Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
... and that's The Room VR done ... wow, that was short!

and with the exception of one puzzle - it doesn't really do anything with VR ... like AT ALL! i imagine that's mostly because they're planning on porting it to mobile (and probably doing a "flat" version later) ... so they'd only have to slightly adjust that one puzzle

but yeah, still, really cool ... it's nice to be able to be there in person ... and the game is good (but short)

what's funny is that that one particular puzzle type only appears in the game when you're like 70% done with it so i can only imagine they were making the game and suddenly went like "well, we might want to have something VR-specific in there" and added those ... either that OR they weren't actually making that game with VR in mind (which i'm willing to believe) and only decided to go the VR route when they were already 70% done making it

either way - i'm 99.99% sure it's gonna get a non-VR version sooner or later

still - i really like it ... it's like an 8/10

but DAMN is it short ... i just checked .... took me 2h to finish it, yikes

Last edited:

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Man I'm feeling sad now from Half Life Alyx withdrawl, played more hard mode today, but it's just one of those games, ya know?
... and that's The Room VR done ... wow, that was short!

and with the exception of one puzzle - it doesn't really do anything with VR ... like AT ALL! i imagine that's mostly because they're planning on porting it to mobile (and probably doing a "flat" version later) ... so they'd only have to slightly adjust that one puzzle

but yeah, still, really cool ... it's nice to be able to be there in person ... and the game is good (but short)

what's funny is that that one particular puzzle type only appears in the game when you're like 70% done with it so i can only imagine they were making the game and suddenly went like "well, we might want to have something VR-specific in there" and added those either that OR they weren't actually making that game with VR in mind (which i'm willing to believe) and only decided to go the VR route when they were already 70% done making it

either way - i'm 99.99% sure it's gonna get a non-VR version sooner or later

still - i really like it ... it's like an 8/10

but DAMN is it short ... i just checked .... took me 2h to finish it, yikes
That's very good to know, thanks for the impressions!

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
For some reason Steam has stopped saving screenshots to my chosen screenshot folder and is instead saving it to some odd remote steam folder where Steam is installed, as in, not in something like My Pictures folder.

Deleted member 113

I always enjoyed SNK games, so the recent news about the EGS store exclusivity for Samurai Shodown is a bit disappointing. Especially since I'm one of the guys that actually bought SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy, the title whose poor performance is being given as a reason for this exclusivity deal, on day one. :giggle:

But, thankfully, there's no shortage of good games to spend your money on, so I laugh a bit at this notion that developers/publishers think they dictate how and where I should buy their titles, when I can simply replace their titles with something else.

Case in point: I completely forgot that today, the latest version of Under Night In-Birth, a kick-ass series, is launching on Steam!

Humble already has the upgrade dlc, or the full pack (with game + all DLC content, old and new) available, and it should be up on Steam soon.

For those unfamiliar with the series, it's well worth a look.
Lovely graphics, catchy soundtrack, and fun gameplay, with various modes and extensive tutorials, the series is a personal favourite among "lesser" fighting games.

Speaking of the soundtrack, here's a sample track, one that almost seems like it was taken from a Castlevania game:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
After a week of doing this working from home thing, I fully realised the following:
  • Productivity is shot to hell.
  • I'm wearing trackies all day long.
  • Just having a sandwich for lunch is kind of boring since I'm living alone.
  • I played Endless Space 2 for almost the whole day yesterday.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
When did lashman get VR, wtf? Dang, Alyx approval percentage actually increased with the increased number of reviews, 98% out of 11348 (14489 posititive and 243 negative if you go down to the bottom, I dunno what the disparity suggests, what reviews don't count at the top etc., that's still over 98% though) now :d

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
We’ve issued the refund to your Steam wallet. The funds will be shown now as pending and will become available to spend within 7 days. You’ve requested a significant number of refunds recently. you have been blocked from placing refunds for the next month, please keep in mind that refunds are not a method for trying out games. If we think the refund system is being misused we’ll decline to grant future refunds.

booo

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
You’ve requested a significant number of refunds recently. you have been blocked from placing refunds for the next month
WTF that's real?
After a week of doing this working from home thing, I fully realised the following:
I'm in my 2nd week, although I worked from home here and there before.

I don't know if I'm in denial, but I'm still trying hard to focus and get work done just like I used to. I'm definitely getting stuff done, but when the going gets tough I walk away from the computer more than I would at work. So far I'm exceeding my guideline for productivity, but I'm not doing the amazing numbers I was before.

I think it's more just the state of the world than even working from home. The last day in the office I couldn't help but check my phone very often.

During the day I'll put one or more of my devices away. Meditating actually helps. I'm not one to brazenly browse the net on my work VPN connection, so putting devices away helps.

Reactions: Li Kao and Kvik

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
We’ve issued the refund to your Steam wallet. The funds will be shown now as pending and will become available to spend within 7 days. You’ve requested a significant number of refunds recently. you have been blocked from placing refunds for the next month, please keep in mind that refunds are not a method for trying out games. If we think the refund system is being misused we’ll decline to grant future refunds.

booo
They actually enforce this? I refunded so many games in december that my credit card locked me out for a month but never anything on Steam’s end.

Wild.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I could just be imaging things but the animal crossing game looks "good" on my 1440p monitor but everything thing else on my N/S looks low res. I'm just impressed is all.

Since I think I would have issues with some games on my PS4 looking strange at times and text not always looking sharp.

So the main text for the N/S still looks low res on my monitor but all of the ingame stuff for animal crossing is really sharp and easy to read.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
  • I'm wearing trackies all day long.
  • Just having a sandwich for lunch is kind of boring since I'm living alone.
  • I played Endless Space 2 for almost the whole day yesterday.
It's the end of the 2nd week of this working from home thingy for me, and things haven't really changed much tbh.
Everyone's still in contact via chat, email and the occassional voice/video conference.
It turns out I'm almost as productive even when using my gaminc PC for work stuff and being wrapped into a blanket for half the day :D

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Corona-chan shutdown the bars, I miss bar-tending so much. :(
I like mixing drinks and changing lives(tm).

On the flip-side, day job at retail is fuckin' booming. I am dying with these hours. About to work 8-days in a row, all 8-10 hour shifts. Butchering meat and feeding the people.

Folks, pls be kind to retail folks right now. Pressure is crazy high, stress is crazy high. :face-with-cold-sweat:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018

At least they changed title. After this step it's all chinese, so I have no idea what I should click.

Register takes you to regular Steam. So maybe there isn't even way to start this up :p

(Also whatever font used, can't be translated by google)

Deleted member 113

Tizoc Now I'm hoping that the rumoured Splatterhouse (2010) re-release, that was mentioned a while ago when this release was first hinted, is also true and announced soon. :)

I had a lot of fun with Splatterhouse, so much in fact that I played through the game 3 times in a row, in all the different difficulty settings, so I would love to see it available on PC, so I could play it again (my Xbox 360 broke down).

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Nope, that was the first thing I made very clear in my review. The gameplay is 90% combat, 5% puzzle solving and 5% story and exploration. It's a full-on tactical game.
Sounds like my jam then.
buy it! it's gooooooooooooooooooood!
As it turns out I already own it, must've been one of the more recent humble bundles.

Last edited:

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Played Short Hike (was free on egs) in between my HL marathon - seems like they tried to cater to nintendo nostalgia feelings, but failed to capture it. A Lot of unfunny dialogs too.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I think HLA has been a hit for Valve, based on my observations, both in terms of reception and sales.

Valve cares mostly about reception and it's sittign at almost 12k user reviews with 98% positive. Critics has highly praised it to with a lot of them a perfect scores, otherwise some 9/10s.

Sales I assume are great to even when they gave the game away for free in multiple ways. It's sitting at almost 12k user reviews after less than a week. Boneworks releases december last year is is at 10k. Oculus Store user reviews are way worse, Lone Echo is at 4,5k, Asgard's Wrath at 2.8k etc.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I think HLA has been a hit for Valve, based on my observations, both in terms of reception and sales.

Valve cares mostly about reception and it's sittign at almost 12k user reviews with 98% positive. Critics has highly praised it to with a lot of them a perfect scores, otherwise some 9/10s.

Sales I assume are great to even when they gave the game away for free in multiple ways. It's sitting at almost 12k user reviews after less than a week. Boneworks releases december last year is is at 10k. Oculus Store user reviews are way worse, Lone Echo is at 4,5k, Asgard's Wrath at 2.8k etc.
Well, I can only say that after finishing it it went directly to my GOTY 2020 place, it was an incredible experience, the last 2 chapters are completely something else, for real.

Also, it's a really polished game with great visuals plus it helps to build that idea of Half-life serving as an innovation vehicle for the media from time to time. I don't think I can't think about VR without having Alyx in mind until the next big thing comes, until that moment arrives, Alyx is the reason to have VR.

Reactions: lashman and Milena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If the Remedy Epic deal doesn't give me Alan Wake 2, that deal is the worst deal of the century, for me. Alan Wake is one of my favorite games of all time, if an full time exclusive Epic deal is what is required to make AW 2 happen, then Im okay with it.

Better that then Remedy being bought by Sony and only being able to play AW 2 on a PS5.

Reactions: Milena

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Working from home has totally worsened my buying impulses, as my brain deludes itself that it was the gas money I'm not using right now...
Anyway, I actually finished some games!

Voxelgram was really cool, I never played 3D picross games before and this was really interesting. I'll certainly check out similar games in the future.

I love this type of games and this was great. The story maps are quite short, but there's an online editor as well and I spent way too much time tinkering around my 2 maps and playing other people's creations.

And I've bought The Room VR because I have no self control and I love the series. Only played the first 2 rooms and loving it so far. It seems quite short, but it's a very good looking game in VR.

Oh, I'm still planning to play more Alyx of course. Unfortunately it seems that I can manage up to around 1-1,5 hours of VR and then I have to stop for a while, otherwise I'll get an headache (I wear glasses). So I'm taking things slow with this, but I loved every second so far :awwblob:

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Voxelgram was really cool, I never played 3D picross games before and this was really interesting. I'll certainly check out similar games in the future.
be sure to check workshop stuff ... there's pretty much another game-worth of high-quality content for it there :)

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
be sure to check workshop stuff ... there's pretty much another game-worth of high-quality content for it there :)
Oh, yes, I've completed like half of the maps available last week, some were much more difficult than the stuff in the base game :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

Reactions: lashman

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I go out of my way to use up a gift card getting Doom Eternal for the PS4. My PS4 knows what a mouse and a keyboard are right away when plugged in. Why in the fuck did they not enable keyboard+mouse support? Please add Bethesda, my computer sucks but your game is great and runs at 60fps on my PS4 slim.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Watching other people play sucks, I don't get how it's such a popular thing. When it's someone involved in the making of the game where they share stories about the game's development as they play it can be really interesting. Random people though? Fuck that.

Deleted member 113

Watching other people play sucks, I don't get how it's such a popular thing. When it's someone involved in the making of the game where they share stories about the game's development as they play it can be really interesting. Random people though? Fuck that.
I can't say I see the appeal either.
I find it perplexing how some people, not only make a living out of that, but also make more money than all of us combined, doing exactly just that. :eek:

Then again, I'm an old fart. :giggle:

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I always have a stream going on my second monitor. :p

It can be relaxing and quite fun to just be part of the chat and passively watch something while doing other things.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
In Alyx chapter 5 Northern Star. Game went from 9/10 till 10/10. Damn good chapter.
I don't have much time to play games myself. No way Im gonna use my time to watch someone else play.

Status
Not open for further replies.