Community MetaSteam | June 2024 - Let's conquer this kingdom with some pure hearts

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I saw Catfish in 2010, and I think the film should be a required viewing for any person before they even begin to think about engaging in a parasocial relationship with an individual of some renown. :flare_lmao:

Not even kidding. It's a great film. :flare_smirk:

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
I just feel kinda bad for viewing their repeated posts about stopping posting on twitter as someone that was addicted to something bad for their mental health and couldn't bring themselves to quit and feeling sympathetic when it was probably mostly driven by fear of being exposed

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
I always assumed all anime avatar ladies on thé internet are white dudes.
Everyone on Twitter and YouTube it's a dude. That's an internet axiom at this point lmao.
I never really put much thought into it but part of me just kinda assumes that everyone I see on the internet as a whole is

just part of being a 90s kid and growing up in the early days of it, hell I never pretended to be a girl but I myself used to pretend to be much older than I was all the time as a teenager just out of a weird desire to get more respect out of people

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, I don’t know about this Mystic dude, but I suppose he must be trash ?
Because if the issue is that it’s a male, I mean, I’m not shocked.

q New

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, I don’t know about this Mystic dude, but I suppose he must be trash ?
Because if the issue is that it’s a male, I mean, I’m not shocked.
Seems like someone quite obsessed with clout chasing, harassing people to get their hand on leaks.

Honestly, the real issue here is how weird gaming is about active ongoing projects. Movie executives talk about ongoing projects all the time, whether they ordered a script for something, how it's going. You constantly hear about things they are planning and of course also when projects in develpment get scrapped. Gaming is just very immature about this. Like the world will end and set of on fire if we hear about the Final Fantasy IX remake before Square feels like talking about it. Just silly

Edit: I think I clicked somewhere by accident and made this threadmark thingie? Anyone know how to delete this?

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

A lot of the new game announcements have me feeling like this

(Also it's mostly a joke, but I do wish they would like you know try harder on stuff that they've supposedly been working on for almost a decade)

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
The leaker wars are legitimally a scary business honestly, I get that the VG industry is way too tight lipped, but the more you actually dig in how leaking works the more you understand how deranged it is
Scraping databases, scraping google services, get your hands on marketing materials, blackmailing actual company employers, create a cult of personality, and then use that cult to get into the "hidden leakers illuminati council" to get even more info
Like all of this Midori situation started because Zippo (fucking Zippo) got mad that Midori was taking too much attention from him. Think about this!
These leakers and their worshippers are 100% deranged. They need serious help

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I remember Mysticdistance from 2018ish when he said Persona 5 Royal would be a Switch exclusive. I thought they disappeared after getting that wrong, but them returning while LARPing as a Japanese girl was not on my bingo card.

• Evil
Reactions: PC-tan and Cacher

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Eventhough I do prefer to play my xbox on a big tv, the steam deck is still one of my favourite gaming devices!
I bought this to connect my LCD Deck + controller to the TV whenever I feel like it. Works really well although 4k can be a bit too much at times for the ol' girl.

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Melvor DLC drops today. Woohoo!

In the Idle genre it's an all-timer.

This is the 3rd and I believe final DLC drop.

I really love their pricing strategy. Low upfront cost, low standardized DLC pricing.

Each expansion has added a metric f-ton of content. And no monetization outside of the $5 DLCs makes me want to engage as I'm not being nickel & dimed around every corner like in some other paid Idlers.

Great product all around.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Leakers are fucking losers tbh
Yeah but the worst ones are those that get weirdly invested and defensive about this shit. You'd see people get dogpiled on Era for questioning someone's track record or even asking about it. It's fucking wild lol.

It can be fun to hear a leak about something you want to happen but come on. Just assume it's all bullshit until proven otherwise.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Difference in marketing between Epic release and Steam Release is crazy.
Hey now, the Epic release gave you three months of Disney+. I wouldn't mind that so I can watch X-Men 97 and old Simpsons episodes.

• Sad
Reactions: PC-tan

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
69 euros for the entire KH collection. I mean it's really fucking expensive but I was totally expecting 100 euros for the entire bundle tbh

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I had no idea they released a free prologue to The Big Catch

I got excited thinking the fully game was out. Still, I'm excited to give it a try :cool:

Old gif from the full game

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
It does look like there are some improvements at the Squenix end of things. The next test will be FFXVI/FFVIIR.

Reactions: Cacher