Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
ok I have 3 big questions on HL Alyx

ok so how did the Combine capture the G-Man exactly?

No idea on how the unseen female voice that was talking to the Combine was?

Also, how do the events of HL ALyx lead in to HL2? Considering they're never mentioned by Eli or Alyx and Russel isn't mentioned or seen, plus the fate of Alyx from the ending in HL: Alyx makes it strained for how she can still be in HL2 and the episodes?

Oh, and yes I can certainly realistically see HL3 being in VR now, but I don't think it's a clad iron guarantee.

Reactions: Mor

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
DuskGolem talks next years Resident Evil, been in dev since late 2016, biggest departure for the series.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
That Bannerlord release makes me warm and fuzzy inside :).

Not only did they take the time to make the game, they were met with a rather thunderous reception. I think I'm going to wait a little to dive in, Early Access and all that but I'm very glad for them. I loved M&B and I wonder how well this one will click this time around.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
All this time I was wondering why Steam wasn't downloading updates automatically anymore. Turns out I had scheduled updates enabled

Also, fuck Dishonored 2. Was trying to do a non-kill run and what does the game do? Gives me 5 kils when I was using sleep darts

Reactions: Li Kao and Swenhir

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
wtf, why can't I access Bannerlord streams on twitch?
it says they are not available

nevermind, I can't access any streams on twitch

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
AAAAAAAAHHHH YEAAAAA

I never stopped believin'

Can I play Drakengard on a PS2 emulator?

Or do all of the emulators have issues playing that game?
It can require some tweaking, but you can get it to work almost flawlessly
Gears Tactics suddenly got a 17% pre-order discount. No idea when.
Doesn't have one for me

Still too expensive either way

Reactions: PC-tan

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
DuskGolem talks next years Resident Evil, been in dev since late 2016, biggest departure for the series.

Biggest departure for the series...hmm.

Its probably a Dead Rising style RE game. Open world RE would be the only thing that you can call a departure.

That would rule out Revelations 3 since a big open world thing wouldn't be episodic. So its probably RE8.

Open world with several characters/storylines like RE6. Maybe some type of co-op as well. Could be amazing if done right.

SaberVS7

Average Date a Live Enjoyer
Jan 23, 2020
So, finally finished Alyx. Well, that was something.

Now I can finally freely browse the internet again fearlessly.

Guess I'll get back to my Cold Steel 3 playthrough.

Reactions: lazerfox and Arsene

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Will the next RE game be an online horror survival game?

Sort of like what ever Metal Gear Survive was but better? What are those types of games called? Since I know that they are still popular now.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Will the next RE game be an online horror survival game?

Sort of like what ever Metal Gear Survive was but better? What are those types of games called? Since I know that they are still popular now.
If its really 5 years of dev time....they will turn the franchise into Monster Hunter or Destiny.

Its kind of exciting. Just to see if the RE engine can pull it off.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Gears Tactics suddenly got a 17% pre-order discount. No idea when.
Still €70 here. 😟

We should keep complaining about the price on the Steam forums. You never know...
Also, fuck Dishonored 2. Was trying to do a non-kill run and what does the game do? Gives me 5 kils when I was using sleep darts
Unless these guys suffocated or fell to death, that's very strange. I managed to complete every level without killing if I remember correctly.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Trust me, if the game says they are dead, then they are dead. It could also be that you simply caused their death indirectly much later, Dishonored 2 has insane levels of reactivity.

Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
All this time I was wondering why Steam wasn't downloading updates automatically anymore. Turns out I had scheduled updates enabled

Reminds me when I was playing Thief 3 and was also going for no kills, but turns out, using sleeping dart on someone that then falls into fire counts as a kill.XD

Reactions: Aaron D.

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
I thought this was interesting:

Apparently Doom sold about as much on Steam as on the consoles combined -- not what I'd usually expect for a AAA game, and especially not in this case where most of the cheaper keys aren't Steam keys.
(Note: I don't know how good playtracker estimates are -- they are pretty decent for ToCS on Steam though)
I think Doom Eternal is the first ever game I've bought for full-price on Steam itself. I either buy on sale or buy from a reseller. But with the work from home, my desire to play the game soon and not going near bethesda.net I actually bought it for full price.

Reactions: LEANIJA

SaberVS7

Average Date a Live Enjoyer
Jan 23, 2020
Also, I must say it is extremely fortuitous timing that I binge-watched

Madoka Magica

just a few days before Alyx came out :V

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Also, I must say it is extremely fortuitous timing that I binge-watched

Madoka Magica

just a few days before Alyx came out :V
Having finished Alyx and having seen "only" a single episode of
Madoka Magica
you literally just spoiled
Madoka Magica
for me...

(but I don't care)

Reactions: prudis

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
No platform option for my W101 Kickstarter survey.

If Physical PC is actually possible, I want it damnit!

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
ok I have 3 big questions on HL Alyx

ok so how did the Combine capture the G-Man exactly?

No idea on how the unseen female voice that was talking to the Combine was?

Also, how do the events of HL ALyx lead in to HL2? Considering they're never mentioned by Eli or Alyx and Russel isn't mentioned or seen, plus the fate of Alyx from the ending in HL: Alyx makes it strained for how she can still be in HL2 and the episodes?

Oh, and yes I can certainly realistically see HL3 being in VR now, but I don't think it's a clad iron guarantee.
1 -
He planned everything all along and let them capture him so Alyx proved worthy.
2 -
Most of us think she is Mossman, She appears as "scientist" at credits
3 -
multiple timelines or mental manipulation from G-man, still unclear but the last level is pretty clarifying visually as multiple dimensions collide :)

No platform option for my W101 Kickstarter survey.

If Physical PC is actually possible, I want it damnit!
Yes, PC Physical is possible.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018

Finally played through this. Really cute little platformer. It controls really well and and the soundtrack is fantastic. A lil bit on the easy side, and the hitboxes on enemies are awful, but I do heartily recommend this if you're looking something to satisfy that Mario 64 + Collect - A - Thon itch

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
TFW when you're locked out of max BracerDetective Points in the Prologue part of the game.
(And I went through it with a bloody guide - either the guide is wrong, or the Geofront patch broke something).
:negative-blob: :notlikethisblob: :surrenderblob: :suicide-blob:

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
TFW when you're locked out of max BracerDetective Points in the Prologue part of the game.
(And I went through it with a bloody guide - either the guide is wrong, or the Geofront patch broke something).
The guide is wrong in at least two spots - prologue and somewhere in chapter 2 or 3 (main quest). I went into chapter 4 missing 5 points in total.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
If you're following the guide that I'm thinking of, pretty sure that the author fucked some things up. If the kids got hit in the Geofront, you can bet it's that. Easy to miss.
There's a little margin to reach first grade without all the points, but I don't know how much.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
If you're following the guide that I'm thinking of, pretty sure that the author fucked some things up. If the kids got hit in the Geofront, you can bet it's that. Easy to miss.
There's a little margin to reach first grade without all the points, but I don't know how much.
Nah, I got maximum (1+5) points for that quest.
The last one, Quarrel Arbitration is where I'm missing 2 points. No idea what I'd do wrong.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Nah, I got maximum (1+5) points for that quest.
The last one, Quarrel Arbitration is where I'm missing 2 points. No idea what I'd do wrong.
Did you win the fight in 32 turns or less? You have to bring Wald's HP to 0 to count as a win. Anything else is 1 DP instead of 3.

Reactions: Kvik

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So last week HL:A had a MC score of 92, it is now at 94

P5R has a score of something like 94 and it may go down or by a point or it may go up and stay at 95 or something like that.

I didn't know that P5 had gotten a 93 score.

My CE already shipped and I should be getting it later this week I think (but I don't know when I will get around to playing it).

I never finished my P5 playthrough, is there any reason for me to finish that playthrough instead of just starting a new on P5R asides from P5S?

Status
Not open for further replies.