Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I can't wait for the next few years to be filled with online bickering about whether Elden Ring is any good compared to the Souls games or not.
It's gonna be GREAT!

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Bear in mind that this might be a CGI trailer, meaning of little value beyond lore, tone and world establishment. Those are great, but I wouldn't hold your breath for gameplay.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I'm playing a lot of Stellaris.
Especially at night, as I can't sleep anyway. I'm not even sure I'm having fun, but it keeps me mentally occupied without stressing me.

Stellaris ramblings

It is a good 4x game, but it is too early to give a true rating. You feel that the team behind the game are deep Sci-Fi nerds and influences are all over the place: From Star Trek, over Babylon 5 and WH40k to Mass Effect. Big thumbs up for the passion behind the game.

But as with all Paradox Games, you need to get most of the DLC to get the full experience. I think Creative Assembly is doing a better job in that regard with Total Warhammer. Still, Stellaris is worth the money and players seem to be getting a lot of content.

Take the new Nemesis expansion for example that is coming (soon?). The game will add a new Spy System, the ability to unify the galactic senate and declare the first galactic empire ( ;) ). On the other side players can choose to become the nemesis by allying and secretly working for the "endgame crysis". Yes you can work for the "Mass Effect Reapers" and ascend to become the force that ends the universe, if you so wish.

The small sci-fi stories that occur during exploration are interleaved with gameplay and are often interesting. Some of them would even make good Star Trek TNG episodes, others are interesting on their own.
One of my science ships, for example, found a planet with a strange temporary shield that was holding a small, cute looking lizards species in a time loop of constant extinction. Once every three hundred years their entire civilization was being wiped out by a massive explosion, only to be reset.
Again and again and again.
My Science Ship (called USS Miranda ^^), found a way to deactivate the temporal shield and to free the race.
Turned out the small, cute lizards are total assholes. They are blowing up themselves every ~ 300 years and the shild would have deactivated itself if the race would have learned to exist peacefully. But because of my interfering I released a scourge on the universe with only one goal: To purge everything else. I hate them, but a cute lizard faction of (strong!) xenophobe purgers. I didn't see that coming! Well done dev team!

I wish the UI would be a bit better and comfortable. You need mods (Steam Workshop) to make the UI and text not look like ass on "high resolution" displays (above 1080p). Taking over planets and reorganizing them can be a pain. Music is also getting repetitive quickly etc.
The game has problems and it needs a better mid game. But overall, if you like Sci-Fi, TNG, 4xStrategy and Master of Orion: Maybe take a look during the next sale.

I'm 100h in and I still like it.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I don't think anyone is surprised to find out Elden Ring won't launch this year, a part of me is a bit saddened but they don't have much of a choice.

More than anything I hope Forza Horizon 5 is out this year, this is all that matters.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
That kind of looks and plays like their Souls engine. The way the horse is riding around feels identical to Sekiro boss fight. Tho can easily be a fake.

Horse combat pvp and boss fights are gonna be amazing if that is real.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

This was the post of the day and you didn't notice, people ! Close this thread, we are done.
Internet points go to EdwardTivrusky

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
With the dev mode for Xbox series X that anyone can enable I would think someone would make a mining program for that.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Kind of feel ashamed I had to summon help to beat the 2nd boss Eboshi in the final DLC of Nioh 2. Its the first time I summoned another player for a win the whole game :(

The fight is complete bullshit. As soon as you enter the boss fight from black screen the immediate instant the boss is diving scythe swipe attacking you and 80% of health is gone like that. The boss is literally preparing the move before everything loads on your end lol. The NPC summon died instantly but the player I summoned fought all the way to the end with no health left. They had some real cool arrow attack too I need to figure out what it was.

I had no heals as well but just barely did it. Last drop of everything to get it done. Kind of ridiculous the whole thing I think I may be very underleveled at 160. The balancing seems off in the dlc overall. Regular enemies seem easy but the mini bosses around the areas and bosses are hard asf.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Been debating getting Bravely Default II but hoping it comes to PC like Octopath and just waiting for it there. I don't know how much more of the crap performance in Switch games I can stomach; they really need to get a "Pro" version of the Switch out.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Been debating getting Bravely Default II but hoping it comes to PC like Octopath and just waiting for it there. I don't know how much more of the crap performance in Switch games I can stomach; they really need to get a "Pro" version of the Switch out.
Would depend on if you can wait or not, what was the Octopath exclusivity time, a year?

Reactions: rybrad

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
The first Bravely Default never come to PC, it's safe to assume the second won't come to PC too. It's not really a game that need that much performance anyway.

Reactions: rybrad

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
The first Bravely Default never come to PC, it's safe to assume the second won't come to PC too. It's not really a game that need that much performance anyway.
I would tell him to wait and see if he's not in a hurry :blobmorning:

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety and rybrad
Status
Not open for further replies.