Community MetaSteam | March 2019 - The Core Values of One-Handed Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Those that claim to be PC gamers really don't know how useful the Steam Activity Feed is. I managed to discover and wishlist a bunch of games I didn't know about.
Forget the discovery que, add more friends to your steam account, lurk the activity feeds, build a bigger wishlist of games that would be worth your time and money.

I'm so excited that I'm not tempted to buy Epic exclusives, knowing that I'll get them cheaper on the client a prefer in the future. My backlog is jumping for joy, I think.

Moreover, I think I'm about to dabble in the world of trainers and whatnot. With my little time to game, I just want to play and beat a game. Heck, I used cheats as a kid. Why not get nostalgic, yo.
I think they'd be jumping for joy a lot more if you were to play through them ;3

Nothing wrong in using trainers, but I generally would not recommend using them all the time. Like I used one to max out my orbs to get all abilities in DMC4 mainly so I can enjoy the combat without being held back.

Deleted member 113

Moreover, I think I'm about to dabble in the world of trainers and whatnot. With my little time to game, I just want to play and beat a game. Heck, I used cheats as a kid. Why not get nostalgic, yo.
:thinking-blob:

Winner's don't do drugs use cheats. ;)

Those that claim to be PC gamers really don't know how useful the Steam Activity Feed is. I managed to discover and wishlist a bunch of games I didn't know about.
Forget the discovery que, add more friends to your steam account, lurk the activity feeds, build a bigger wishlist of games that would be worth your time and money.

I think they'd be jumping for joy a lot more if you were to play through them ;3
Funny you mention it, since I bought several games after seeing your screenshots (Camp W was one of them), or after becoming aware of some games by seeing you, lashman, and others wish-listing or buying them. :)

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
:thinking-blob:

Winner's don't do drugs use cheats. ;)

Funny you mention it, since I bought several games after seeing your screenshots (Camp W was one of them), or after becoming aware of some games by seeing you, lashman, and others wish-listing or buying them. :)
That's pretty much what I do. I never do the discovery queue.

Also, what is the best place to get trainers that will tell me how to do everything? I'm a n00b.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I used to get all my nocd cracks from megagames.com back in the day and always saw them have a ton of trainers alongside them for each game, though I never (!) actually used any. But it seems the site is actually still alive after all these years as well so try that for trainers too. MegaGames

I don't even know what the +# stuff mean, trainer +1, trainer +18, lol, no clue what all that means. I imagine they come with readme files :)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I used to get all my nocd cracks from megagames.com back in the day and always saw them have a ton of trainers alongside them for each game, though I never (!) actually used any. But it seems the site is actually still alive after all these years as well so try that for trainers too. MegaGames

I don't even know what the +# stuff mean, trainer +1, trainer +18, lol, no clue what all that means. I imagine they come with readme files :)
yeah, that's the other one ... but i believe gamecopyworld has more trainers ... and gets them sooner

i might be wrong, though

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Also, what is the best place to get trainers that will tell me how to do everything? I'm a n00b.
Cheat Engine! Create your own cheats! Using it to skip all grinding that some games require. I'm still learning on how to use it. If you want some assistance on how to scan for values I will gladly help

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018

hmmm ... try gamecopyworld (with an adblocker :p)
I have not used it, but have seen people recommend Wemod.

Also, gamecopyworld? What site is that? I don't know what you are talking about. Never seen it. No. Nope. Completely innocent in my youth.

Reactions: lashman and fokkusu

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
So, uh, dumb question: what the heck is a trainer?
Cheat programs that typically modify game memory to modify game behavior. The term kind of gets used as a catch-all for cheats in general sometimes though.

Recently there was a trainer that removed the time limit and ammo count in the Resident Evil 2 Remake demo. Which some people found to be unethical or some nonsense.

Reactions: lashman and Copons

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
CheatEngine is very useful.
You don't even need to outright cheat, speedhacking alone can make games with sloooow movement speed or long unskippable battle animations (in turn based games) much more enjoyable and save you time at the same time.

Deleted member 113

What’s the buzz on Generation Zero? Looks pretty neat
Early comments I've read point to a fun game, but currently somewhat lacking in content.

Destructoid has a review in progress:

The game is supposed to see continuous updates and content additions, so here's hoping the game will be well supported in the future.

I have it pre-ordered. :)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Cheat Engine! Create your own cheats! Using it to skip all grinding that some games require. I'm still learning on how to use it. If you want some assistance on how to scan for values I will gladly help
That is how I levelled up my Pokemon (with x99 sweets) and caught Mew on GameBoy back in the days. It was a similar tool which I had to plug between the GameBoy and the cartridge. There was no README, it took me some time to understand the potential of such a tool. On PC, it can be quite tedious to find the right address. On GameBoy, it was always very straightforward to change the number of lives, etc.

I think that was the one.

I got another one for a Playstation, but it was not as good. I had to look for codes on Internet, I could not try to find them by myself. It was pretty disappointing. Usually, you cannot find online the codes which do exactly what you want.

Anyway, Cheat Engine on PC is pretty cool for small games.

Last edited:

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
So, Cheat Engine: Would it be like finding the right line of code and changing what needs to be changed? I'm just a teacher that knows how to play on a PC and do like late 90s HTML. However, the challenge sounds fun... if it's not too challenging! I really want to use a trainer to cut grinding / fax my character, and then play regularly. I don't foresee doing any idgodmode stuff. ;)

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
So, Cheat Engine: Would it be like finding the right line of code and changing what needs to be changed? I'm just a teacher that knows how to play on a PC and do like late 90s HTML. However, the challenge sounds fun... if it's not too challenging! I really want to use a trainer to cut grinding / fax my character, and then play regularly. I don't foresee doing any idgodmode stuff. ;)
I believe you look for the values in the RAM. So, if you know that you have 5 lives, you perform an initial search of all the values equal to 5. Then you lose a life on purpose, and you refine the search, looking for all the values equal to 4, and so on. That is the best case scenario.

In the worst cases, you don't know the exact value of the variable which you want to modify, or the memory addresses are changed even though the program was not stopped, or modified by other parts of the program which you have to find, etc.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Not really. You search in the memory for certain values you want to alter. It's not so complicated. Some games are so easy that you can find the memory position instantly without any effort.

God mode isn't difficult. Let's say your HP is 100. You search for a value position that is 100. The first search will give you several positions that have the value 100. Then go back to the game and do something that changes the HP value, like take a damage or drink an HP potion. Let's say that you take 14 in damage. Then your HP is 86, do a second search for this value. Cheat Engine will use the list from the first search and continue to search all value position that changed to 86. It will take a few searches before you finally find the memory position that stores the HP. After you find this position then you can either alter the value to something absurdly high HP or lock it to give you god mode

I think maybe I should create a thread that is dedicated for cheats :D
Are you interested in such thread?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
What Wok says.
However you rarely need to do that. Most games have tables made by other people already.
This site is basically the go-to site for CheatEngine stuff: FearLess Cheat Engine - Index page

I usually just google <game name> cheat engine if I need something and fearlessrevolution will basically be the first search result.

It's pretty nice if you know the basics though. Like I made myself a CheatEngine table for infinite bonding points for Tokyo Xanadu eX+ during the beta, where other people obviously hadn't made public tables yet.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
What Wok says.
However you rarely need to do that. Most games have tables made by other people already.
This site is basically the go-to site for CheatEngine stuff: FearLess Cheat Engine - Index page

I usually just google <game name> cheat engine if I need something and fearlessrevolution will basically be the first search result.
I do that too. But sometimes it happens that they either don't have tables or that the tables don't work for some reason. So I have to do some work by myself

Absolutly!
Someone help me to name a catchy thread name :D

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Not really. You search in the memory for certain values you want to alter. It's not so complicated. Some games are so easy that you can find the memory position instantly without any effort.

God mode isn't difficult. Let's say your HP is 100. You search for a value position that is 100. The first search will give you several positions that have the value 100. Then go back to the game and do something that changes the HP value, like take a damage or drink an HP potion. Let's say that you take 14 in damage. Then your HP is 86, do a second search for this value. Cheat Engine will use the list from the first search and continue to search all value position that changed to 86. It will take a few searches before you finally find the memory position that stores the HP. After you find this position then you can either alter the value to something absurdly high HP or lock it to give you god mode

I think maybe I should create a thread that is dedicated for cheats :D
Are you interested in such thread?
Absolutly!
I don't use CE that often but it's a handy tool to try and overcome frustrating design decisions, like after I've failed a fight a bunch of times and endured the multiple forced easy phases and unskippable cutscenes and other offenses games seem to implement :p

Most people will focus on like infinite health or bumping up resources in a grindy game, and those are frequently easy to find. It gets tricky if it's a little more abstractly managed, e.g. I was messing around in Touhou Lunar Nights and the health value is some gigantic float number even though it looks like it's 1-100 in game, when it said "83" in the UI it was really "83.345683891234124809852523907470912380" in CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.