Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Lowest price for Yakuza 6 seems to be on gamesplanet US (~15.28€) right now. Since it's not available on wingamestore I think it's better to wait to see which third party store offers it for the cheapest price.

And a new historical low for
Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Imperial Edition Bundle - 35% off - €25.34 (save an additional 5.07€ with Choice)
2game had price mistake for Remastered ones. Let's hope they will screw it up this time too ;)

Reactions: Tomasety

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
For the steam embeds issue, you need to update the easylist ad filter list. They made a mistake.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I thought heavily about getting Octopath on sale, but with the amount of other sales and new interesting releases Im considering waiting on a deeper sale. Trying to convince me I have to work on my JRPG backlog before buying Octopath.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Heads up this ends in a couple of hours
Basically buy anything that totals at $8 or more, apply the coupon and you'll get The Council

Gamesplanet sells a drm-free ver. with installer for Sinking City and this ver. is published on there by Frogwares themselves.

LMAO i didn't even see that
That's because you never check my highlight threads :S

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I disagree with mocking people for buying into the hype though, it is a valid thing.
My intent was not to mock anyone, but to point out that, based on what had been written, the cons outweighed the pros.

As for buying into the hype, I disagree that it is a good thing. To me, pre-ordering or purchasing a brand new product because of the hype surrounding its release is one of the ways to make a purchase and regret it. I only see good things arising from hype for... marketers, not for customers.

What customers need is information in order to make the correct rational decision, and hype leads to a loss of lucidity and too expensive purchases.

Another important thing for customers is protection. If you purchase from Steam, then you can refund the game if you have regrets. If you purchase Steam keys from other stores, then it is too late.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
My intent was not to mock anyone, but to point out that, based on what had been written, the cons outweighed the pros.

As for buying into the hype, I disagree that it is a good thing. To me, pre-ordering or purchasing a brand new product because of the hype surrounding its release is one of the ways to make a purchase and regret it. I only see good things arising from hype for... marketers, not for customers.
I personally agree on not letting hype mislead people, but that's also up to everyone individually and not to be enforced by high-minded others. I think hype is also a very positive thing. Getting excited about a game, dreaming a bit is something I think we could all use a little more of. As for your reply, the weird smiley you added made your comment sound rather mean-spirited to me. I'm glad that this wasn't the intent.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
yes, ps4 + switch
Someone didn't tell Nasu that HDMI cables can be connected to PC and 7.1 channels exist there as well.

Some more tidbits in the thread.

Personally, I'm fine with no H-scenes in Type Moon's stuff. I barely remember my Tsukihime playthrough, but it was kind of painful on those parts.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Hey it's announced. We made/are making the Ys ports.
It was interesting, since the technical requirements on Stadia are really quite stringent.
So the systems they provide to you on the cloud aren't very powerful? Or are there other requirements, not related to CPU or GPU resources?
EDIT:
saw your post, earlier. Interesting stuff.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Ask yourself, what's more believable?
That someone has found a way to run unsigned code on Playstation 5 or that someone just has access to the PC port beta and just made it look like it's running on PS5?
Honestly the unsigned code one is more believable. We know from insiders here that Bloodborne PC is just a matter of time.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Ask yourself, what's more believable?
That someone has found a way to run unsigned code on Playstation 5 or that someone just has access to the PC port beta and just made it look like it's running on PS5?
Probably neither.
Combining Lance McDonald's PS4 fps unlock patch with AI upscaling, we can present a vision of a 4K60 Bloodborne - and here it is.
From the video's description.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
They say it's running on PS5, through backcompat, if you watch the video - that's how the footage is 60 fps.
I call bollocks.
They say it's a dev unit that can run unsigned code or something like that. Also the original footage is 1080p and they AI upscaled it to 4K.

Seems legit given the history, why even go to the trouble of saying it's for dev PS5 + AI upscaling + put PS5 pop ups and not just leak glorious UDH PC footage?

Last edited:
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Oh, nice. Tina Guo has joined "Of Bird and Cage", very cool addition to the team. She's a great musician and i have a couple of her albums from a some music bundles over the years. She's also worked with a bunch of famous rock and metal musicians over the years too so she's not just a classical cellist. That project is shaping up nicely, thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.