Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
In Japan it is the same, though not a PS+ requirement, but rather you need a credit-card on file for any CERO Z titles.

So it wouldn't surprise me. FFVII doesn't really seem like something that would get a high rating though?
Game is rated 16 in germany, which is the second highest.

I imagine it's due to the HD version of this section

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
So i don't really care much about FF7, but since demos are free, i wanted to check it out. Of course, not having booted the PS4 in over a year, i had to update it, and remember my password to sign in again to PSN, more work than i was hoping, but oh well.

As for the demo itself, i kept seeing people say it looks amazing and runs so smooth. I tried it on my secondary screen a 4k monitor, and it looks pretty bad honestly. It looks kinda blurry, even other PS4 games at 1080p managed to look more better, is it even running at 1080p because it sure doesn't look like it is ? As for the performance.... it's 30fps alright, maybe less during some scenes. Panning the camera around Cloud just looks plain terrible.

Maybe i'm too used to playing on PC. Last time i experienced the same thing was when i tried the demo for Yakuza 6, and that ran at like 900p and at what seemed like 20-30fps.

edit: on a base PS4, probably better on Pro. But i feel bad for people on base PS4

Reactions: 「Echo」

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
My Bestbuy GCU membership expires on March 11th. With this membership I am able to get 20% off video games from Best Buy, this was very useful for CEs that only Best Buy had like with the Octopath Traveler CE (which I still have). So what are some console only games that are coming out that I should think about pre-ordering. So long as I pre-order the game before March 11th I will get the discount.

I guess that they discontinued the program since Amazon ended up canceling their thing were if you were an Amazon prime member now only would you get the game on release date but you would also get it for 20% of MSRP. Seeing how Amazon ended up getting rid of that Best Buy no longer had to offer a similar deal in order to get people to buy games from them. This does suck but since I mainly buy my games for PC I get the 20% off any way from places like GMG anyway.

Also I already have both Animal Crossing and P5R CE on pre-order any other games I should think about?

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Just visited both locations (I shouldn't cause' I want the surprise) but let me tell you something.
This is the biggest VR game up to date and if VR doesn't explode with this, nothing will make it explode in popularity.

HALF-LIFE: ALYX IS VISUALLY STUNNING!!!!
SCALE, GRAPHICS, EVERYTHING!

Damn, can't wait for the final game :_(

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
was it Wok who wanted to pay the index with fake money?

If you are going to pay with Steam Wallet money, make sure you put in a Steam support ticket NOW to have them enable that on your account, otherwise it will not let you buy it and you might miss out if it goes out of stock quickly.

Reactions: lashman

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019

Hooray. Think im going to try and get one, or at least the controllers.

HL:A hype +1

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Just gave the City 17 scene a look, and it's pretty cool. You can just join a public room after you download it if you don't own an Index.

I heard some people talking shit to the Index host for being full of themselves for owning a $1000 headset. I can't wait for the Kotaku article about class warfare from Valve.

was it Wok who wanted to pay the index with fake money?
madjoki we're all rooting for him.

fearthedawn

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
It was the same with PT and Resident Evil, i think it's got to do with age ratings
That's what i always thought, every free demo with a high age rating i've seen had ps+ requirement in germany and common consensus online about it was age rating... and then i was playing the Nioh 2 Trial a couple days ago just fine without ps+, as advertised. (same USK16 rating as FF7R)

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Did anyone back Wonderful 101?

I'm not sure which tier to do. And is the main benefit of backing it, just getting it one month earlier?
I wanted to back pathfinder today, You can only add a CC or your bank information (direct debit) as a payment method, OK, I thought, if they are savages, I add my IBAN. Now, when I wanted to pledge to pathfinder, it will only allow credit cards. get this: adding your bank account as a payment method is only possible for german customers who back german Kickstarter projects. WHAT?
get with the time and allow other payment methods than what cavemen use (credit cards and direct debit). Did they not hear of the little thing called paypal?

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018

I'm not sure which tier to do. And is the main benefit of backing it, just getting it one month earlier?
I did. Do backers even get it early? At the lowest tier even? I haven't been paying attention lately. You might get it slightly cheaper, maybe. There's still no store page yet. At this point it might be better to just wait for it to release.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Any feed back on maybe 1 or 2 picks from the ones I linked above? I'm leaning more toward the latter 2 as they're under $5.
Unfortunately, I'm only familiar with Chaos;Child since I own it myself. If I can make a broad comparison with the other Sci;Adv title, while the mystery in C;C is quite engaging, it didn't quite reach the heights of Steins;Gate, in my opinion. My first impression of Takuru, the protagonist of C;C was that he isn't as likable as Okarin in S;G. Although I eventually warmed up to his character after a while. Also it doesn't help that I enjoyed the dialogue in S;G a lot better. Still, it wasn't a bad read and it has plenty of twists and turns.

I own all the Higurashis (haven't played them) and bought the Umineko pack.
As much as I highly rate FataMoru, I enjoyed Umineko a lot more. Maybe because I was reading it with the voice patch and it adds to the experience immensely. Anyway, all 07th-E titles are good and you should look into Ciconia as well (although it doesn't get heavily discounted during this sale)
Now if only it was good
Hey, SAO Alternative GGO was actually pretty good watch. I dropped SAO Alicization about 8 episodes in though, I dunno about that one. :dana_disgust:

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I don't know how many of you have played a game from the Cultures franchise, they have to be one of the most relaxing city building games ever made. Currently playing Cultures: Northland, available on Steam (the first two games arent available)

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Now if only it was good

That and I think future DLC is free. If you don't keep your pledge, I'll let you know what happens. They're not getting $101 from me anymore because of those lousy "specs," ignoring the comments, and my message asking if it'll be 4k. So I knocked it down to just a digital copy.

Dec 5, 2018
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet

Upon purchase you will be granted a choice to redeem via Steam OR Epic Games key

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
this is really nice, one of the things we were wondering was if Humble and the other key websites would offer Steam keys or stick with EGS ones, letting you decide is a really good choice.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Why not both?

nope, that was madjoki

trying to swindle poor Gaben with his fake money :p
I wonder is it's trap for fake money owners....

this is really nice, one of the things we were wondering was if Humble and the other key websites would offer Steam keys or stick with EGS ones, letting you decide is a really good choice.
Would be interesting to see rate between choices.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Just gave the City 17 scene a look, and it's pretty cool. You can just join a public room after you download it if you don't own an Index.
How does that work? Is it like a map which you can explore on a flat screen? Why is it necessary to join a room?

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
How does that work? Is it like a map which you can explore on a flat screen? Why is it necessary to join a room?
You need to go to SteamVR Home, once there you will see a panel full of sessions (on the left of the main panel, not the big screen) with their respective hosts and the map they are using, just select the one you want :cat-heart-blob:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
If Ubi never comes back to Steam than they have lost me.

Uplay sucks. The payment processing is weird too. I know from all my R6 purchases. :face-with-cold-sweat:
I own most of my Ubisoft games on uPlay, but I'm not supporting their move to dump Steam for EGS.

And to be honest, I'm kind of done with Ubisofts games. They all look amazing, but the gameplay is too boring, uninspired and repetitive for me. I can't remember the last time I actually finished a Ubisoft game.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Does anyone know what happened to this DLC for Vanguard Princess?

It was supposed to be released last year, but it seems it is not available yet
The dlc features
  • An external Netplay client with matchmaking and integrated chat
  • Updated version of Vanguard Princess
  • Battle stages from all DLC versions of Vanguard Princess
  • Alternate story-lines for various characters
  • In-game music from all DLC versions of Vanguard Princess

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Ah, I had forgotten the usual dance with the shit-tier delivery services. Awake since 6am, no doorbell, no phone call, no paper in the mail but somehow I wasn't there. CS barely understands me, too, which is always a riot.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Ah, I had forgotten the usual dance with the shit-tier delivery services. Awake since 6am, no doorbell, no phone call, no paper in the mail but somehow I wasn't there. CS barely understands me, too, which is always a riot.
I always had my stuff delivered at work so no cowboy lazy courier stuff they always do on residential addresses.

Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I own most of my Ubisoft games on uPlay, but I'm not supporting their move to dump Steam for EGS.

And to be honest, I'm kind of done with Ubisofts games. They all look amazing, but the gameplay is too boring, uninspired and repetitive for me. I can't remember the last time I actually finished a Ubisoft game.
hard same here.

Reactions: Ge0force

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Eh, 'shaming' businesses on social media is more efficient than contacting CS, what a time to be alive.
Mr Sorry wants to discuss via PM, I have no idea what good it will do, but at least someone is caring enough to not throw me a canned answer.

Edit - Ah, yeah, another probable canned answer, let's give up and go to the pick up point and forget about these people.

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Reactions: PC-tan

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Eh, 'shaming' businesses on social media is more efficient than contacting CS, what a time to be alive.
Mr Sorry wants to discuss via PM, I have no idea what good it will do, but at least someone is caring enough to not throw me a canned answer.

Edit - Ah, yeah, another probable canned answer, let's give up and go to the pick up point and forget about these people.
depends on the company. I have 10 years experience as a CS in a call center for half a dozen companies.
ISP/phone carriers: don't give a shit, and even the customer satisfaction goals are only used to not pay a bonus to the CS rep. A customer threatens legal action, contacting the media, posting on social media? Whatever.
Online banking: No customer satisfaction targets but the company checks calls and complaints per email regularly. But only recently added a line where we could send unsatisfied customers.
Energy sector: those customers are chill as fuck, probably no-one wants to anger their energy-provider. but we also had direct contact with a de-escalation department.
Microsoft (non-Xbox): took every complaint seriously but there were different tiers of responses on how you contacted them. it went from Customer support --> Social media --> contacting headquarter. If you contacted headquarter, the secretary of the CEO (of the country-specific Microsoft division) wrote you an email with the contact information of the customer and you had to contact the customer on the same day (or try to contact him). You would have to work with the customer until he is satisfied (or you got the reply from the higher-tier tech department, that it is unsolvable or economic non-feasible) and reply back to the secretary that the case was closed. Sometimes I had customers for weeks.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Man this other delivery service is scary. I can even follow the man on a map. Pretty sure he just ate something or took a shit.
I just wanted my parcel, not go all 1984 on the poor guy. Again, strange times.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I forgot how dark the original Final Fantasy VII could be. I think that's a big part of why it's liked so much.
XIII opens with Genocide. IX opens with a botched kidnapping and unravels into existential crisis the game. Type-0 is the only M-rated FF, and is played out like a War Documentary, the opening seconds involve civilian slaughter and dropping a nuke on an entire kingdom wiping them off the map (literally). Summons in TYpe-0 require mass human sacrifice and students of a war academy line up to do this willingly in defense of their homeland. Crystals command thousand year old beings to off themselves in spectacular fights that scar the land. (Also literally, the world map reflects all this in-game.) FFXV's darkness is in it's lore for the most part, star plague, Ifrit's lost love and his plan for revenge. It also opens up with an invasion that mass kills Civilians, pits firearms Vs. Magic, and the assassination of our MC's papa plus his whole court. Then it goes on to kill his love interest and burn her city to the ground. Finally, our MC must die to save not just his kingdom, but the world. It was destined from the start and nothing he could do would change this outcome.

FFVII is... I mean I really feel like nostalgia carries it? I didn't play it growing up. VI and IX were my first and second FF's. The first time I completed FFVII was around when the PS4 Ver. launched, and I honestly found it SEVERELY overstated.

I am looking forward to the remake however. I'm hoping the modern aesthetic and story revisions can make it a bit less... "campy?"

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
XIII opens with Genocide. IX opens with a botched kidnapping and unravels into existential crisis the game. Type-0 is the only M-rated FF, and is played out like a War Documentary, the opening seconds involve civilian slaughter and dropping a nuke on an entire kingdom wiping them off the map (literally). Summons in TYpe-0 require mass human sacrifice and students of a war academy line up to do this willingly in defense of their homeland. Crystals command thousand year old beings to off themselves in spectacular fights that scar the land. (Also literally, the world map reflects all this in-game.) FFXV's darkness is in it's lore for the most part, star plague, Ifrit's lost love and his plan for revenge. It also opens up with an invasion that mass kills Civilians, pits firearms Vs. Magic, and the assassination of our MC's papa plus his whole court. Then it goes on to kill his love interest and burn her city to the ground. Finally, our MC must die to save not just his kingdom, but the world. It was destined from the start and nothing he could do would change this outcome.

Reactions: 「Echo」
Status
Not open for further replies.