Community MetaSteam | June 2024 - Let's conquer this kingdom with some pure hearts

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
When Bloodborne arrives on Steam you'll be slobbering just like Hector is today ;)
Nah, I'm not actually that interested in Bloodborne. I'd play it of course, but it seems to emphasize the parts of the Souls formula that I'm not that into, while not really focusing on my favourite parts. (Remember, my favourite Dark Souls game is 2)

The only game I'm currently aware of that would actually elicit a visceral reaction from me if its Steam page showed up has already had one for a long time.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Nah, I'm not actually that interested in Bloodborne. I'd play it of course, but it seems to emphasize the parts of the Souls formula that I'm not that into, while not really focusing on my favourite parts. (Remember, my favourite Dark Souls game is 2)

The only game I'm currently aware of that would actually elicit a visceral reaction from me if its Steam page showed up has already had one for a long time.
I cannot live your souls experience (DS2 is still the worst one, sorry) but I agree I'd be way more excited for Silksong than a Bloodborne PC port.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Finished Ghost of Tsushima. What an amazing game with great combat. Jin's internal struggle with his own samurai code and how slowly he accepts his title as the Ghost of Tsushima is such a compelling narrative. The ending was amazing as well.

I didn't think I'd be moved by the story because of how stone-cold serious everyone is in that game, but it worked. Strong recommendation from me.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I saw Catfish in 2010, and I think the film should be a required viewing for any person before they even begin to think about engaging in a parasocial relationship with an individual of some renown. :flare_lmao:

Not even kidding. It's a great film. :flare_smirk:
Just to let you know it didn't end well.

After the movie they made a TV show and basically all of the stuff in the TV show was staged and also the host were up to some messed up stuff as well. The show was on MTV by the way.

--------------
Let's look back 10 years ago. After Dark Souls, the next "big" Japanese title that was released on Steam to big success was Valkyria Chronicles.

It's been 10 years since then and now we have Kingdom Hearts, SMT V and Monster Hunter Stories all releasing on the same day on Steam!!!!!!!!!!

SEGA Korea is currently doing a contest

I still remember this article from years ago

Reactions: xxr

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Yeah, I'm aware. I never did watch the TV series either, since I don't watch western TV series in general. :flare_mogu:
Not even Total Drama Island? (I'm only mentioning this since a new season came out and it is only now airing in the US even though it released in Canada last year)

--------------------------------------------
More Indie Live stuff and some Steam Next Fest Stuff

Talking about Kingdom Hearts it does look like companies have been making good use of the live broadcast, it looked like one of the streamers was even answering questions from the Steam Chat

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I remember being frustrated with SMTV's performance on Switch and thinking how great it would be to have a PC version but also having the best of both worlds and playing that version on a handheld.
Today the dream is real.
The game runs great on the Deck. At least in the first area it's a solid 60fps.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Finished Guacamelee! 2 yesterday and i am kinda mixed on it. It is ok platformer/metroidvania but bit dated. It is bit repetitive and movement is not fluid as some other similar games out there. Level design was ok nothing special.

Now on to Kingdom Hearts XD

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
And it's still growing
What's weird is that SMT VV has more than double the users of Kingdom Hearts yet is currently 6th on the global charts while KH is #1. That makes me think there are a massive group of people buying KH with no intent to play right now and CCUs can't tell the whole story.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
I wonder when TLOU 2 PC will be announced. Could be a while if they truly want to launch it alongside S2 of the show.
Early 2025 release for me. They've already 2 more titles slated for this year so I wouldn't think they'd want to release everything in one year. Besides, they're kinda running out of games to port at this point lmao. Unless they want to tap into older ps4 titles like Gravity Rush, Order 1886, Killzone Shadow Fall or The Last Guardian (crossing fingers).

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
What's weird is that SMT VV has more than double the users of Kingdom Hearts yet is currently 6th on the global charts while KH is #1. That makes me think there are a massive group of people buying KH with no intent to play right now and CCUs can't tell the whole story.
There are 3 possible explanations to this outside of your theory (which is valid when you see the ports have issues running on AMD)
1) KH is a much bigger (speaking of install size) game and may take longer for most to download compared to SMTVV. Week end will probably have a much clearer picture for KH
2) The way the bundle is sold it's likely the Integrum Masterpiece ends up counting for 1.5+2.5, and since the bundle goes for 69 bucks the generated revenue is higher, thus inflating its number
3) SMTVV was sold as a preorder since many months ago, and whoever preordered it would not count for how it's selling now. All KH sales are instead focused on these past 24 hours

Reactions: Arc

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
And it's still growing
Two games that skipped steam for around 2.5 years after their initial launch and then appeared at full price.

I had to point this out on discord too because people love shitting on SE so much they didn't even realize they were propping up a company that did the same exact thing.

• Shrug
Reactions: Lashley

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
Two games that skipped steam for around 2.5 years after their initial launch and then appeared at full price.

I had to point this out on discord too because people love shitting on SE so much they didn't even realize they were propping up a company that did the same exact thing.
fair but at least in one of those cases the Vengeance version and the new content that came with it actually released simultaneously on all platforms

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Finished Guacamelee! 2 yesterday and i am kinda mixed on it. It is ok platformer/metroidvania but bit dated. It is bit repetitive and movement is not fluid as some other similar games out there. Level design was ok nothing special.

Now on to Kingdom Hearts XD
I liked Guacamelee 1 I thought it was a cool game, especially how it could have been a pixel metrovania game but instead it does something else with its art that it least helps if stand out a bit that way. Front what I remember with 2 it's more multiplayer focused compared to the first game, also the first game uses a lot of memes through our the game that could be seen as dated now.
My guess is that it has to do with the bundle, since the bundle seems like a decent deal, it's the whole collection for under $70. If you look at the games themselves the first one seems to be selling well, the next one is doing rather meh and the last one is selling not that great, not only that but they are also pushing for people to buy the bundle. This would explain why some people are likely playing the other games instead. Some people have the bundle but instead are playing KH3 and stuff like that, also some people seem to be having performance issues and crashes so they are likely stoped playing the game until the game gets fixed.

Viva Pinata is back .... in form of gnomes and lowpixybaras
What kind of a game was Viva Pinata?

Vengeance has new content that basically doubles the game and you also get previous DLC included in the game. Not only that they also did was Monolith did with Xenoblade and had it where you can start the new content form the beginning of the game rather than play through it all over again is what has been mentioned. So that's nice, and I don't think that what SE did for FFVIIRI on PC.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I was rewatching the Xbox showcase but this time on bigger TV screen at higher resolution.

And man I'll say it again...MGS Delta looks so fucking good. Makes you wonder how good video games today would look if devs focused all the graphical power on tight linear experiences. Instead of all these giant empty open worlds with very repetitive content. All of it takes so long and just kills devs teams over time. I bet if Kojima today were to make Snake Eater...his team would able to make something like this in 12-18 months without breaking a sweat. No dev hell or sales expectations that they had with MGSV. So much of today's industry problems can be fixed if gaming community embraced linear games again.

I guess its still good to have these type of remakes. If devs going back in time and remaking PS2 era games with these budgets/graphics...if this is the only way to get games like this then its better than nothing. I can't even be mad at the remakes and creative bankruptcy anymore. I kind of have to root for it and hope we get more projects like this. There are so many games from that era that could use remakes like this.

Also one of the cool things about this new Flintlock game coming next month is that you can see in the trailer the girl wielding a gun in left hand and axe in the right. It kind of reminded me of Bloodborne but in Flintlock it seems like she is able to straight up fire a lot of damage on enemies freely. I wonder if staggering is a thing. The moment to moment gameplay looks really good. Kind of excited for it and its on Gamepass too.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
fair but at least in one of those cases the Vengeance version and the new content that came with it actually released simultaneously on all platforms
Vengeance has new content that basically doubles the game and you also get previous DLC included in the game. Not only that they also did was Monolith did with Xenoblade and had it where you can start the new content form the beginning of the game rather than play through it all over again is what has been mentioned. So that's nice, and I don't think that what SE did for FFVIIRI on PC.
This is just an excuse to cover for a company that you view more favorably. The game came out in 2021, adding more content doesn't change this fact. It's not a new game.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I’m sorry, but it’s a bit disingenuous to compare a bare minimum port that was shitted out, made part of multiple exclusivity deals and still Hasn’t had any major work done to it so that it runs without stutter and still not available on all systems. Versus a game that has had major development work done to it, effectively adding another game on top, releasing on every system it can run on. One is a full blown GotY style version the other doesnt even reach the standards of bare fucking minimum.

As someone who still loves the FF series, is still looking forward to rebirth and 16 I am still pissed off with how square have treated FF7 on PC. And on top of that the had the fucking cheek to charge not just full price but next gen full price for it.

so no it is not the same thing here.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019

Not a fair comparison.
SMTV took so long because they literally created a new campaign for it and this version did get a day 1 release on PC. It's not a straight port like FF7, far from it.
I'm actually glad they waited for the enhanced edition to do the PC version. They could've milked us with a port of the original before announcing Vengeance and now we'd be forced to double dip to play this version.
I was rewatching the Xbox showcase but this time on bigger TV screen at higher resolution.

And man I'll say it again...MGS Delta looks so fucking good. Makes you wonder how good video games today would look if devs focused all the graphical power on tight linear experiences. Instead of all these giant empty open worlds with very repetitive content. All of it takes so long and just kills devs teams over time. I bet if Kojima today were to make Snake Eater...his team would able to make something like this in 12-18 months without breaking a sweat. No dev hell or sales expectations that they had with MGSV. So much of today's industry problems can be fixed if gaming community embraced linear games again.

I guess its still good to have these type of remakes. If devs going back in time and remaking PS2 era games with these budgets/graphics...if this is the only way to get games like this then its better than nothing. I can't even be mad at the remakes and creative bankruptcy anymore. I kind of have to root for it and hope we get more projects like this. There are so many games from that era that could use remakes like this.

Also one of the cool things about this new Flintlock game coming next month is that you can see in the trailer the girl wielding a gun in left hand and axe in the right. It kind of reminded me of Bloodborne but in Flintlock it seems like she is able to straight up fire a lot of damage on enemies freely. I wonder if staggering is a thing. The moment to moment gameplay looks really good. Kind of excited for it and its on Gamepass too.
You just need to look at Alan Wake 2 and Hellblade 2 to see examples of what you're saying.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
So far Kingdom Hearts 1 is ok. But rough around edges but it is essentially old game at it's core so it us hard to criticize it and compare it to modern standards. Voice acting is also rough but again for that era and for a first entry it is understandable. But charm is there and I like going around with Goofy and Donald :D