Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
i don't know ... i just don't have that much time to play games, unfortunately :(

i spend most of my days looking for work and trying not to starve
If you spend most of the days looking for work and not trying to starve, you should at least not buy anymore games and play the games you already have. I of course dont know how often you buy games these days, but I know you bought a lot before.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Ubi scum saw gaben delete games from appearing on profile and went 'hold my beer, we'll just delete them from accounts, no wait we'll just wipe the accounts'.
I'm pretty sure it's illegal, and what gaben does as well, bunch of scumfucks, don't buy anything on their stores :steam_cleanseal:

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and inky

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

Starting today, all existing owners of The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope will gain access to a free Friend’s Pass* – allowing players to experience one full playthrough of the game via Multiplayer Shared Story mode with a friend that does not own the game.

• Gib
Reactions: lashman

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
So is that an official release date announcement for the PC version of Cold Steel 4?
April 9? Durante can you comment? Don't want you to get in trouble though if that's a leak or something going around.

• Eyes
Reactions: prudis and lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
So is that an official release date announcement for the PC version of Cold Steel 4?
April 9? Durante can you comment? Don't want you to get in trouble though if that's a leak or something going around.
I can comment to say that at this point I actually don't know any official release date ;)

I do know that it won't release in March since we can't fix all the stuff PC QA found in that timeframe.

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018

This is what was shown on the stream, but NISA hasn't announced it on their Twitter so I have no idea what's going on.

• Gib
  • Eyes
Reactions: Kvik and QFNS

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Loop Hero being ovver 50k viewers on Twitch made me think of back when Destruction All Stars releases on PS5 and how people thought it would do great on Twitch.

Seems like a lot of Playstation players don't realize that to do great on Twitch the game also need to be on PC. The biggest and bigger streamers mainly or only play on PC.

If Sony wants TLOU 2 Factions to thrive on Twitch for more than...2 days, they need to put the game on PC too.

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: Prodigy

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
if april 9th date for Cold Steel 4 is true, it's time to start planning my 2 (replay) --> 3 -->4 bingeplay session

Reactions: QFNS

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Hell yes to Soul Nomad. Hope Makai Kingdom and La Pucelle: Tactics are coming too. Also more Cavyhouse is great. :face-throwing-a-kiss:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Devs/pubs need to tag their Steam pages better. Was worried Loop Hero wasn't gonna have cloud support, but it does, just the store page doesn't have it tagged. This is far from the first time dev hasn't correctly tagged their steam game page.

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I finished Iconoclasts.
Hoo boy, that was a ride. :sweaty-blob:
The dialog felt a bit strange at times, but the world and story are fascinating. Things get weird. It's also surprisingly brutal and dark.
I'm not entirely sure I understood everything, the game certainly juggles a lot of elements and is quite happy to not spell everything out. Still, really interesting stuff.

If you're looking to play a good Metroidvania though, then stop. It's not a good Metroidvania, I'd argue it shouldn't even have that tag. There's not much to explore and the "upgrade" system in the game might as well not exist, it changes nothing.

It's however a very nice story-driven, linear action/puzzle platformer with a heavy focus on boss fights. Sometimes I found them to communicate what you're expected to do badly, but everall they're all very good and certainly the highlight alongside the story.
Game looks great too and the soundtrack is decent.

Definitely worth checking out!

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'll admit, I'm both glad for Elite players and a little underwhelmed. Planet terrain is looking a bit denser, no doubt because of consoles holding it back. The whole thing just... lack the juice that Elite is filled to the brim with. Guns sound meh, gunplay seems rather undercooked for now and AI is mostly inactive. I do like what they hint at with the tools though, that one is nice!

Overall, I'd say it's looking pretty okay, especially for a pre-alpha. I don't think it's going to rock the gaming world though.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Steam250 has a new feature on some store pages:

TIL there is a Hungarian website recommending similar games as well:

Games similar to Valheim

The top results based on the latest update are Out of Reach [Score: 3.6], Road to Eden [Score: 3.4] and Raft [Score: 3.4].

The top rated games you can find here are Terraria [SteamPeek Rating: 13.0] ranked #16, Unturned [SteamPeek Rating: 11.8] ranked #190 and The Forest [SteamPeek Rating: 11.6] ranked #126.

Also don't forget to check the newest releases Breathedge [Release date: 2021-02-25] ranked #128, Survival Vacancy [Release date: 2021-02-19] ranked #205 and Bromeliad [Release date: 2021-01-30] ranked #119.

While it is tempting to play with the newest and the best, there might be some other gems in the results, like Creativerse [SteamPeek Rating: 8.3] ranked #52, Savage Lands [SteamPeek Rating: 4.8] ranked #54 and Life is Feudal: Your Own [SteamPeek Rating: 5.9] ranked #61.

Reactions: Pommes and Tomasety

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Valve posted Artifact updates.

Steam :: Artifact :: The Future of Artifact

It's now been about a year and a half since the current Artifact team began work on a reboot in [UWSL]earnest[/UWSL]. While we're reasonably satisfied we accomplished most of our game-side goals, we haven't managed to get the active player numbers to a level that justifies further development at this time. As such, we've made the tough decision to stop development on the Artifact 2.0 Beta.
Artifact 2.0 is now Artifact Foundry and is now just out. You can download it via the Artifact page.

You can still play Artifact classic.

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

Artifact Foundry is now just out. You can download it via the Artifact page.

I REALLY LIKED THE GAME :(

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
well they said its "NIS Classics Vol. 1" so that implies there will be at least Vol 2
Yes those games are probably locked but would just like a confirmation! Maybe bring some stuff that didn't make it over like the Marl Kingdom. Maybe they can bring over GrimGrimoire. I've seen a lot of potential ports from Japanese developer to be made but they're either slow on the uptake or worst they just never follow up. Though NIS have been doing good on Disgaea so hope is not lost

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018

Artifact 2.0 is now Artifact Foundry and is now just out. You can download it via the Artifact page.

You can still play Artifact classic.

Such a bummer. How a company with the funds of Valve can mismanage a project like that is beyond me.

Citing player numbers while doing a closed beta is a galaxy brain move

Status
Not open for further replies.