Community MetaSteam | March 2019 - The Core Values of One-Handed Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Am I one of the few who never registered for an Epic account?
I had to create one a few years ago for work but haven't had to work with Unreal Engine since so i haven't used it. I created a new email & account when i signed up to EGS because i had a suspicion shenanigans were about but i haven't used it since that first login.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
If anyone has VR, free open beta for a few days.

Looks like Ubi copied Echo Combat and gave it some more simple to digest, mainstream trappings.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

Ubisoft sale. Wasn't there one only a short while ago? They hungry for the Steam money.

FC:New Dawn -60%
I know Valve doesn't like to react to anything, but it seems a bit absurd that they keep promoting these Ubisoft sales with front page displays, instead of other developers or publishers, especially after what they have been doing.

As for Far Cry: New Dawn, if anyone is interested in it, I would seriously recommend you wait further for a lower price.
I really enjoyed Far Cry 5, but New Dawn didn't click with me, at all. and after not playing it for a month, I uninstalled it without even finishing the game.
It looks pretty, but the game bored me to tears.

Far Cry New Dawn -60% - 40€. So it's 100€ game now?
It's the Far Cry 5 + Far Cry: New Dawn pack that is on sale, not the actual game.

Last edited by a moderator:

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Strange, Ass Odyssey is 67% off in a couple of regions but only 50% in others.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Strange, Ass Odyssey is 67% off in a couple of regions but only 50% in others.

I was wondering why Ubisoft suddenly created regional packages for Odyssey. Guess for this.

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
I know that Sony pays for every game that a PS+ subscriber adds to hisher account but here, doubtful. And you pay. With your data. And by adding to their numbers. Getting played by Tim and China like a fiddle. Merkel is disappointed in you.
We dont know how they do it, but I guess its like with sony, humble and others that they only pay for claimed copies, everything else would be... strange....
and hey, it was just a thought I wanted to put out there, of course nobody has to do it.

and mama merkel loves me very much ok!

when is the valve stream?

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Am I seeing things or is this article not trash but hitting all our talking points and asking the right questions?

The ones below though, don't scroll too far....

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I THINK i managed to get Velocity 2X to run with as little stuttering as possible. Its launcher is annoying though, and it won't let me play windowed at 1080p since only the launcher chooses resolution etc.

Non the less I still like it. It's a fast paced and simple action game with a nice mix of light platforming+shoot'em-up.

EDIT: Actually stuttering might be the wrong term; it gets random 'freezes' or pauses form time to time and it gets annoying ugh =_=

Last edited:

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
Coming soon
  • Player reports: Allow players to report others for positive or negative in-game behavior. Developers can also gain valuable feedback directly from the community.
    Targeting May 2019
  • Player data storage: Store and enumerate arbitrary game data on behalf of authorized players.
    Targeting May 2019
  • Achievements, leaderboards & stats: Keep track of individual and global player statistics, award in-game achievements, and rank players on leaderboards.
    Targeting September 2019
  • Communications: Enable in-game communication between players across any platform.
    Targeting October 2019
  • Parties: Enable players to form groups and play together.
    Targeting October 2019
  • Overlay: Provide a unified overlay for friends and other online services that are available to the player across different games and engines.
    Targeting October 2019
  • Matchmaking: Set up game matches for individual players or predetermined groups.
    Targeting November 2019
  • Player identity: Enable players to log in and connect with others across different platforms.
    Targeting December 2019
  • Player inventory: Manage player inventories, including purchases across different game stores.
    Targeting December 2019

• I am concerned that these weren't intergrated into the EGS to begin with. Also what's this about Storing & Enumerate Arbitrary Game Data? It sounds incredibly sketchy.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
"Alden steps to the mic. He works on the design side of features.... Wants to help you connect with your customers to make them happier"

That's nice, but seeing how some indie devs (at least) are like, they ain't gonna like what they gonna hear from their happy customers :V

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

Am I seeing things or is this article not trash but hitting all our talking points and asking the right questions?

The ones below though, don't scroll too far....
Jez Corden is an excellent writer imo. He's also one of the few journalists who dared to complain about the Windows Store.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Sigh, like these features aren't built on Valve time and so in the making for a long time, no, everything on Steam ever from now on has to be a response to Epic, cos we can't help but pimp Epic and how they're the source of all good ever even when discussing something positive on Steam, lol.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Status
Not open for further replies.