Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Aegis defenders maybe?
Maybe. Thanks for the suggestion. I think I want something more clickity and less platformy. Lazy. Like beer in one hand and a mouse in the other. Aegis seems to want both of my hands at once, which is out of the question.

Maybe Sanctum 1 & 2 for that FPS TD twist. Both are really highly rated so they must be doing something right :d
I do have Super Sanctum TD. I forgot about it. I just reinstalled all 80MB of it and I'll try it tonight.

Like I'm loving that one has to shoot different parts of the robots. And it does Swedish village life so right, and growing up in a such place it does maybe make me look over many of it's flaws.
I'm intensely envious that you grew up shooting robots as a kid.
DAMN GOD!
There is no way that Rockstar and CD Projekt aren't just buying thousands of copies of their own games weekly now to keep them in the top ten at all times. Literally everyone on earth has two copies by now.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It's really stupid that a game doesn't update your playtime on Switch until it's been 10 days since you first played it. It's even more stupid there's no activity log.
oh Nintendo doing a lot of cool stuff and then just deciding to get rid of it

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Besides Half Life Alyx (second playthrough with Gnome on Hard in chapter 4 currently), and some other misc like (original) Doom, Doom mods, and more Doom in VR, Animal Crossing, etc...

I'm officially really enjoying Panzer Corps 2, probably to the greatest extent of any wargame ever. It really is a bit like Advance Wars or Wargroove with just a tripling or quadrupling of complexity, but it's such a solid video game, that it's a ton of fun.

I had to restart my Poland campaign though because I was too frivolous with my resources and I didn't see any way I'd complete a certain mission. Knowing a decent little bit about WW2 tech really helps, but it's not at all necessary. The only other wargame I ever got into was Iron Storm for Saturn - which had really great visuals but bogged down by load times as a result (imagine the little combat scenes ala Advance Wars or Wargroove only each one takes a while to load!).

Last night I also finally finished mission 20 of Myth The Fallen Lords (I think for the first time ever). I had to save and load constantly and I ended up doing the final skirmish in slow motion, micromanaging my units.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Dumb question, is Nier replicant remaster the same as the copy of my ps3 version of Nier (Its USA by the way) but you know remastered? I tried googling it and I just got confused so I'm assuming you smrt people probably know

Because it looks totally different than that game so I have no idea

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Dumb question, is Nier replicant remaster the same as the copy of my ps3 version of Nier (Its USA by the way) but you know remastered? I tried googling it and I just got confused so I'm assuming you smrt people probably know

The western version of the game is Gestalt, not Replicant.

Nier and Yonah are siblings in Replicant, but Nier is Yonah's father in Gestalt.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

Gestalt (USA Nier) and Replicant are the same game, the only difference is the main character's age, design and relationship with one of the main NPCs.

Reactions: Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
The western version of the game is Gestalt, not Replicant.

Nier and Yonah are siblings in Replicant, but Nier is Yonah's father in Gestalt.
Gestalt (USA Nier) and Replicant are the same game, the only difference is the main character's age, design and relationship with one of the main NPCs.
Alright cool so it'd basically be like an entirely new game for playing it (Not that i remember anything about it)

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I started Borderlands 3 but I’m not feeling it. Maybe I’m just weary of shooting things in the face.

But I also started (and almost finish) Ori and the Blind Forest, and that game is absolutely fantastic.

Reactions: kafiend

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Alright cool so it'd basically be like an entirely new game for playing it (Not that i remember anything about it)
Guess I'll have to keep my ps3 copy of Gestalt then, and hope i can run it in RPCS3 well enough, because I've been hoping for a remake or a remaster or just a pc version, but assumed it would never occur. This is kinda that, from what i gather the games themselves arent different aside from the main character change. I'm glad even with all the other posts in here I could actually make out that it is in fact a remake of the first {japanese version] game coming to pc. The other place's thread was a shitshow to get any info on.

With my wife using the main pc to play through Assassin's Creed II, I've been using the htpc to go through some backlog.
Finally beat Full Throttle over the weekend, very Mad Max-esque, and quite enjoyable. Fuck that minefield though, the rest of the game was good, even smart and the banter was quite funny, but those damn bunnies. Took so long to figure out... I'm too old for this shit /gruff voice

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Guess I'll have to keep my ps3 copy of Gestalt then, and hope i can run it in RPCS3 well enough, because I've been hoping for a remake or a remaster or just a pc version, but assumed it would never occur. This is kinda that, from what i gather the games themselves arent different aside from the main character change. I'm glad even with all the other posts in here I could actually make out that it is in fact a remake of the first {japanese version] game coming to pc. The other place's thread was a shitshow to get any info on.

With my wife using the main pc to play through Assassin's Creed II, I've been using the htpc to go through some backlog.
Finally beat Full Throttle over the weekend, very Mad Max-esque, and quite enjoyable. Fuck that minefield though, the rest of the game was good, even smart and the banter was quite funny, but those damn bunnies. Took so long to figure out... I'm too old for this shit /gruff voice
Funny thing about full throttle I was near the end originally and
got stuck because I didnt know screen could shift over inside the plane and it was like what the fuck am I missing to complete this until I found the right spot to shift the view over and it was like, fucking really? Lol

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Funny thing about full throttle I was near the end originally and
got stuck because I didnt know screen could shift over inside the plane and it was like what the fuck am I missing to complete this until I found the right spot to shift the view over and it was like, fucking really? Lol
My first three attempt I had the same problem. Then by accident i clicked somewhere else instead of 'run off the plane!' and saw the options reticule pop up and I was thankful, took 3 or 4 tries to realize the puzzle just be for this one. Despite liking point and click adventures, I am terrible at them. Like i'm bad at all games really, but hooo-boy am I especially bad at PNC

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I have not played Nier R.

But does that mean that the Nier Opening will be different?

If so that will sort of suck since the Nier G opening is really cool (also I hope that they keep Kaine's English VA since some companies don't always bring people back to do VA for remasters with added content)

This is spoilery but will we be keeping this opening?

oh and I hope that some of you do not like getting 100% of your achievements because unless they changed something there is one in particular that will have you save scumming the game and you might be doing that for hours at a time.......

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I guess it would be a good time to play Drakengard. Not sure I hate myself enough for that though.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Do they actually tie together? I don't understand how this series works
Yes. Not in a must play way but yeah. So all (?) of Taro’s games have multiple playthroughs necessary to reach different endings. Well, Nier world is linked to one ending of Drakengard 1.
I don’t think I’m major spoilering so no hidden tag, tell me if I should and I will gladly correct that.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Famitsu (JP) says the NieR "upgrade" is going to re-record all voices. They asked the director about new endings, and he gave a non-answer. ("I don't even know") Which may as well be yes.

New characters will appear. 9S and 2B will voice characters here. Even though the game is being made by Toylogic, Takahisa Taura from Platinum games is overseeing the design.

Release date is undecided, but they "hope" it will be this year.
============

People who preferred the dub might be getting a little nervous. Someone else mentioned it here, but Kaine and Weiss VA might not return if they intend to re-record the EN stuff too.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
People who preferred the dub might be getting a little nervous. Someone else mentioned it here, but Kaine and Weiss VA might not return if they intend to re-record the EN stuff too.

It would be a shame if they don't come back since the VA is really well done by those 2

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I guess it would be a good time to play Drakengard. Not sure I hate myself enough for that though.
I mean... it's tough.
While Nier actually plays "okay" for the time, and I don't understand why people complain about the gameplay of that game (sure, there's loads of different sequences that go in weird ways... but it's not pisstastic combat like all the darlings of the PS2 era)... Drakengard really plays like dirt.

I really want to see a proper Drakengard remake one of those days... without the censorship too. It's fucking bonkers, and it's real sad that the playable pedo is deemed unfitting for a videogame but would be the target of 99% of today's anime games. How ironic... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Li Kao

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I started Borderlands 3 but I’m not feeling it. Maybe I’m just weary of shooting things in the face.

But I also started (and almost finish) Ori and the Blind Forest, and that game is absolutely fantastic.
I almost felt the same about BL3 except I enjoyed the game up until the end but just didn't feel any need at all to run through again with other characters or do a TVHM run. I booted it last night to see if I felt like doing the new DLC, but only shot a few things in the face before saying fuck it and uninstalling.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I won't recommend it. You'll suffer a lot because the game aged really bad.

I suggest to watch Clemps' video about Drakengard and play Drakengard 3 with emulator.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Do they actually tie together? I don't understand how this series works
They do.
Short of it, there are two seperate universes (+ many different timelines), ours and that of midgard.
The Drakengard games take place in Midgard.
The NieR games take place in our world.

The connections are mostly background lore and not relevant to understand the plot of any individual game.
Without spoiling anything, there are occasional characters and even a city travelling from one universe to the other

That said, to make things a bit more complicated, Midgard isn't nessecarily a seperate universe, but just a different timeline of the same world, just on the wildly more diverging end.

But just keep on thinking of them as two seperate universes

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

Green Man Gaming is selling Mount & Blade 2 with a 17% discount, and there's a discount code on the VIP section that gives an additional 11% discount, making the game in Europe around 35,00€.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Ok, I may have to consult. In a bout of unwise boredom I tried Drakengard.
And once you get past the camera/side jumps/draw distance FROM HELL, it is... enjoyable ? In a very brain dead way, because the gameplay is super barebone, but... yeah.
What is happening to me ? :fearful-face:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
And once you get past the camera/side jumps/draw distance FROM HELL, it is... enjoyable ? In a very brain dead way, because the gameplay is super barebone, but... yeah.
Symptoms of COVID:
Becoming so bored of isolation that you syat to appreciate ye olde janky euro rpgs

Reactions: Li Kao

Deleted member 113

New Euro Truck Simulator 2/American Truck Simulator event:

Workshop paintjobs for the event:

Reactions: lashman

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
The game is a legendary, infuriating, repetitive, horrible, exciting, infamous, creepy, disturbing, mindbending, terrorizing, frightening, unique, one of a kind, enticing, captivating, tedious, absolutely unfun, mess of a must-play

Enjoyable however is not an adjective I would use

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I completely forgot what kind of game Mount & Blade is and what you actually do in the game. Might install Warband again to see if I like the type of game.

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Just wrapped up Alyx at 13h. What an amazing ride that was especially the last chapter made me grin on several occasions.

It's funny how we went from "Valve doesn't make any games" to "no one makes games like Valve does". Can't wait to see what crazy stuff they'll come up with in next HL.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
One of my installed Steam games (The Witcher 2) goes undetected all of a sudden. It's not listed on my installed games and I can only install it from the game hub. The game files are still intact in the storage and the appmanifest file is there too. I just played the game earlier this morning (~12 hours ago).

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
The game is a legendary, infuriating, repetitive, horrible, exciting, infamous, creepy, disturbing, mindbending, terrorizing, frightening, unique, one of a kind, enticing, captivating, tedious, absolutely unfun, mess of a must-play

Enjoyable however is not an adjective I would use
Just got out of another session, and yeah, I enjoyed it :sweaty-blob:
The music is horrible / good, the sky fights have a nice arcadey feel, the absolutely ridiculously unnecessary quasi side-scroller levels are inoffensive and generally precede some story times.
Yeah, gameplay wise, it's also terrible. I suppose the mood sells it.

I think I just unlocked pedo guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.