Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Ugh, I'm really a bitch for hype. Monster Hunter Rise is calling me.
But it's full price and I didn't play Iceborne. There is also the matter that it will be 30 fps but I'm not picky about my framerate as long as it's relatively constant.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
But it's full price and I didn't play Iceborne. There is also the matter that it will be 30 fps but I'm not picky about my framerate as long as it's relatively constant.
Good news for you because MH Rise can hold stable 30fps.

watching kuzuha and aqua playing MH Rise

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Gotta say I doubt this is the case due to ES exclusivity, however, I think it might be just another "no steam" clausule until next year. :upside-down-face:

Need the spin offs too ! The two Black Panther, Kenzan etc.
:neverenough:

Reactions: PC-tan

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
it's full price and I didn't play Iceborne. There is also the matter that it will be 30 fps
You have just given 3 arguments not to purchase the game. And the only argument in favour of the purchase is literally "hype". Seriously? :lul:

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
You mean very bad news :sweaty-blob:

Do we have soon to be players here ?
I have a switch, but it's modded. :suicide-blob: Also, it's just sitting there collecting dust, lol. The only game I've finished on it is Paper Mario Origami King. Plus, I can't bring myself to play an action game at 30 FPS. I've been hanging onto it for SMT V. However, if that gets a PC release announcement, I'll most likely sell my switch instead.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
You have just given 3 arguments not to purchase the game. And the only argument in favour of the purchase is literally "hype". Seriously? :lul:
It goes without saying that I just want to play it. I mean it’s a basic but pretty big plus.

I've been hanging onto it for SMT V. However, if that gets a PC release announcement, I'll most likely sell my switch instead.
I’m with you on that.

Reactions: MJunioR

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Iceborne is where I'm more or less paused at, and it's looking to be really good!

I disagree with mocking people for buying into the hype though, it is a valid thing.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Yakuza 6 + The Remaster Collection is $50 after taxes if you have Humble Choice. Doesn't seem like a bad deal.
Remaster Collection is cheaper on Fanatical, GameBillet, and WinGameStore where I am and none of them charge taxes.

Humble is the only 3rd party seller that charges tax on pc games here :(

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

Kingdom Hearts PC please
I would love to be wrong, but I would be surprised if the Kingdom Hearts EGS exclusivity deal didn't preclude a W10/Game Pass PC release for a while.

Trials of Mana, Avengers, Balan Wonderworld (lol), and the Tomb Raider Definitive Survivor Trilogy all strike me as more likely guesses here tbh. Nier Replicant as a Day 1 release isn't out of the question, though I won't get my hopes up too high for that

Nier Replicant pls
Pull another Outriders! :blobeyes:
you mean a big SE game that's only available on Game Pass on console and not PC? hope not

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Hey it's announced. We made/are making the Ys ports.
It was interesting, since the technical requirements on Stadia are really quite stringent.
Out of curiousity, what are those technical requirements that you can talk about?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Iceborne is where I'm more or less paused at, and it's looking to be really good!

I disagree with mocking people for buying into the hype though, it is a valid thing.
I’m fucked either way I think. If I play Rise I will resent not having played Iceborne, and vice versa.
And a new Yakuza when I only played the original first one. I’m leaving it at that because I will invariably muse on things only interesting to me, like I don’t play enough, yeah but maybe I play too much in my situation etc.
Gaming inertia, ughhh.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Out of curiousity, what are those technical requirements that you can talk about?
I think talking about them in very general terms should be OK.

The best example is probably frametimes and latency. Stadia has specific requirements on the statistical properties of the frametimes delivered by your game in different scenarios, and also the input latencies. (Requirements that, IMHO, lots of released PC and console games would fail to meet on their respective native platforms).
Another one that is much less exciting from a technical perspective but took some doing is input prompts, for example you have to display accurate prompts even for AZERTY or Dvorak keyboard layouts.

I'm not personally interested in the Stadia business model as a gamer, but from a technical perspective it's really pretty neat.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
What the fuck Nasu

And Melty Blood on PS4, Switch, and Xbox. Skipping PC where all Melty Blood players played for the last 20 years.
To be fair, Switch is already emulated to a large extent I believe? But yeah, this reeks of last-decade japanese "PC doesn't exist" nonsense.

Reactions: PC-tan and TheTrain
Status
Not open for further replies.