Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Well that's Bannerlord bought, don't know when I will have time for it as Im playing some other stuff now, but I will at least check the game out for some mins.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
One of my installed Steam games (The Witcher 2) goes undetected all of a sudden. It's not listed on my installed games and I can only install it from the game hub. The game files are still intact in the storage and the appmanifest file is there too. I just played the game earlier this morning (~12 hours ago).

Has anyone experienced something similar?
Not without messing around myself with the files. Does installing the game, then closing steam, pasting them in and validating them make Steam redownload it all?

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Not without messing around myself with the files. Does installing the game, then closing steam, pasting them in and validating them make Steam redownload it all?
Yeah, reinstalling the game fixed it.

But it was kinda weird, because my Steam's settings have completely reset to default too, from library to friends.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
RE3 not scoring as good is a bit disappointing. Not sure if I want to blow $60.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I knew it was going to be big (just not that big at launch), because the number of Steam followers was ridiculously high.

That is more than 4 times the number of followers of HLA.

It is similar to Cyberpunk 2077 in terms of hype.

Reactions: TheTrain

Deleted member 113

I did not expect people were so much into M&B.
I'm surprised as well.

But I did my part. ;)

I bought Mount & Black, well before it launched on Steam, from the developer's website, in 2004 or 2005, and watched it grow for a mostly empty buggy game, to a game that still features my favourite combat mechanics in the genre.
Funnily enough, I played so many hours of the numerous versions throughout the years, but barely played the "final" version. :giggle:

Mount & Blade 2 looks like M&B, but bigger, and prettier, so naturally this one was a day one purchase for me.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
162k ccu atm, absolutely impressive.

For reference, here are a few of the biggest Steam releases in 2020.

Wolcen was 127,5k
Doom Eternal was 104,8k
Borderlands 3 was 93,8k
HL:A was 42,8k
Temtem was 39,7k
Metro Exodus was 15,3k

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

Just goes to show, that there are just many people on Steam that any niche genre has enough fans that if you make a good enough game for them it will sell.
Yeah.
And it helps that this game is expected to have a healthy modding community, like the previous games did.

As a side note, it's always nice to see "one of the little guys", in this case an indie developer from Turkey, outselling games from the big studios.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I can't promise anything, but i MIGHT have a second copy i'm willing to part with, but i only know when they start sending out steamkeys

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Yeah I was bummed that I couldnt afford it at launch but now I’m not so sad. I still want it obviously but $80 for a 5 hour game is not something I’d be okay with even if I could afford it.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

With this, the free weekend Breakpoint just had and Division 2s fire sale, I wonder if Ubi regrets the Epic deal, especially with how much Steam has been climbing up in ccu the last few weeks.

So Division 2 and Breakpoint could be full Uplay/EGS exclusive, but they could also just be timed considering they did extend the deal.

Not that I really care, bought Divison 2 for cheap through CDKeys a while back and quit after a few hours, got too boring and tried the Breakpoint free weekend, also boring. Well, Breakpoint was fun until I got access to the camp or whatever you wanna call it, 30-40 min into the game.

Reactions: Li Kao and Arsene

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I can't promise anything, but i MIGHT have a second copy i'm willing to part with, but i only know when they start sending out steamkeys
Thank you so much Hektor kun <3 but sadly I don’t have my PC anymore, I was going to buy in on PS/Xbox

Reactions: Li Kao

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So Division 2 and Breakpoint could be full Uplay/EGS exclusive, but they could also just be timed considering they did extend the deal.
At this point, I just don't know anymore :confounded-face:

If I had to guess, if they come back to Steam they will do it the same way EA, with their subscription system.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I thought this was interesting:

Apparently Doom sold about as much on Steam as on the consoles combined -- not what I'd usually expect for a AAA game, and especially not in this case where most of the cheaper keys aren't Steam keys.
(Note: I don't know how good playtracker estimates are -- they are pretty decent for ToCS on Steam though)

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
holy moly, the Bannerlord 2 download size is 31 gigs and install size 63 gigs

I hope it is as good long-term as warband.

Deleted member 113

Mount & Blade 2 is approaching 170.000 players, and it currently has more people playing than GTA V, and Football Manager 2020 (currently free to play).

Rather impressive stats.

MetaMember
Oct 20, 2018
Bannerlord would probably remain this year's biggest launch if it wasn't for Cyberpunk.
Imagine the numbers if its regional pricing wasn't so shitty

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Just goes to show, that there are just many people on Steam that any niche genre has enough fans that if you make a good enough game for them it will sell.
Also they've been hard at work feeding their community information, doing betas and so on, the relase couldn't have come at a better time for them but the ramp up couldn't have been handled much better either

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Apparently Doom sold about as much on Steam as on the consoles combined -- not what I'd usually expect for a AAA game, and especially not in this case where most of the cheaper keys aren't Steam keys.
(Note: I don't know how good playtracker estimates are -- they are pretty decent for ToCS on Steam though)
LittleDinamit says they're pretty accurate :)

apparently more accurate than Sergey's :p

Also they've been hard at work feeding their community information, doing betas and so on, the relase couldn't have come at a better time for them but the ramp up couldn't have been handled much better either
they also could've not fucked up the regional pricing

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Managing Steam Bandwidth During COVID-19 Pandemic

Managing Steam Bandwidth During COVID-19 Pandemic
We know a lot of you (like us here at Valve) are stuck at home right now trying to work or attend school remotely. Or maybe you're just playing a bunch of great games on Steam. Whatever the case may be, we know that with so many people at home trying to get things done at the same time, it can put a stress on your home’s internet bandwidth.

With that in mind, we thought it was a good time to remind everyone of some of the features the Steam client offers relating to downloads, so that you can manage your home bandwidth and help everyone in your house handle this unique situation we all find ourselves in.

Changes to Auto-Updating to Spread Out Peak Load
For games that haven’t been played recently, Steam has already been scheduling updates for the next off-peak local time period. Beginning this week, we are now spreading these updates out over several more days. Only games played within the last 3 days will be updated immediately. As always, the game will begin updating immediately if you request to play it, and you can always initiate an update (or pause it indefinitely) through the Download Manager. We’re also looking into additional solutions to help on our side.

Options You Can Control
In addition to changes Steam is making to auto-updating, we wanted to remind you that there are also a number of options you can control. We believe that the best solution for most users is to take advantage of Steam’s existing throttling and scheduling features to set their own optimal behavior. So here are some suggestions – follow this link for more details on how-to:
  • Schedule auto-update windows! This will ensure that Steam doesn’t start updating a game while you’re in the middle of your work day.
  • If you don’t play a game in your library often, you can keep it installed but choose to no longer download automatic updates.
  • You can self-throttle your own connection to Steam. This might ease the load on your network connection, and may help ease bandwidth loads if network traffic in your area needs to be reduced.
  • Take advantage of Library Folders settings, so you can move infrequently-played games from an SSD to a storage HDD. This is usually better for you (and your bandwidth) rather than uninstalling the game and needing to re-download it later.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
they also could've not fucked up the regional pricing

Reactions: lashman and Arsene

LittleDinamit

MetaMember
Dec 23, 2019

LittleDinamit says they're pretty accurate :)

apparently more accurate than Sergey's :p
Nothing's ever 100% with the methods us and SteamSpy use, but in recent memory we've been more accurate than SteamSpy for any game where official data was released to confirm, so I'm pretty confident in our Steam figures. Numbers are still rising for all platforms, for example the console sales ballpark has now moved from 250-400 to 300-450 (our console stuff is still in beta thus the wider margin of error).

Just guessing, but the COVID-19 situation might have moved a lot of launch weekend physical sales further down the line, which would explain the flattened launch sale curve on console.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
If you don't already own the Deus Ex games and want to give them a try nows a pretty good time to do so.

The gaming community knows the importance of uniting in the face of adversity. In this spirit, we’d like to inspire everyone to make an impact: even from quarantine, you can help those in need in the difficult situation caused by COVID-19. Eidos-Montréal and Square Enix will make a donation to Food Banks of Quebec in an amount equal to the proceeds Square Enix receives from purchases of games in the Deus Ex franchise on Steam between March 30, 2020 at 12am, and April 1, 2020 at 11:59pm PDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.