Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Yeah, because to those people, indie games aren't worth the attention and money. For "free" though? It's probably worth a shot.

Just see the pattern when a new/interesting indie game is announced, the first reactions are usually something like these:

"Oh this might be a cool PS+ game"
"Interesting, I'll play it on Gamepass"
I'm going to pay attention to this from now on because I do have some doubts that people says that and if they do just wow. People are really out of touch.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I'm little late to the Color/Colour discussion, but once I almost fucked up a photo gig because I didn't realise there is a difference in color profiles for MacBook Pro between Apple Color and Apple Colour. All photos came out way to saturated but since I had already delivered them when I realised the difference I just had to pretend it was intentional!

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I wonder if Respawn will add gyro aim to Apex on PC.

Or did Epic and other have it where Gyro Aim was a N/S only thing and never updated that to the PC or PS4 versions of the games?

Reactions: Stevey

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm little late to the Color/Colour discussion, but once I almost fucked up a photo gig because I didn't realise there is a difference in color profiles for MacBook Pro between Apple Color and Apple Colour. All photos came out way to saturated but since I had already delivered them when I realised the difference I just had to pretend it was intentional!
As a fellow photographer, that's absolutely horrifying. I'm glad the client didn't get upset, but I'd absolutely kick the software's ass into absolutely compliance for the next couple millenias in your shoes.

Edit : Also, fuck MS for the 70€ price, which they have started to use as a standard since FS2020 iirc.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
It's a really weird way to think. We're over 10 years since the "indie revolution" started and so many people still treat them as "not real games" or "cheap substitutes".
It baffles me how can anyone think AAA games are the only thing worth playing when we've had, off the top of my head, Celeste, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Hyper Light Drifter, Transistor, Isaac, and so many others in these last few years. Fuck it, give me any of these over another over-the-shoulder 3rd-person action-adventure sony shooty-bang-bang.
I have nothing against 3rd person action Sony shooty bang bang, I actually enjoyed a good amount of them and some of them aren't even shooters. But I generally agree with you, most of the indie games won't even reach consoles in the first place if they're not successful on PC at first. There was a time when we regularly see the headline: "X indie game sold best on Switch", but let's be real those are because the system was still new and has no games yet. The fact that we never see the similar headline after 2018 proves it.

I'm going to pay attention to this from now on because I do have some doubts that people says that and if they do just wow. People are really out of touch.
You either never pay attention to them or missed them. It's quite a common discourse, actually. This is just what I found from a quick search for a single game, there are way more if I put the effort into it.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I have nothing against 3rd person action Sony shooty bang bang, I actually enjoyed a good amount of them and some of them aren't even shooters. But I generally agree with you, most of the indie games won't even reach consoles in the first place if they're not successful on PC at first. There was a time when we regularly see the headline: "X indie game sold best on Switch", but let's be real those are because the system was still new and has no games yet. The fact that we never see the similar headline after 2018 proves it.

You either never pay attention to them or missed them. It's quite a common discourse, actually. This is just what I found from a quick search for a single game, there are way more if I put the effort into it.
[Hidden content]
Okay in a way I can see where they are coming from and I guess that Sony and MS have sort of set these expectations.

With the PS5 among the first PS5 PS+ titles was Bugsnax. There have been a number of games that launch day 1 on Gamepass.

But I guess since a lot of people on PS seem to care about AAA titles (at least 10 million) and I think PS+ has like over 40 million subs that they don't all play online games and would like to get something out of PS+.

Oh also there was Fall Guys and stuff.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Okay in a way I can see where they are coming from and I guess that Sony and MS have sort of set these expectations.

With the PS5 among the first PS5 PS+ titles was Bugsnax. There have been a number of games that launch day 1 on Gamepass.

But I guess since a lot of people on PS seem to care about AAA titles (at least 10 million) and I think PS+ has like over 40 million subs that they don't all play online games and would like to get something out of PS+.

Oh also there was Fall Guys and stuff.
Yeah, it's on MS and Sony. It trains people to not buy indie games because everyone now expect to play them for free, whether at launch or down the line.

Similar thing is happening on EGS, where people expect free games instead of simply buy them from the store.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Weekly update is done

One thing I want to say after doing this:

Square, you are so stupid for accepting moneyhats, literally selling Outriders like hot cakes which is a game that didn't had great expectations and the one IP that Nomura fans have been asking for ages you go timed exclusive and full price for each individual product, master of finances haha

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hades is incredible. When you think you are tired of it, there is always something, gameplay or plot, to get you back in.
I love that it's, to me at least, so button mashy while the player is always very much in control.

And I think about buying the OST just for Good Riddance.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Pretty much, yeah, and in one year people jumping in again, because this is life's cycle. :upside-down-face:
Well I was waiting for Kingdom Hearts on PC since forever, but if it's not significantly cheaper than the current 230€ price for everything when it releases on Steam, I'm happy to keep waiting some more.

Edit: Wait, Melody of Memory is just rhythm spin-off? Okay then it comes down to 170€.
Still, you can get the All-in-On Package on PS4 for 50€ and the Re:Mind DLC for 30€, that's half of the PC price and thats ignoring the discounts they already have.

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Well I was waiting for Kingdom Hearts on PC since forever, but if it's not significantly cheaper than the current 230€ price for everything when it releases on Steam, I'm happy to keep waiting some more.

Edit: Wait, Melody of Memory is just rhythm spin-off? Okay then it comes down to 170€.
Still, you can get the All-in-On Package on PS4 for 50€ and the Re:Mind DLC for 30€, that's half of the PC price and thats ignoring the discounts they already have.
Square will get my money with Nier, SaGa frontier and Legend of Mana, that's it, it's nuts that this pack is cheaper than KH on PC :S

FF7R mor? I'm curious but I don't like their content model, perhaps when it's cheaper down the line at some point in the future.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I think the complete Kingdom Hearts collection, minus the rhythm game, is about £150. Meanwhile, it's £50 for the All In One pack on PS4.

I'm not being funny, but no collection of old games is worth £150, especially not Kingdom Hearts which - the first one at least - has tedious gameplay, and the series as as a whole has a shit story.

But honestly, the more I think about KH, the more I think this is a Disney thing as much, if not more, than it is a Square Enix thing.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I think the complete Kingdom Hearts collection, minus the rhythm game, is about £150. Meanwhile, it's £50 for the All In One pack on PS4.

I'm not being funny, but no collection of old games is worth £150, especially not Kingdom Hearts which - the first one at least - has tedious gameplay, and the series as as a whole has a shit story.

But honestly, the more I think about KH, the more I think this is a Disney thing as much, if not more, than it is a Square Enix thing.
To be fair the All In One Pack does not include the KH3 DLC, which is 30€ and bundled with the main game on PC.
That's still double the price on PC.

A price I'd be okay with would maybe be 30€ for the 1.5+2.5 collection and 50€ for 2.8 + 3 and DLC (all the UE4 games).

Reactions: lashman

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Atom RPG is amazing. Russians are hands down carrying the RPG department now. Can't wait for Pathfinder: WotR and Owlcat has a sci-fi RPG in their sleeve as well (probably Starfinder). Encased is a bit of a wild card since there's no telling how it will turn out yet, but it's promising at least.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Atom RPG is amazing. Russians are hands down carrying the RPG department now. Can't wait for Pathfinder: WotR and Owlcat has a sci-fi RPG in their sleeve as well (probably Starfinder). Encased is a bit of a wild card since there's no telling how it will turn out yet, but it's promising at least.
Yup, I love Russians, they're my new hero.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Hades is incredible. When you think you are tired of it, there is always something, gameplay or plot, to get you back in.
I love that it's, to me at least, so button mashy while the player is always very much in control.

And I think about buying the OST just for Good Riddance.
I bought Hades this year and put more than 50 hours into it already, it an amazing game.

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
In Control, lip sync with the French voices is wrong, but I can forgive that However, the animation of faces is so weird that it looks like retro-gaming.

That's just Remedy face. Their face animation has always been whack. I kinda like it. Makes it feel like an old TV show that's been obviously dubbed over.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
No PC rating, guess we'll have to wait a while still
I'd love to get Nocturne on PC to support Atlus on the platform, but it's one of my favorite RPGs of all time and I'm impatient so I'll probably just wind up getting it on console and maybe grab the PC version on a deep sale. Manual skill inheritance by itself is worth $60.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Reminder that Nocturne HD is still 30 FPS on PS4 and Switch and that would simply not fly on PC. It will probably take some time to sort it out and offer at least 60 FPS.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
No PC rating, guess we'll have to wait a while still
Not really? Persona 5 Strikers wasn't rated for PC at first and it was announced for it still, and in any case, June is around the corner so I could see them doing a P4G announcement.

We will see.
Reminder that Nocturne HD is still 30 FPS on PS4 and Switch and that would simply not fly on PC. It will probably take some time to sort it out and offer at least 60 FPS.
Would not be the first game locked at 30fps on PC coming from a Japanese developer xD

Status
Not open for further replies.