Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Capcamon bundle is bit too much for my taste and what I already have from it.
Awesome if you have nothing tho.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

It was confirmed for PC last year lol
Yes, but still no date for the other systems, that's what I meant.

Reactions: Arsene

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Yeah after looking through the Steam forums, thats my impression too. Hope they will restore it soon.
Seems to be back. It is for me at least. No idea what went wrong there.

edit: it was Tom's fault

Originally posted by TomG:
Hey, this is Tom from Valve.
In the process of helping Night Dive work on these games, I inadvertently made a change that hid the game from libraries temporarily.

I just fixed my error, so the game will display again correctly in owner's libraries now. Sorry for the downtime!
So while that was a bit weird, it's good to know NightDive is working on SiN.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Ori 2 is pretty fun. Leveldesign is superb. I also like the chase sequences in this one so far since they are shorter and more forgiving. And maybe I don't have Blind Forest fresh in my mind but the platforming flow is much better in the ones here.

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

I know this is a PC forum but might be interesting to people who wants to know about PS5
At the very least it'll be more or less the same with XSX, which is good for PC player too since games will be able to utilize hardware more.

I'm waiting for hardware revision to get PS5 like usual.

Btw XSX's SSD form factor if you haven't already know.

Reactions: Rando10123

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
At the very least it'll be more or less the same with XSX, which is good for PC player too since games will be able to utilize hardware more.

I'm waiting for hardware revision to get PS5 like usual.

Btw XSX's SSD form factor if you haven't already know.

looks like it'll be the same as their supposed supposed proprietary memory cards. i'm just waiting if sony's controller have an actual decent battery life and if they have backwards compat of all the playstation lineups instead of just PS4.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Has MS said if the new controller takes batteries or not? I haven't seen mention of that, I'm worried that since the new Elite 2 has an internal battery, maybe that's their way forward and I'd be sad if that's the case.

I'm also wondering about the latency improvements that they said could be coming to old controllers via fw update, I wonder if that applies to PC controllers when used with a dongle and/or bt. Or wired for that matter.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Has MS said if the new controller takes batteries or not? I haven't seen mention of that, I'm worried that since the new Elite 2 has an internal battery, maybe that's their way forward and I'd be sad if that's the case.
Batteries.

I'm expecting PS5 to be pretty much the same as XSX.
It'll most certainly be slower but have some other additional features like a controller with better rumble or something.

Last edited:

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
At this point I feel like the Covid-19 anxiety in myself has exceeded what is rational, but it's basically disrupted 70% of my daily life - a lot of it for the better because I can work from home all the time now and my home setup is better than ever, but still...

I'm at the point where I'm just going to have to use self-discipline and practicing social distancing from social media and quarantine myself to family and games.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im uninstalling Black Mesa and setting my playthrough on a temprary hiatus. Im about to be playing 3 different FPS, HLA, Doom Eternal and Blands 3 so I think that's enough. I also finished the original HL about 1-2 weeks ago, so I don't need to play Black Mesa right now. It's really good though, but not particularly interesting atm.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The only thing I want from Doom Eternal is more Doom 2016, so Eternal being a bigger, better and more variated Doom 2016 is fantastic for me.

Haven't read or seen any reviews other than some scores and watched a bit of ACG.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
What is this? madjoki

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018

I know this game looks pretty rough around the edges, but it's secretly great. I played it on mobile. There's a surprising depth to the game. It's frequently challenging while avoiding the frustrating feeling of unfairness.

If you like strategic card games and can overlook some Flash-style graphics, do it. It's a buck.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Okay, finished up the Frostpunk scenarios and played some on Endless mode. Really good game. In opposite to many other strategy games, the game, even on endless mode has an end-point where there's nothing really you can do more of. Still, great game overall, took me 15 hours, will uninstall for now, but return to in the future when I buy the DLCs. Highly recommended.
Very agreed. I was surprised at how much this game sucked me in. I played while the snow was swirling outside. I took a week or so and shirked most of my actual responsibilities while I kept these fake digital people barely fed and warm. The progression up to the finale is fun and quite stressful and exciting. I failed it 4 times before figuring it out at the fifth playthrough. There's a bit of trial and error here, where you can't quite anticipate what's about to happen and you just have to come back. Fortunately, the game is so fun I didn't mind the bullshit, at all. I was looking forward to endless, like let's really nail this thing without the resource hassles and time constraints, but then it actually turned out to be pretty dull. You kind of top out and just don't have much to do. It's not simcity.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

A post on what's going on...

Hey everyone,

We're sure by now you've noticed things happening with SiN, SiN Multiplayer and SiN: Emergence on Steam over the last 24 hours or so and we're going to bring you all up to speed on what's going on.

Firstly, we're having some behind the scenes updates done to the Steam AppIDs (The unique Steam identifiers) that bring them into line with newer AppIDs. These AppID were created in 2006 so they need some TLC. Unfortunately, this means that the games may, for a very short period, be unavailable to play while these changes are done. We're sorry about that. The games will be back up very soon!

Secondly, we have an update planned for the original game itself! "SiN Multiplayer" will shortly be retired, and everything will be in one AppID going forwards. This new update will include some bugfixes, working multiplayer as well as some other things!

We're doing what we can. Hang tight, and sorry about the downtime on these games.

Thanks everyone,
Daniel,
Nightdive Studios

Do I buy a game i may never be able to play.....

Reactions: LEANIJA and Nabs

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Hell yeah! I love Timbaland. There better be some amazing beat boxing in there.
Yikes at the comments though. People really don't want to pay for any content...

Next week I'm gonna live in the VR world for a while. Maybe I'll finally check out VR Chat so I can at least socialize a little more in these trying times.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Just read about the new storage thing the Series X is doing.

Kind of a stupid approach for consoles. Why lock down all next gen games to run on SSDs only? Forcing people to buy some cards for expansion otherwise you have to constantly switch around shit on the externals.

Seems like the more the industry moves forward the less options gamers are gonna have. You'd think a new 500$ console in 2020 would provide more options not less. I seriously hope PS5 doesn't follow suit because I ain't buying proprietary storage shit for consoles. I can already see prices for them going up because of any little disruption in the market. Next gen games are gonna be over 200gb in size too ughh.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Just read about the new storage thing the Series X is doing.

Kind of a stupid approach for consoles. Why lock down all next gen games to run on SSDs only? Forcing people to buy some cards for expansion otherwise you have to constantly switch around shit on the externals.

Seems like the more the industry moves forward the less options gamers are gonna have. You'd think a new 500$ console in 2020 would provide more options not less. I seriously hope PS5 doesn't follow suit because I ain't buying proprietary storage shit for consoles. I can already see prices for them going up because of any little disruption in the market. Next gen games are gonna be over 200gb in size too ughh.
You can't use regular external drives for storage? Isn't the SSD storage thingie just if you want fast ass storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.