Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I need to play some short action game or something asap. Wasteland 2 is good but overstaying its welcome hard. Very verbose. Angel Oracle main plot was a good idea poorly executed imho. I need to play a game that won't feel like reading a novel.

Reactions: MegaApple

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I need to play some short action game or something asap. Wasteland 2 is good but overstaying its welcome hard. Very verbose. Angel Oracle main plot was a good idea poorly executed imho. I need to play a game that won't feel like reading a novel.
Have you played Blasphemous?

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Speaking of anime, New Game+ Expo 2021 is going live later today.

Is it one expo where publishers usually announce games ? Kinda stupid question, but I mean, there are expos during the year (like the one some time after E3) when you know there WILL be announcements, and I don't know if it's one of those.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I think the jokes about anime are wearing a bit thin there. It's a form of entertainment and there's a lot of fantastic work out there in that specific medium. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood but I feel that it's a heartening things to see a movie break these records in a climate where cinemas are being completely destroyed by the pandemic.

Now if they could actually share that wealth with animators...

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Humble bundle bases region from the payment address right? So if I use my Taiwanese card with my US address on PayPal, would I get my region based in the US?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Let me know if you desire any assistance young padawan.

• Hug

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Is it one expo where publishers usually announce games ? Kinda stupid question, but I mean, there are expos during the year (like the one some time after E3) when you know there WILL be announcements, and I don't know if it's one of those.
Yep, you can refer to the previous one for the announcement back then. There will be announcement incoming.

• Love

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
How finished / polished is Valheim? Im tempted by it but dont usually start playing early access games until they are released fully.
I'm 25h into the game and seems pretty much a finished product to me. Could be better performance wise, but game mechanics are polished and there is plenty of content

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Hyper Light Drifter. I think there is actually zero reading aside from menu text. Brilliant.

• This!
Reactions: Swenhir and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Thought I could pick up Dragon Quest Builders 2 in the GMG sale when their Square Enix part of the sale started but I guess I should've expected that "Square Enix sale" means "Eidos sale" 9 times out of 10 at this point

Lol, eat shit SQEX.

• This!
Reactions: Ge0force

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019

It's a thread. That I made. You can reply in it.
I won't resent.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
played some Marquette last night and its been good so far. very minimal instructions if at all, nice little story to it so far, and a great soundtrack

Reactions: Ge0force

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I think the jokes about anime are wearing a bit thin there. It's a form of entertainment and there's a lot of fantastic work out there in that specific medium. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood but I feel that it's a heartening things to see a movie break these records in a climate where cinemas are being completely destroyed by the pandemic.

Now if they could actually share that wealth with animators...
It's just for fun, I don't think anyone is serious about it. I don't watch anime but I don't complain that every monthly thread has several pages of posts about anime or gifs about anime or banter about anime. I find it amusing.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Yep, you can refer to the previous one for the announcement back then. There will be announcement incoming.
if this is like the one last year, it'll mostly be otome visual novels and waifu titty JRPGs, but we'll see

Only streaming on Twitch, not YouTube, for whatever reason

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
It's just for fun, I don't think anyone is serious about it. I don't watch anime but I don't complain that every monthly thread has several pages of posts about anime or gifs about anime or banter about anime. I find it amusing.
I know, your post was pretty innocuous and clearly tongue in cheek. It's just that all the stuff about anime has been mounting up and I started feeling uneasy about it, on top of a pretty shitty night. No worries :).

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Anyone know if the 10% discount bonus from EA Access on Steam applies to pre orders?

*Got my eyes on Mass Effect Trilogy 👀

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Loop Hero demo was pretty good. Hoping to see some good impressions from the full game.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
How finished / polished is Valheim? Im tempted by it but dont usually start playing early access games until they are released fully.
After 60h of playtime, I'd say it's pretty damn polished. Could use some optimization obviously (that usually comes late in development) but it's fairly polished and I really haven't experienced much (or any, tbh) bugginess. Other than some late-game biomes that aren't in the game yet, if you had told me it was a finished product I would've believed you.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
This looked neat.

The game could be really interesting, I reserve judgement until I see some user reviews. That being said, I get the feeling you couldn't make an uglier representation of farming if you tried.
The game page really had to tell me it's about farming, because otherwise, yeah... :neutral-face:

Durante ALERT
PHANTOM BRAVE REMASTERED
PossiblyPudding If we can get these lazy bums to play together again. This may be fun !
Pinging
all of META !

• Hug
Reactions: PossiblyPudding
Status
Not open for further replies.