Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Dear Phil Spencer
Where is this Ori patch I've been hearing about
Sincerely
An old birdman who wants to indulge in this game already.

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018
Yeah it's the Huntsman TE that I want! I love it being so subtle being all black and plain. I heard people complaining about the sound of typing, but I can't imagine it being a big issue?
It's an adjustment but I like the linear switches in the TE. The noise really if you bottom out the keys and it takes little force for it to activate. There are many pluses to the keyboard, the build quality is great, PBT keycaps, detachable USB-C cable and it's easy if you want to switch over to other keycaps in the future since the stems are standard on this one.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
It's an adjustment but I like the linear switches in the TE. The noise really if you bottom out the keys and it takes little force for it to activate. There are many pluses to the keyboard, the build quality is great, PBT keycaps, detachable USB-C cable and it's easy if you want to switch over to other keycaps in the future since the stems are standard on this one.
Sounds good! But yeah I think I've already decided on that one. Just have to wait till I have money and that the price has gone down a little, saw that it's close to 200€ in France and that's craaaazy.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Yeah it's the Huntsman TE that I want! I love it being so subtle being all black and plain. I heard people complaining about the sound of typing, but I can't imagine it being a big issue?
I say the noisier, the better. I own their BlackWidow Chroma keyboard and it's super clacky. They're not Cherry Blues, but they're close.

Reactions: ISee and Swenhir

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah I'm also interested in a good keyboard but after years of membrane I'm scared of the supposed noise from mechanical keyboards. I love membrane quietness. But my Logitech Illuminated Keyboard is clearly on its last leg.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019
I saw this and I looked up to give my big Blade Runner box a look.
It's another one of the first PC videogames I ever bought. And this one I did beat several times (unlike C&C).

Reactions: ISee and lashman

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!
LEGO what are you doing?

The Mario figure is neither a minifigure nor is buildable from lego pieces
Some of it looks cool (I'm obviously referring to the stuff that is actually made with LEGO bricks...). The rest looks like a stupidly expensive toy.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I don't like that they used the word exclusive, there is nowhere in the article that it is going to be exclusive on Steam. Is this a bait for Timmy so that he money-hat for exclusivity on EGS?
LOL no, it's just that said website got the exclusivity of said information, nothing else.

Alo81

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Phil Spencer
Where is this Ori patch I've been hearing about
Sincerely
An old birdman who wants to indulge in this game already.
Whats broken for you? I played a few hours last night and had no issues.

If performance, i might have just been able to push through them.
i5-9600k + 1080ti
4k/60.

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Reactions: ISee and lashman

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
I'm really tempted on Borderlands 3 (Steam) at $30.

But hearing that the story & characters are not only bad, but actively cringe is going a long way to dissuading me.

It's interesting that B3 is going the same way as Metro Exodus and offering an opening week -50% discount on Steam. The price will bounce back up to $60 after the first week so it will turn the screws on early adopters and kinda force their hand if they are interested at all. Still better than launching at full price I guess. But it doesn't leave much room for those on the fence.

I've always loved the Borderlands games (well 1 & 2), but at the same time have always been a strictly solo player as I'm kinda allergic to online-multi anything. So hearing that B3 is such a letdown in story/character development hits harder for me as I don't have co-op play to lean on and distract me from cringy dialogue.

Guess I've always enjoyed the mindless loop of Borderlands. Grinding out better gear and enjoying the arcade shooting action. I understand that B3 does that well in addition to having really diverse environments for a change. Those two elements kinda get me back on board.

I just hate feeling pressured to pull the trigger in the first week if I want to take advantage of -50%. Makes me think, "Ah, screw it. I'll just wait unitl it's $15/$20."

Oh decisions decisions.

FOMO is such a bitch. Esp. when you've got more than enough on your plate to start with. :p

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
I'm really tempted on Borderlands 3 (Steam) at $30.

But hearing that the story & characters are not only bad, but actively cringe is going a long way to dissuading me.

It's interesting that B3 is going the same way as Metro Exodus and offering an opening week -50% discount on Steam. The price will bounce back up to $60 after the first week so it will turn the screws on early adopters and kinda force their hand if they are interested at all. Still better than launching at full price I guess. But it doesn't leave much room for those on the fence.

I've always loved the Borderlands games (well 1 & 2), but at the same time have always been a strictly solo player as I'm kinda allergic to online-multi anything. So hearing that B3 is such a letdown in story/character development hits harder for me as I don't have co-op play to lean on and distract me from cringy dialogue.

Guess I've always enjoyed the mindless loop of Borderlands. Grinding out better gear and enjoying the arcade shooting action. I understand that B3 does that well in addition to having really diverse environments for a change. Those two elements kinda get me back on board.

I just hate feeling pressured to pull the trigger in the first week if I want to take advantage of -50%. Makes me think, "Ah, screw it. I'll just wait unitl it's $15/$20."

Oh decisions decisions.

FOMO is such a bitch. Esp. when you've got more than enough on your plate to start with. :p
Wait a year and buy it for $10 with all the DLC.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Wait a year and buy it for $10 with all the DLC.
Yeah, that's likely the best advise.

It's strange 'cause I'm so AAA-averse to start with, that it's rare that a big-budget title comes down the line that I'm actually interested in. Maybe once or twice a year?

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Yeah, that's likely the best advise.

It's strange 'cause I'm so AAA-averse to start with, that it's rare that a big-budget title comes down the line that I'm actually interested in. Maybe once or twice a year?
Most of them are bug-filled, poorly balanced messes when they launch these days. Everyone is better served waiting at least a few months for patches and sales. I know some games are hard to wait on but for the majority it just means a much better first experience, especially if you only plan on a single playthrough.

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
RPGamer has an interview up with Engine Software and me, on ToCS3:
Í forgot to reply yesterday.
Really cool interview!

I did roll my eyes hard when I read that "cinematic 30 fps" paragraph from the writer.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!
LEGO what are you doing?

The Mario figure is neither a minifigure nor is buildable from lego pieces
WTF asked for this horrible thing? How do you screw this up? Lego SMB3 style airship. Bowser's Castle. Ghost House. That would be instant classic. Instead we have some weird battery powered mario. Kids don't even play with stuff like this anyway. They don't make levels that battery mario rewards them with coins for dumping a shyguy off the seesaw. They take it apart and make things out of it. Mario gets lost under the fridge.

Reactions: Deku

Angelo

Junior Member?
Dec 21, 2018
I don't see any difference
It looks cleaner and the background is quite darker. Twitter messed up the order, the new one is the second picture

-

I can only see two entries too. Not sure what's up with that. :face-with-open-mouth:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I quit Spiro 2 in Reignited Trilogy. No interest in finding 40o orbs, only got 14 already. Maybe in the future, I hate when games give me requirements like that to progress.

Reactions: LEANIJA
Status
Not open for further replies.