Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Not really? Persona 5 Strikers wasn't rated for PC at first
Pretty sure it was. Not in Japan obviously, but ESRB came with PC from the start.
Would not be the first game locked at 30fps on PC coming from a Japanese developer xD
We're in 2021, I honestly don't remember the last Japanese game that launched 30 FPS. Some ports of older Atelier games maybe? There would be a shitstorm if it was locked to 30 FPS, rightfully so. What's even the point of doing a remaster and charging $40-$50 for it if you're not even going to unlock the framerate to what's considered the bare minimum on the platform.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
The wait begins for the PC announcement of SMT3 HD :V

Seriously being concerned for console money in 202X
These gaming companies are pathetically funny

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Pretty sure it was. Not in Japan obviously, but ESRB came with PC from the start.
Might be confused with a different one, my bad.

We're in 2021, I honestly don't remember the last Japanese game that launched 30 FPS. Some ports of older Atelier games maybe? There would be a shitstorm if it was locked to 30 FPS, rightfully so. What's even the point of doing a remaster and charging $40-$50 for it if you're not even going to unlock the framerate to what's considered the bare minimum on the platform.
Din din din, correct, Atelier and some other Koei tecmo games like Toukiden 1

Anne

Apr 18, 2019
Long time no post. Been out of the loop so I probably missed any discussion on this, but has anybody messed with Cruelty Squad? Been watchin a friend mess with it since it had a bit of a blow up on twitter recently and it is certainly something. Haven't ran into much talk about it elsewhere, and was just curious if other people are running across it.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Here are some 25% GMG discount codes for a bunch of upcoming games. If the price of these games is good in your region, consider using these codes to get them for cheaper. Codes expire in under 24 hours, so try to redeem them soon if you could
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Atom RPG is amazing. Russians are hands down carrying the RPG department now. Can't wait for Pathfinder: WotR and Owlcat has a sci-fi RPG in their sleeve as well (probably Starfinder). Encased is a bit of a wild card since there's no telling how it will turn out yet, but it's promising at least.
Oof, a Space-Fantasy CRPG, gimme noaw ! No, yesterday ! :blobdrool:

It was about time :cat-heart-blob:
I wonder if it is better to wait for Nocturne HD or play the Maniax something version that has been fan translated 'recently'.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Oof, a Space-Fantasy CRPG, gimme noaw ! No, yesterday ! :blobdrool:

I wonder if it is better to wait for Nocturne HD or play the Maniax something version that has been fan translated 'recently'.
Wait and see if they have done some fixing before jumping, IIRC there was a lot of compressed audio and some other things that had to be tweaked and probably didn't get fixed in the Japanese version, so we don't know if Western version will have any fix.

Reactions: Li Kao

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Well this is curious

Li Kao IIRC the HD re-release will have improved demon fusion. In the original, and I think Maniax carries it over, demon fusion resulted in random spell acquisition from parent demons.
So if you don't mind that, you can emulate the PS2 ver. for the time being if you're in the mood for SMT3's setting and themes.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
P4G’s PC rating didn’t go up until like a month after release. Multiple SEGA ports leaked through ESRB so I guess they’re more careful now lol
It's difficult to know what will happen, the only thing we know for sure is that SMT3 had Steam code inside and that's it, we don't know anything else.

If I'm not mistaken, all the Atelier games on PC are 60fps.
Wasn't sophie 30? Nights of Azure too? Toukiden for sure.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Wait and see if they have done some fixing before jumping, IIRC there was a lot of compressed audio and some other things that had to be tweaked and probably didn't get fixed in the Japanese version, so we don't know if Western version will have any fix.
They'll probably never fix the compressed audio. The uncompressed tracks come from the CD soundtrack release, but not every in-game track is present there. There will probably be a mod replacing the ones available once it comes to PC.

• Sad
Reactions: Mor

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im already tired of all the exclusivity talk on social media in regards to Bethesda and Zenimax.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
It's difficult to know what will happen, the only thing we know for sure is that SMT3 had Steam code inside and that's it, we don't know anything else.

Wasn't sophie 30? Nights of Azure too? Toukiden for sure.
Sophie was lock to 60 at launch, completely unlocked later afaik.

--------

bye
Sep 20, 2018
Long time no post. Been out of the loop so I probably missed any discussion on this, but has anybody messed with Cruelty Squad? Been watchin a friend mess with it since it had a bit of a blow up on twitter recently and it is certainly something. Haven't ran into much talk about it elsewhere, and was just curious if other people are running across it.
I have indeed messed with it after being excited for it for some while and sadly it isn't for me. I do like the style of it and it is certainly quirky - I just wish that maybe some of the quirks wouldn't carry over to the gameplay and level design. Personally, I think the levels are way too big, off-scale, weirdly labyrinthian at times. The gameplay has neither the precision of a tactical shooter, nor the inventiveness of an immersive sim, nor the fluidity of an arena shooter.
It does a mix of a lot of things and it does it in its own very weird and alluring way but it's just not for me. My girlfriend loves it though and I can understand the appeal very well!

Reactions: lashman

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I think I may manage to finish Yakuza 4 Remastered this week.

Story wise it feels more balanced than the previous game, and seeing the plot develop from different point of views was a nice addition.

Reactions: QFNS

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
I'll admit I don't know the whole Shin Megami Tensei saga, but I thought SMT3 Nocturne HD was the one released on switch with all the technical issues? Is it a different game?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I'll admit I don't know the whole Shin Megami Tensei saga, but I thought SMT3 Nocturne HD was the one released on switch with all the technical issues? Is it a different game?
Its the same game remade on Unity. But it hasn't released in the west yet.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
If I'm not mistaken, all the Atelier games on PC are 60fps.
Interestingly, the recent ones are unlocked, and they (mostly) work fine at 120 FPS at least.

I just wish they'd do better regarding effects and resolution (and a lot more things; but primarily effects and resolution).

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Is Forza H4 always online or is there a single player campaign type mode?

Or is it worth it if im a single player kind of player?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I should try out the first expansion at some point. I own the expansion pass and liked the main campaign a lot.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

Is Forza H4 always online or is there a single player campaign type mode?

Or is it worth it if im a single player kind of player?
If it's like 3, you can play solo. I think they create AI based on your friends list, and you don't have to play with others if you don't want to.

I would recommend looking up what the campaign looks like, because the game has been getting more and more open. It may not appeal to you.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Cool. Cheers. I like Forza but the last one I played was 2 so im guessing its moved on a bit and Im just not into the online type stuff that a lot of games seem to push these days. Im a recluse who just wants to play my games on my own.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I quite liked Forza Horizon 3 and 4, but I drop off eventually because the AI's cheating gets to me. They really need to be better at making the game more challenging without making AI defy physics to beat you. Next time I play one of those, I should try not to get too fixated on competitive racing and instead enjoy the audiovisual spectacle. Excellent games but I think it's also some of the most frustrated I've been when I see an opponent overtake me on a turn at impossible speeds because of their perfect grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.