Community MetaSteam | March 2019 - The Core Values of One-Handed Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Quite a big patch, no features locked behind paid version anymore. Need to play (and lose horribly) again.

Ready for Sekiro!
Of all the terrible things I've seen this week this might be peak terribleness. For shame.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

In about 4 hours, Paradox will be announcing their new game, apparently set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe.
Some are thinking it may be a remake of Bloodlines (because of the concept drawings shown, since they feature several locations from that game), others a MMORPG (because of some cosmetic items they are giving away to those who link their accounts to Twitch).
Paradox has a stream currently up, with a countdown, here:

I know many of us were expecting this to be an EGS exclusive, but GOG has been promoting this announcement on their page for the past few days, so either we will be seeing a scenario where the game launches on the EGS and GOG, but not Steam, or the game will launch everywhere.

So, anyone looking forward to this?
I like the setting, so I'm curious about a new game, although the developer hasn't done much in the past to inspire a lot of confidence.
I'm also hoping it's a new game, and not a MMORPG.

TheGreenArrow

Ask me about my podcast damn it
Nov 20, 2018
www.thecellarletters.com
In about 4 hours, Paradox will be announcing their new game, apparently set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe.
Some are thinking it may be a remake of Bloodlines (because of the concept drawings shown, since they feature several locations from that game), others a MMORPG (because of some cosmetic items they are giving away to those who link their accounts to Twitch).
Paradox has a stream currently up, with a countdown, here:

I know many of us were expecting this to be an EGS exclusive, but GOG has been promoting this announcement on their page for the past few days, so either we will be seeing a scenario where the game launches on the EGS and GOG, but not Steam, or the game will launch everywhere.

I like the setting, so I'm curious about a new game, although the developer hasn't done much in the past to inspire a lot of confidence.
I hope it’s not an MMO stop but honestly I’d probably still play it. Even if it SUCKS. (😏)

oipic

Resident Lurker
Sep 19, 2018
As I just posted on Era, the difference in philosophy between Valve and Epic was so stark today. Everything in Valve's presentation revolved around the basis of "here's how you can make and keep your customers happy". Everything was about developers delivering a better product to customers and keeping them engaged.
That's all true, but in this Epic era, these features effectively cost developers 18% of their share. Particularly while money-hats are prevalent, I'd wager a growing number of devs (or more correctly, publishers, it seems) will deem that these additional customer engagement tools won't warrant that 18% overhead - particularly given Epic will no doubt be selling the tale that they'll soon have all of this and more.

Reactions: lashman

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Far Cry Primal is on sale and cheap, how is it? Really only far cry I have been waiting for awhile. Also what DLC for Cities: Skyline is worth it at 50%+?

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
As I just posted on Era, the difference in philosophy between Valve and Epic was so stark today. Everything in Valve's presentation revolved around the basis of "here's how you can make and keep your customers happy". Everything was about developers delivering a better product to customers and keeping them engaged.
It was a huge contrast between the two. One was all about strengthening the developer-customer relationship and making easier for these customers to want to engage with the product, the other is about forcing them to do so by taking away the alternatives. We can always point to several things they could do better, but the "core" of the strategy is so much better (for us) at Valve.

I am keeping my eye on it because of the setting and fondness for the old games (including Redemption), even though Paradox is very hit-or-miss for me. However, it will only really interest me if the game: 1) is not a mmo, 2) is story based, 3) doesn't have a way too aggressive DLC strategy and 4) is not EGS exclusive. So.... not looking good for me :)

Deleted member 113

Speaking of sales, by now I'm sure everyone ate pork bun already, but if you are one of the rare people who are yet to experience it (and by the way, if you are one, you are not a whole man :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:), the definitive edition of Sleeping Dogs is 85% off.

Deleted member 113

Last night I finally gave in and bought ac odyssey gold on the uplay spring sale.

Today it goes on sale for the same price on Steam. This is what I get for caving :disapproval-blob:
Well, at least you can be happy, knowing you supported a small indie developer. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Yeah, it sucks when that happens. Or, when you purchase a game, play it a few hours, and later in the day a bundle launches where the game is featured, along with several others, for less than what you paid for a single game. :cautious:

So, whatever it is, it's coming to Steam as well.

Please be a single-player RPG. :face-screaming-in-fear:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Well, at least you can be happy, knowing you supported a small indie developer. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Yeah I get to help struggling Ubi lol.

In all seriousness being able to use the 20% coupon generator they have was pretty cool but I'd still prefer to have it on steam. I'll gladly pay the ~$6 extra for all of steam's features plus steam achievements too, which is odd for an Ubi games but I'll take it.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
if you liked FC5 - it's more of that ... like more of EXACTLY that
Hey! They did add a pointless item level system.. and... ahmmm... ah yes... they incorporated the outpost "reset" into the story.... and...... ok, not much more.

I kind of had fun with it, but was happy it was short because it really didn't add much. Oh... and let's just say that must have been some really weak nukes.

Last night I finally gave in and bought ac odyssey gold on the uplay spring sale.

Today it goes on sale for the same price on Steam. This is what I get for caving :disapproval-blob:
Just think of it as getting ahead because you probably will have to go Ubi Store if you want to play future AC games anyway...

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Hey! They did add a pointless item level system.. and... ahmmm... ah yes... they incorporated the outpost "reset" into the story.... and...... ok, not much more.

I kind of had fun with it, but was happy it was short because it really didn't add much. Oh... and let's just say that must have been some really weak nukes.
yeah ... it's basically an expansion pack AT BEST

Reactions: Digoman

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I was actually thinking of asking for a refund on We The Revolution until one hour ago. The game really looked like one of those cheap 'deep' games where you've to balance your popularity between two crowds initially. I decided to give it one last shot and it basically expanded in every way possible. Really looking forward to how the story will develop from now on. I still don't like this balancing your popularity thing, but territory wars, climbing up the power ladder, rivals and just the basic judging add a lot to the game. It's not perfect, but a solid 7.5/10 until now.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
yeah ... it's basically an expansion pack AT BEST
I actually would be ok if New Dawn was the content of the $30 Season Pass of Far Cry 5. A continuation of the story and competent even if uninspired. And certainly a lot better of what we got... how the heck they made playing on Mars so boring?

I was actually thinking of asking for a refund on We The Revolution until one hour ago. The game really looked like one of those cheap 'deep' games where you've to balance your popularity between two crowds initially. I decided to give it one last shot and it basically expanded in every way possible. Really looking forward to how the story will develop from now on. I still don't like this balancing your popularity thing, but territory wars, climbing up the power ladder, rivals and just the basic judging add a lot to the game. It's not perfect, but a solid 7.5/10 until now.
Thanks for the impressions. This one looks interesting but I'm waiting for some more opinions before deciding on it.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
that sounds pretty cool actually .... might check that one out ... thanks! :)

how the heck they made playing on Mars so boring?
that's ubi for ya ;)

---

... and now we know what it is :)

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.

oipic

Resident Lurker
Sep 19, 2018
13 months is a long time in PC gaming - plenty of time for Paradox to sell their souls to the devil and succumb to the Epic succubus... and to market, build hype and sell pre-orders on Steam in the meantime.

Sorry, I've become jaded, tired and doubtful of everyone's intentions in PC gaming... it's an ugly space right now. Paradox, please prove me wrong.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
13 months is a long time in PC gaming - plenty of time for Paradox to sell their souls to the devil and succumb to the Epic succubus... and to market, build hype and sell pre-orders on Steam in the meantime.

Sorry, I've become jaded, tired and doubtful of everyone's intentions in PC gaming... it's an ugly space right now. Paradox, please prove me wrong.
that's ok ... i'm all set ...

Tim can suck my nuts

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
You know what? Screw it. Normally I would never pre-order something so far away and with so little revealed about gameplay, but
  • Appears to be exactly the type of game I wanted.
  • Available on all stores
  • Good regional pricing.
  • It's on Steam so refunds are easy.
  • It's f*cking Bloodlines 2.
  • .... and yes, I'm little scared Tim will see all the positive reactions and starts sending trucks of money to Paradox.

So, pre-ordered.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
.... and yes, I'm little scared Tim will see all the positive reactions and starts sending trucks of money to Paradox.
yeah, that's pretty much exactly what i said

if you want to have 100% certainty you'll have this game on steam a year from now - the only way to do it is to buy it on steam ... not even GMG etc. because if at any time between now and March of next year epic decide to throw a bag of money at Paradox - all those keys WILL be replaced with epic keys

better safe than sorry

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
yeah, that's pretty much exactly what i said

if you want to have 100% certainty you'll have this game on steam a year from now - the only way to do it is to buy it on steam ... not even GMG etc. because if at any time between now and March of next year epic decide to throw a bag of money at Paradox - all those keys WILL be replaced with epic keys

better safe than sorry
But.. but.. they said they don't want to do deals like the Metro one again... you don't believe them?

So far Paradox did everything we are asking publishers to do, so I'm taking the risk and showing support with my money. Of course, it helps that the local price of the most expensive edition is the equivalent of $41.65 over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.