Big Questions from its Incredible First Gameplay Trailer

Everything I read about Perfect Dark sounds kinda like it will be = Deus Ex Human Revolution.

-Sets of missions with player making choices how to complete missions.

-Combination of gadget use, stealth and fps/melee.

-Bleak and futuristic setting (in this case Cairo and other parts of Egypt)

So yea this is sounding like Deus Ex minus the wall running lol.

Adam Jensen died so that Joanna Dark can live :coffee-blob:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Perfect Dark: Answering the Big Questions from its Incredible First Gameplay Trailer

Everything I read about Perfect Dark sounds kinda like it will be = Deus Ex Human Revolution.

-Sets of missions with player making choices how to complete missions.

-Combination of gadget use, stealth and fps/melee.

-Bleak and futuristic setting (in this case Cairo and other parts of Egypt)

It's Deus Ex meets Mirror's Edge and i am in.

Reactions: QFNS and LEANIJA

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Honestly I can't get Expedition 33 out of my head. Haven't experienced something like this since Zelda Totk. Everything, literally everything looks and sounds perfect. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment, however I can't help but feel overwhelmingly hyped towards this game.

Edit: This trailer alone makes me want to start learning French so I can understand what they are singing. Jesus Christ videogame....

Last edited:

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Honestly I can't get Expedition 33 out of my head. Haven't experienced something like this since Zelda Totk. Everything, literally everything looks and sounds perfect. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment, however I can't help but feel overwhelmingly hyped towards this game.

Edit: This trailer alone makes me want to start learning French so I can understand what they are singing. Jesus Christ videogame....
Me too, the art style the graphics, the turn-based combat, the music that was the strongest first impression I've gotten from a new IP since Pragmata probably. A turn-based Western JRPG without the weebness, and I'm all in for it.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Well Expedition 33 doesn't have turn based combat like other games. It is not fully turn based. For example you can dodge and parry in real time apparently. It is mix between real time and turn based combat.

• Gib
Reactions: Cacher

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Expeditions 33 looked good but there were clear UX problems that I hope they address. The most glaring one that can be easily fixed is the damage numbers pop-up that covered whatever animations the characters were doing, it's really mindblowing. Also having the HP bar in the middle of the monsters models, instead of on top or below them, is definitely a choice.

That's one way to deflate my interest. The latest DE games are basically everything I don't want from my immersive sims so more of that isn't a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Onto the ignore pile it goes.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So yeah. Lots and lots of cool games last night. Probably the single best night of the shows so far. My wish list will be crying later when they start going through and adding some of the games last night.

the new Fable, Doom, Perfect Dark and Gears is getting me tempted with AAA gaming again.

but there where some great and interesting indies in there as well. I am happy as there was a glut of Stardew inspired games in there. Evan looked like maybe an animal crossing type in there as well.

my stand out was Crescent County. Something about it screamed a cosy Crazy Taxi with extras.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Imagine you're Square-Enix.

Co-op RPGs are more popular than ever before, with BG3 exploding in both streaming and player mindshare at least partially thanks to co-op.
You have a franchise that is most well-known for the fact that it had co-op gameplay at a time when that was exceedingly rare in action RPGs, with lots of people who are now in your target audience having fond memories of it.
You create a brand new entry in that franchise.
You make it single player only.

Yep, you're Square-Enix.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Feel like no one's talking about this, cuz i only saw it just now:

Call A Dude's trying to push the prices upwards again

Feels like it's barely been a year or two since the first 70€ games launched.

Dec 5, 2018
Feel like no one's talking about this, cuz i only saw it just now:

Call A Dude's trying to push the prices upwards again

Feels like it's barely been a year or two since the first 70€ games launched.
I mean, SE already tried it's just that they were either late ports or games nobody wanted to play.
Also expect 100€ base games at this rate :devilish:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Wait, so Black Ops 6 is 310gb AND requires always online because it's streaming textures to keep install size down? Is this a joke?
It's actually online only so the George H. W. Bush AI that controls the world can be sure that the mental conditioning takes place during gameplay.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and LEANIJA