Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Isn't the "regular" movement style kinda nauseating? Like you float in highspeed around a complex space or something
Don't have a frame of reference here so curious what people with VR experience think about this
It is... although it varies greatly from person to person.

Teleporting: impossible to get sick.
Continuos movement (translation only): nauseating but rather easy to get used to.
Continuous movement (translation + rotation): horrible... even more so if there's acceleration.

The less your brain receives incongruous data (between your eyes and your innear ears), the less likely it is you're going to feel nauseous.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Been putting some more time in Arkham Knight and I'm really getting into it now.
I feel that the silent protagonist approach doesn't work very well here though, maybe because it's a car. Fortunately the supporting cast is decent, especially Batman.
The game's art direction is a bit too dark, I think visually the game can get a bit monotonous.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
PoE's servers were crapping the bed yesterday, so performance was at its worse, with slowdowns and freezes for everyone.
It's even worse today. Thanks to your help I could see that fps are mostly 60 but I have latency spikes up the wazoo. 400ms at times.
I wonder if it's my internet or the servers. Shit is not really playable at the moment.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
What suprises me about all this VR talk is that when I wished for and got the PSVR for christmas 2 years ago I did not know about motion sickness and that you could get dizzy/pukey in VR, never heard about that side of VR. So I started playing a bunch of games and never got sick, I was also very dissapointed a lot of games only had teleportation as I wanted to play as I regularly do.

The only thing that has ever gotten me dizzy, not even sick, is snap smooting or whatever it's called, the opposite of snap turning.

Continous locomotion never got me any sort of sick or dizzy and not until long after getting my Rift did I hear about VR sickness.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Regarding Half-Life, are you guys going to move and shoot simultenously? Like, fire a monster to your right with your right-hand, without looking at it, while you side-step diagonally to the left in a cover, and look at the ceiling in case there is a trap? Moving in 3 different directions: head direction up, hand direction right, and body direction forward and left.

Or is it more likely that most people are going to play it as a PnC shooter, which means being static while aiming? I think that is why I have reminiscences of The House of the Dead while watching the videos, as I do not get to see the simultaneous possibilities. Maybe that is possible, but that would not render well for the spectator of the videos.

Nice for Ori 2, but also that LotR card game which I wanted to try.

Edit:

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Regarding Half-Life, are you guys going to move and shoot simultenously? Like, fire a monster to your right with your right-hand, without looking at it, while you side-step diagonally to the left in a cover, and look at the ceiling in case there is a trap? Moving in 3 different directions: head direction up, hand direction right, and body direction forward and left.
Yep. Like, I love John Wicking myself through Boneworks.

Anything else than what you describes n the quoted paragraph is stale and boring. VR gives me freedom to do things I can't do in flatscreen gaming so I will try out everything.

Or is it more likely that most people are going to play it as a PnC shooter, which means being static while aiming? I think that is why I have reminiscences of The House of the Dead while watching the videos, as I do not get to see the simultaneous possibilities. Maybe that is possible, but that would not render well for the spectator of the videos.
Im 95% sure that the way that was played in the IGN and Valve videos was inherently to showcase VR slowly. Actually having people to play the game will look different when you watch them on YT. But I could be wrong.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
That's pretty much what I did in Serious Sam 1/2/3 all the time. Except while shooting in 2 different directions (dual wielding), and with blink teleport ;)

I think the footage would be almost impossible to follow though.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I think the footage would be almost impossible to follow though.
Yep. :fearrat:

We would need some third-person view for the spectators, as in Beat Saber.

The latest video got me worried about the spectating by the way, because of fast movements of the head when the player is scanning the environment.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, so, I think I'm done with Half-Life:Alyx content prior release, I have already seeing everything I needed to be hyped as heck, Game looks STUNNING and yes, it's going to be big for VR and big for the industry.

And let's say I'm a bit down in mood for different reasons, first one, I don't know if I was right about Division 2's theory coming to Steam the week from 16th to 22th, here's hope but IDK.

Also, days really go slow without news, I mean, we are getting tons of amazing pieces of news but still feels like a really slow year, right? anyway, we will see how things go.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't think Division 2 is coming to Steam because Ubisoft is greedy.

These days are indeed slow, but this month will kick off for me at least on the 11th with Ori, then on the 13th with Blands 3.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Fanatical - Staff Pick Build your own Bundle March 2020
  • Bounty Train
  • Crazy Machines 3
  • Danger Gazers
  • Degrees of Separation
  • Flashback
  • GARAGE: Bad Trip
  • Homebrew - Patent Unknown
  • Insurgency
  • Kingdom Wars 2: Definitive Edition
  • SKYHILL
  • Snake Pass
  • Space Robinson: Hardcore Roguelike Action
  • Super Inefficient Golf
  • The Final Station
  • The Light Keeps Us Safe
  • Toki

Pretty decent picks.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I don't think Division 2 is coming to Steam because Ubisoft is greedy.

These days are indeed slow, but this month will kick off for me at least on the 11th with Ori, then on the 13th with Blands 3.
I'd settle for putting 1 back on sale and not pulling it 3 days in :p.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
If Ubi never comes back to Steam than they have lost me.

Uplay sucks. The payment processing is weird too. I know from all my R6 purchases. :face-with-cold-sweat:
==========

With regards to FF7R, I hope SE partners with Nvidia again. HairWorks was pretty cool.

Reactions: Ge0force

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I just can't see how Ubi wont come back to steam, I have a feeling they aren't doing as well as they would like.

Speaking of Steam, the day that they introduce game streaming like Geforce Now, will be the day I pretty much stop buying games from anywhere else.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Seems like Hare Brained Schemes is done with Battletech now.

Now, with our season pass at an end, HBS is going to focus on two brand new non-BattleTech projects. Our last free update, BATTLETECH Update 1.9, will release in late February. After that, BATTLETECH will continue to maintain customer support.
I'm excited to see what they do next. I really enjoyed their Shadowrun games. Since they are owned by Paradox now, maybe they could make something in the World of Darkness.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
If Ubi never comes back to Steam than they have lost me.
same ... i don't have a single ubi game directly on udontplay ... and i don't plan on changing that

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Started playing Sekiro after finishing Code Vein. I really, really like the combat vs. humans, it's very satisfying, but so far every fight with non-standard-humans has been mostly unfun (ogre, chicken things, etc.). Maybe that'll change as I get more options to fight with.

Also been playing a ton of Trials of Fire and it's fantastic. It as a wonderfully unique take on deck builders and tactical RPGs in one, and really offers a ton of variety so far with how you can build out your party and such. Only complain I have so far is the food tends to be feast or famine really quick, it's a bit too random when you see more and that makes it feel really iffy to explore as much as you could.

It's still in Early Access but if anyone was on the fence or waiting for it to be complete, there's already 7 out of 8 characters in the game and 3 quests you can do (I don't know how many more are coming, but with difficulty settings and different party formations / builds you have tons of replay there). Also there's daily runs.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Also been playing a ton of Trials of Fire and it's fantastic. It as a wonderfully unique take on deck builders and tactical RPGs in one, and really offers a ton of variety so far with how you can build out your party and such. Only complain I have so far is the food tends to be feast or famine really quick, it's a bit too random when you see more and that makes it feel really iffy to explore as much as you could.

It's still in Early Access but if anyone was on the fence or waiting for it to be complete, there's already 7 out of 8 characters in the game and 3 quests you can do (I don't know how many more are coming, but with difficulty settings and different party formations / builds you have tons of replay there). Also there's daily runs.
yup, i second that ... it's really, REALLY good!

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Fanatical - Staff Pick Build your own Bundle March 2020
  • Bounty Train
  • Crazy Machines 3
  • Danger Gazers
  • Degrees of Separation
  • Flashback
  • GARAGE: Bad Trip
  • Homebrew - Patent Unknown
  • Insurgency
  • Kingdom Wars 2: Definitive Edition
  • SKYHILL
  • Snake Pass
  • Space Robinson: Hardcore Roguelike Action
  • Super Inefficient Golf
  • The Final Station
  • The Light Keeps Us Safe
  • Toki

Pretty decent picks.
Not bad at all. I might go for Toki, Flashback, and Space Robinson. Hmm. Or Degrees of Separation.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
This is a weird implementation considering you can't buy EPs 2-5 separately (so now I'll have to look for a key on third party stores unless Focus Home fixes it one way or the other).
New humble choice is this friday fam :v

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
You all really seem too sure about the idea of Ubisoft staying out of Steam, we will have to wait and see :p

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
What suprises me about all this VR talk is that when I wished for and got the PSVR for christmas 2 years ago I did not know about motion sickness and that you could get dizzy/pukey in VR, never heard about that side of VR. So I started playing a bunch of games and never got sick, I was also very dissapointed a lot of games only had teleportation as I wanted to play as I regularly do.

The only thing that has ever gotten me dizzy, not even sick, is snap smooting or whatever it's called, the opposite of snap turning.

Continous locomotion never got me any sort of sick or dizzy and not until long after getting my Rift did I hear about VR sickness.
You're lucky! When I first tried full locomotion in Skyrim VR, it was indeed nauseating me. Boneworks however did it much better.
But I can't help but long for a more immersive way of playing. Walking a few steps within a VR game is really cool - until you hit the chaperone/guardian borders, taking you out of the immersion. Maybe some day VR treadmills will be a thing ;)
The other thing I never quite liked about VR is the controls. If oculus brings their hand tracking to the Rift S, I'd be very interested in that.
But anyway, VR is still an amazing way to play games, even with its natural limitations.

You all really seem too sure about the idea of Ubisoft staying out of Steam, we will have to wait and see :p
Just a question of "when", not "if", surely :)

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
I think Ubisoft will release games on Steam at some point, just not necessarily exactly after 1 year like other devs/pubs.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I think Ubisoft will release games on Steam at some point, just not necessarily exactly after 1 year like other devs/pubs.
IDK, I still think they will all stick to the same times, even big pubs.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
So I wanted to see what all the fuss was about the FF7 Remake demo and started up the PS4 for the first time since beating ToCS 3 months ago.... and the damn thing is PS Plus exclusive??? What a way to kill my excitement...

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So I wanted to see what all the fuss was about the FF7 Remake demo and started up the PS4 for the first time since beating ToCS 3 months ago.... and the damn thing is PS Plus exclusive??? What a way to kill my excitement...
No? I don't have Plus and I downloaded and played the demo.

Reactions: PC-tan

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I can't live without Assassin's Creed so Im getting that no matter that.
I yeah, sort of love Assassins Creed and want them on steam even though I own some of them on Uplay simply because they give cards and have steam achievements

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I cannot download it - a window pops up ("You have to buy first: PS Plus"). It also says unavailable on the store page itself.

Edit: same problem on the web version of the PS Store:
That's really weird, maybe it depends on store country? Im in Norway and it works here without Plus.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
That's really weird, maybe it depends on store country? Im in Norway and it works here without Plus.
German PSN seems to be the only store with the Plus requirement. Well that's 30 minutes of my evening wasted trying to figure this out, does not help that navigating the store on the console is so slow...

Reactions: PC-tan

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
German PSN seems to be the only store with the Plus requirement. Well that's 30 minutes of my evening wasted trying to figure this out, does not help that navigating the store on the console is so slow...
that is VERY odd indeed. I tried to add the demo to my account (and I dont even have a PS4), and it worked without any problem. Strange that Germany would have such a restriction.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Is the localisation decent, at least? I'm a little wary after ShiraVN's release of Uta collection which was less than stellar.
I read a bit of Master Magistrate* and the localization seems to be quite good:
The English felt natural and I didn't spot any typos.

* Not a lot, mind you, since I didn't want to actually start on yet another VN before finishing the ones I am currently reading.

Reactions: Kvik and 「Echo」

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
that is VERY odd indeed. I tried to add the demo to my account (and I dont even have a PS4), and it worked without any problem. Strange that Germany would have such a restriction.
It was the same with PT and Resident Evil, i think it's got to do with age ratings

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
It was the same with PT and Resident Evil, i think it's got to do with age ratings
In Japan it is the same, though not a PS+ requirement, but rather you need a credit-card on file for any CERO Z titles.

So it wouldn't surprise me. FFVII doesn't really seem like something that would get a high rating though?

Status
Not open for further replies.