Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Off topic, but wow its so weird, the wind has blown sand from the Sahara desert into Paris, so now we have yellow skies so now the light has a sepia tone tint to everything.XD
Sorry for the off-topic but now you get to feel what the people in The Canary Islands get often, especially in Summer.

I don't mean it as a punishment or anything like that, more like an anecdote. Climate change keeps on giving me surprises.

---

Historical lowest price for on Steam store:

Given for free on Epic store and bundled once in a Choice.

Reason: Added Shenmue III
Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Sorry for the off-topic but now you get to feel what the people in The Canary Islands get often, specially in Summer.

I don't mean it as a punishment or anything like that, more like an anecdote. Climate change keeps on giving me surprises.
oh we get Sahara winds here every now and then too – Sirocco - Wikipedia – but since the Canaries as closer, it surely hits harder... we got the mediterranean inbetween
I am by no means an expert, so please correct me if Im wrong, but isnt this wind phenomenon natural rather than a result of climate change? although I wouldnt be surprised if climate change makes it worse over time..

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Timmy's hot new exclusive Stranger of Paradise is standing at a worse OpenCritic score than WWE 2022. He knows how to pick 'em.

They're both decent I guess, but nothing to brag about.

Apparently the Zombie Army 4 deal didn't pay off.

Last edited:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
oh we get Sahara winds here every now and then too – Sirocco - Wikipedia – but since the Canaries as closer, it surely hits harder... we got the mediterranean inbetween
I am by no means an expert, so please correct me if Im wrong, but isnt this wind phenomenon natural rather than a result of climate change? although I wouldnt be surprised if climate change makes it worse over time..
Sorry again for the off-topic.

You are correct that the wind phenomenon is natural but I sincerely doubt that what happened last year where I live and what is happening now (might reach Germany) is by any means a simple coincidence. This is my personal opinion and the general consensus among the experts is not yet clear about the possible impact of climate change in the Sirocco.

Last year we had the worse Sirocco in over the past 40 years which lead to a massive appearance of certain birds from Africa never seen before in some of The Canary Islands.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Random bundle deal:

Timmy's hot new exclusive Stranger of Paradise is standing at a worse OpenCritic score than WWE 2022. He knows how to pick 'em.

They're both decent I guess, but nothing to brag about.

Apparently the Zombie Army 4 deal didn't pay off.
"Season Pass One" as if they plan selling many of them. Makes me want to wait for full edition. (ZA4 too has fuck ton of DLC)

Might try on game pass tho.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Sorry again for the off-topic.

You are correct that the wind phenomenon is natural but I sincerely doubt that what happened last year where I live and what is happening now (might reach Germany) is by any means a simple coincidence. This is my personal opinion and the general consensus among the experts is not yet clear about the possible impact of climate change in the Sirocco.

Last year we had the worse Sirocco in over the past 40 years which lead to a massive appearance of certain birds from Africa never seen before in some of The Canary Islands.
Also sorry for the off-topic!

If I understand it correctly Sirocco and Calima are different winds, the Calima goes west to America and hits the Canaries on the way, the Sirocco goes north. Probably shouldve clarified. Both come from the Sahara of course.

I guess its hard to tell sometimes (and the scientific process is to establish a theory and then try to dismantle it, which is why it often takes a long time for discoveries to reach the general public), but my general rule of thumb: when a natural phenomenon suddenly gets much worse: probably due to climate change – which, I think should be our (mankinds) #1 priority at any given time. Not tackling climate change will fundamentally alter our possibility of living on the planet. But I also believe we, the general public cannot change enough by ourselves, governments and industry are much, much deeper in the responsibility to change things.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I just read something so stupid... "Steam has reached a new low in monetisation: Steam Deck keyboard colour for 50 USD"
sometimes its really astonishing what people find worthy of getting riled up over. but i guess some people just wanna be pissed off by everything. they maybe need this constant state of having something to yell at? it just seems tiring.

and BTW, the statement also is just so wrong: you cannot buy the keyboards for 50 USD. you buy them with (5000) steam points. you cannot buy steam points. you get them as extra and they have no other value other than using them for getting cosmetic fluff on the platform. theres special profiles for 10,000 points – and so what? nobody forces you to buy them, you cannot get the steam points into real money, anyway.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Anyone heard of this game?
It had a demo in the first Next fest last year I think? That I played. It was fun but it felt balanced on the "punishing" side which isn't really what I want out of a tactics game. I still might pick it up eventually though.
from 20XX devs
Oooooo, Satisfactory but not from that jerk-ass company? Sign me up!

.... unless the 20XX devs have done something too :anguished-face:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Same we've had orange skies today in the UK too. It's a seasonal thing, i think we get it twice a year regularly but some years are more spectacular than others.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Tunic's out, yay! 🦊
But I'll probably wait, I'm trying to not buy new games until I get a new GPU, even though the Tunic demo played just fine on my current one.

What makes it worse is that the GPU's have gone down in price lately so it's quite difficult to restrain myself. Still stupid expensive, but significantly cheaper still.

Last edited:

mastemas

truman doctrine (actual norwegian guy)
Apr 15, 2021
Following actual_norwegian_guy post, I also want to raise some criticism of the last dungeon (or bonus dungeon?) in Persona 4 Golden. I just entered it... what? Before entering the game kept asking me to prepare, so I properly prepared by stocking up. But the dungeon takes my whole inventory away during exploration, keeps reducing the MP of my party members, and I am forced to collect items from monsters' drops to replenish HP and MP? What even is this game design...
hey at least your dungeon doesnt have FUCKING TELEPORTS THAT LEAD TO SEEMINGLY NOWHERE THAT YOU NEED A FUCKING GUIIIIDE TO FUCKING GO THROUGH BECAUSE THERE ARE LITERALLY 30 WARPS

• Comfy
  • Evil
Reactions: Cacher and Tomasety

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

This new content update includes:

• DX12 support
  • Ray Tracing (Ray Traced Reflections)*
  • Advanced upscaling (NVidia DLSS and AMD SR)
  • Brand new music from the game's original composer, Barry "Epoch" Topping.
  • New mysterious beings and additional quests.
  • New rewards, extra Starlight skins, and more collectibles to find.
  • Performance improvements
  • A HUDless mode
  • Annnnnnd..... STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS!

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
hey at least your dungeon doesnt have FUCKING TELEPORTS THAT LEAD TO SEEMINGLY NOWHERE THAT YOU NEED A FUCKING GUIIIIDE TO FUCKING GO THROUGH BECAUSE THERE ARE LITERALLY 30 WARPS
I would rather want this kind of dungeon if the game is meant to be a hard dungeon crawler. :LOL: Persona 4 is too easy although all the bosses have long HP bars.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I think I need some cozy games for the Deck. My little worlds away from the world ? Simply relaxing experiences ?
Tempted by Core Keepers.

Are there games that comes to mind ? Maybe walking sim could work too, not sure. I want to cuddle up and have a good time.
Cosigning Leanija's recommendation of Alba: A Wildlife Adventure. If you havent played that yet, it exactly fits the description you posted above to a tee. :coffee-blob:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way, since I know that some people here like card games.

If you have not had the chance I highly suggest playing the Pocket Monsters TCG.

Something to note is that the main way to play it right now is on PC via their own client, the game will soon be getting a face lift form my understanding (I did think it was weird how the character models for human players looked very weird and looked like a fan made game, I'm curious as to what the characters look like in Japan. I guess this is also why the characters look weird in Pokemon Go as well).

The good is that you can play the game for free, the bad is about how you would go about playing. You can use set cards and just choose those but if you want to try different cards you have to "own" those cards, meaning trading with some one else online, or to use a digital booster back and pull something that way. The good/bad with that is that you get "free" boosters if you buy pokemon card packs. Also it takes a while to get actually useful stuff.

It is a lot of fun and I will share on here very soon a clip of me playing the game (vs bots) to give you guys an idea of the game. It's very basic but also a lot of fun.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.