Community MetaSteam | March 2023 - You know, Wo Leon, we really are the last of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So, first off Sweeny is in full PR mode. "We Are Still Doing Exclusives, Just Large Ones" and "Other Stores Aren't Doing Crypto/NFT Because They Want Their 30%" Both claims and headlines are guaranteed to get them space in the media.

My Hot Take. Most of them can see that the first NFT scam on something like Steam, XBOX Live, PSN and so on will be a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Also if EGS is going to remove Bad Actors from the store, they can only do so after the damage is already done. So far too little and far too late.

And fuuck Tim Sweeny, he makes my blood boil when he opens his weasly fucking mouth. Prick.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Man, the 28th for Sifu? That's a hell of a lot later than I thought.

I used to only know iron galaxy for third strike online and killer instinct. That's all I want to remember them for. I'm just going to assume the talent bolted. I know at least one person that did.

Squeenix, I better see strangers of paradise on steam the exact day the exclusivity is over. I wonder what the odds are since team ninja made it, it has an online component, and the last DLC released a few weeks ago.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Darkest Dungeon nuked two of my three fav adventurers in the same turn, while I was furiously clicking the exit run button. So I’m gonna do the sane and mature move, nuking the game. Joking but mostly true.
There is a reason I don’t fuck with iron man modes.

That being said, the biggest motivator is not attachment but that I don’t have the slightest idea about what I could do differently, and while I can see the game has room for subtle build changes that could be big, I don’t care enough.
And the overbearing narrator, while charming at first, can go play on the highway.

I am tired of dropping shit though, feels bad.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Going through some Humble Heroine bundle games in the downtime between me having finished Digimon World: Next Order (loved it) at the beginning of last weekend and Trails to Azure (will love it) today.

Finished Praey for the Gods over the weekend. Really liked it. It's a bit janky and regular enemy combat is pretty bad but also very rare. But the boss fight "puzzles", atmoshpere and setpieces are really good. Ran great on the Deck as well. (I think I played it at Medium-High and 40fps and it looked good and ran well).

Batora: Lost Haven made a good first impression as well.

Pretty killer bundle.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im one of the few people on the planet who have played and finished both Gravity Rush games, I played the first on Vita and the second on PS4 and despite being a bit letdown by the second game, I can with no doubt say that both are fun good games that deserves more attention from Sony and people.

Today, I would give GR 8.5/10 and GR2 8/10

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I still think Sony should be throwing a lot of resource at making their back catalogue work on PC, if only to bolster their cloud streaming service without having to rely on console hardware in servers.

Obviously any effort on this would be a big undertaking and take the best part of a decade to do with lots of studios, but I think it’s worth doing just to add value to any subscription service they have.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018

HDD and sata SSD testing would be interesting if this is true. SInce "Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart will make use of the PS5's SSD to deliver gameplay that wasn't possible on previous generations."
I'm glad it's R&C. I'm currently playing Spider-Man and the sheer video-game-y-ness is palpable. Insomniac is an amazing studio from the start.
Nixxes work is nothing short of brilliant, even on weak hardware like mine, the game plays great.

By the way I've given up on Bloodborne PC, Gravity Rush PC and many more

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
So I toured the Octopath Traveler II demo on a whim and was mighty impressed.

Was just about ready to purchase until I saw the $60 price tag!

Man, being an indie-snob has made me totally out of touch.

With my feet firmly planted in the $20 price tag zone, I can't even remember the last time I paid $60 USD for a new release. Maybe RE2make?

Hopefully Octopath will get a slight discount on the Seal Seal next week.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
So I toured the Octopath Traveler II demo on a whim and was mighty impressed.

Was just about ready to purchase until I saw the $60 price tag!

Man, being an indie-snob has made me totally out of touch.

With my feet firmly planted in the $20 price tag zone, I can't even remember the last time I paid $60 USD for a new release. Maybe RE2make?

Hopefully Octopath will get a slight discount on the Seal Seal next week.
I guess it's easy to justify. It has a lot of well done sprite work and animations and has a lot of VA (though side quests remain unvoiced) and it's a 50+ hour game.

That being said it could do with less in general. It falls into a lot of bad jrpg tropes like talking your head off and not saying anything interesting (we don't need to have everyone say goodbye 7 times, then as they walk away stop and turn around and say it 3 more times) and the insanely high random battle rate will slow things to a crawl too.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Since the MS x ABK deal looks a way off from closing still, my hopeful dream of buying and playing Diablo IV on Steam within this year grow more and more remote. Even if the deal closes within the 1st half of the year, publishing Blizzard games on there wouldn't seem to be on Microsoft's immediate agenda...

So I bit the bullet and just bought it on Bnet. I just can't say no to that beta access this weekend. I actually paid 70 fucking dollars for a non-Steam PC game, Jesus Christ :notlikethisblob:

YOU GOT ME THIS TIME, KOTICK!!! But I'ma get you back! Just wait and see... wait and see...

:suicide-blob:

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Since the MS x ABK deal looks a way off from closing still, my hopeful dream of buying and playing Diablo IV on Steam within this year grow more and more remote. Even if the deal closes within the 1st half of the year, publishing Blizzard games on there wouldn't seem to be on Microsoft's immediate agenda...

So I bit the bullet and just bought it on Bnet. I just can't say no to that beta access this weekend. I actually paid 70 fucking dollars for a non-Steam PC game, Jesus Christ :notlikethisblob:

YOU GOT ME THIS TIME, KOTICK!!! But I'ma get you back! Just wait and see... wait and see...

:suicide-blob:
If you're in the US I'd say should've just bought some chicken from KFC.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So with the news that Ratchet & Clank Rifts Apart may be coming to PC it kind of got me thinking.

Insomniac has the tech to do the instaneous teleportation we saw in Rifts Apart. They are actively working on Marvel licences and made some decent Spider-Man games. Yet they actively chose not to do an into the Spiderverse type game. Probably the best version of Spiderman on the big screen/TV from the last 30 years.
OK You got me on evil nuns.

I think Ken Russells The Devils has a lot to answer for in some of my tastes...

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
If you're in the US I'd say should've just bought some chicken from KFC.

Not based in the US, sadly. I knew of that promo, and i love KFC, so it would have been a no-brainer for me.

Diablo is the one Blizzard franchise I can't quit, and though I know the beta is going to be plagued with server issues, I really, really want in.
Translation: You'll buy it again when it releases on Steam a couple of years from now :grinning-face:
That's crazy talk. I... I...
...yeah.
:negative-blob:
At least it'll be good and cheap by then.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
That's a really interesting point that I never thought about. Hell, it's happening with Suicide Squad right now and it's only bound to get worse.
Rocksteady in 2019- Man I can't wait until we get this looter shooter out it's going to blow everyone away, it's what's hot in the industry and it'll have our name behind it.

Rocksteady in 2023- shockedpikachu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.