Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
I would tell him to wait and see if he's not in a hurry :blobmorning:
That's my thought too at this point I think. I feel like there is a better chance of it coming to PC than its predecessors due to it not coming from the 3DS which we rarely saw ports of. I bought Octopath on the Switch and wish I would have just waited for the PC version.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm enjoying The Encredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Final Cut a lot more than I expected. There's a lot of variation in quests and level design, and the tower defense is lots of fun as well. Best part of the game is Katherina's humor, which is actually funny as hell!

Thanks for recommending me this great game lashman 😍

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm enjoying The Encredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Final Cut a lot more than I expected. There's a lot of variation in quests and level design, and the tower defense is lots of fun as well. Best part of the game is Katherina's humor, which is actually funny as hell!

Thanks for recommending me this great game lashman 😍
There a final cut? I loved the first game!

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It'll be a year next week for me as we were one of the last teams out of the building.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I honestly don't care much about an Elden Ring trailer. I love FromSoft games so I have faith in them.

I just want a store page so I can wishlist it. :p

And while we wait for Elden Ring to receive an release date, Sony should grant my PC eyes.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
You all must agree so far it has been quite a year in terms of announcements, huh? we got a lot of great confirmations (some others weren't as cool for the fans like KH at 230$ and EGS for timed) but...

We got:
-Legend of Mana
-Forza Horizon 4
-Sony PC ports wave confirmed with Days Gone as the first one.
-etc...

That's my thought too at this point I think. I feel like there is a better chance of it coming to PC than its predecessors due to it not coming from the 3DS which we rarely saw ports of. I bought Octopath on the Switch and wish I would have just waited for the PC version.
Just wait then ;)

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
The first Bravely Default never come to PC, it's safe to assume the second won't come to PC too. It's not really a game that need that much performance anyway.
Isn't that because the first one is only on Nintendo 3DS, they didnt release it on any home console.

Reactions: PC-tan

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I see some people feel cheeky today :disapproval-blob:
Do not risk my ire, I own the keys to this thread's survival. I can invoke the Great Old Ones, Bloodborne, God of War 3, Tim Sweeney. At the same time. It would be just like the Huns, not even weeds would grow again here.
That being said I should clean the litter :anguished-face:
Well, March is on track. Sounds like all is well then!

• Toucan
Reactions: Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im definetly waiting for a PC version of BD2. I have yet to even try out the demo and I have yet to play the 3DS games. :p

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
200k concurrent ain't too shabby at all. Could be close to 8 digit figure MAUs overall.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
just realized it's exactly a year since i started working from home
It's getting very close to 1 year for me as well. My team is going to have a 1 year WFH zoom meeting/lunch in a couple of weeks as an anniversary event.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
You all must agree so far it has been quite a year in terms of announcements, huh? we got a lot of great confirmations (some others weren't as cool for the fans like KH at 230$ and EGS for timed) but...

We got:
-Legend of Mana
-Forza Horizon 4
-Sony PC ports wave confirmed with Days Gone as the first one.
-etc...

Just wait then ;)
Distant Worlds 2. That one was the most unexpected of all. And thanks lashman!

• Hug
  • Gib
Reactions: lashman and Mor

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019

Bandai Namco announced today with a press release that it is withdrawing from the the amusement facilities business in North America.
also this

Today Polish developer Forever Entertainment published on its investor website a note announcing the signing of a deal with Square Enix.

According to the announcement, the developer (which you may know for Panzer Dragoon: Remake) will create several remakes based on an IP owned by Square Enix Japan.

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
That wasn't what I meant by skybox but this is a fascinating thought all the same!
I only skimmed your post yesterday and reacted purely on the word "skybox".

After a more comprehensive exegesis I.... still have no clue what you meant by
Swenhir said:
What a world and setting to surrounding your story with, not to mention that it's real in ways that make skyboxes look medieval.
(Though "Medieval Skybox" might be a good band name, or something.)

Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I only skimmed your post yesterday and reacted purely on the word "skybox".

After a more comprehensive exegesis I.... still have no clue what you meant by

(Though "Medieval Skybox" might be a good band name, or something.)
I meant that if we are going by the function of providing surroundings and backdrops, of providing the world around you to a game, a role traditionally fulfilled by skyboxes, then I argue that procedurally-generated planets absolutely dwarf them in awe and execution. They cannot replace player-driving content, but they absolutely elevate it.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Disappointed about Vampire the Masquerade 2?
Need a game to scratch that Vampire RPG itch?
I gotchu fams (except lashman)

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Statement about the Steam release of The Sinking City

For the release of The Sinking City on Steam, published by Nacon, Frogwares posted on Twitter urging players not to buy it. We regret that Frogwares persists in disrupting the release of the Sinking City. It was Frogwares who came to Nacon to request financing for the development of the game, and to date, more than 10 million euros have been paid to Frogwares by Nacon. It was Frogwares that relied on our marketing and promotion teams, representing thousands of hours of work and several million euros worth of investment. Now that the game has been fully developed, and published, largely thanks to Nacon's money and work, Frogwares would like to revise the terms of the contract to their sole advantage. It's easy to play the victim, but all we seek is that Frogwares respect its commitments both in the contract and as demanded by the courts.

In regards to feedback on the release of the Sinking City on Steam, this is an official and complete version. However, due to a lack of cooperation with Frogwares, we are unable to integrate Steam-specific features (cloud saving/achievements). Thus, this version contains only the base game, without any additional content. Despite this, we have organized the release so that fans on Steam can enjoy the game.

We sincerely would have preferred that our relationship with Frogwares remain cooperative and respectful, as is the case with all of the studios whose titles we publish.

We hope that many of you will continue to play The Sinking City, and may your adventures in Oakmont be a lot of fun.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Disappointed about Vampire the Masquerade 2?
Need a game to scratch that Vampire RPG itch?
I gotchu fams (except lashman)
Thanks for the reminder, i backed it on kickstarter and there's a huge update post up today.
They also reminded me that the Failbetter Games kickstarter "Mask of the Rose" exists. I'd totallyforgotten so i backed that while i was there too.

Reactions: Tizoc

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Apparently it does have DLC (excluding gold skins, and extra skill point).
But who knows, even Nacon doesn't seem to know what they are selling...
that's the thing, they don't even know what contains the package they are selling, how can they expect anyone to believe them if they don't even know what they are selling?

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
everyone talking bout elden ring n I'm like well can't wait for that Bloodborne n other Sony projects announcements on pc coming soon
It will be interesting to see if they drop feed announcements like they have been or announce a bunch at once.
Personally I'm hoping for a bunch at once, I would love to see like a dozen PS4 game pages go live on Steam at the same time.

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Durante

tl;dr:
  • GTA solo mode takes 1 min to load, while GTA online mode takes 6 min to load
  • a hacker investigates without direct access to the source code
  • this hacker succeeds at decreasing the load time of the online mode to 2 min by fixing Rockstar's noob mistakes
I have not yet read the text but I shudder when thinking about the enormous amount of time that was wasted by this bug :blobxorcism:

Status
Not open for further replies.