Community MetaSteam | March 2023 - You know, Wo Leon, we really are the last of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Oh God, for some reason the RE4 anticipation is hitting me really hard today. The next week is going to feel like an eternity. Just give it to me already, Capcom! :cryingwhyblob:

Which reminds me. Anyone here ever pre-order from Voidu? Should I expect my key early? Not one second before release time? Late?

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Did the original RE4 have spiders?
Not really. At least, not big enemy spiders. Just normal-sized ones chilling in old rundown shacks. IIRC they can bite you if you go out of your way to bug them but otherwise they're basically just set dressing.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Li Kao Did you preordered Returnal on etail market? Did you get your key on release day?

Asking since it seems they have the cheapest preorder for RE4R atm ~$43.
Not sure, I activated the key the day after but that's not a proof of anything.

There was zero communication, I stressed, and while the game was released early on steam I got nothing. BUT pretty sure they delivered more or less at the regular release time, so no big deal.

• Eyes
Reactions: didamangi

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Oh sweet, Granblue Versus is on sale. I've been wanting to grab it ever since they announced the update/sequel and was starting to worry they had already moved on and given up on selling the original version.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I really didn't expect Valve to give a discount on the Deck in this sale already. Very nice.

Which reminds me. Anyone here ever pre-order from Voidu? Should I expect my key early? Not one second before release time? Late?
I've pre-ordered a few games from Voidu over the years. Not sure if the keys arrived early or only precisely at release, but I'm pretty sure they weren't particularly late since I'd remember that ;)

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Wanted a sale on monster rancher but apparently KT forgot like 80% of their games in this sale
Business as usual for KT. You better hope for the annual "KT publisher sale" if you want something from them (and even in that case some games tend to skip it too)

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
FUCK YOU I FILED A SUPPORT REQUEST FOR THIS
Actually, now that I think about it, I could swear RE4 was written with a lowercase r before. Did they change it to a capital one when they removed the whole resident evil / biohazard thing?

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
bomba confirmed :smart-thinking-blob:
you know, this "inspired" me and I spent way too much time on this stupid fake article :p

VALVEs "STEAM DECK": BOMBA!
Sources say the Nintendo Switch "killer" underperforms. Future of Valve Corporation unclear.

WRITTEN BY LEE-ANN IJA FOR PC HAVER

Valve Corporation, a former game developer ("Half-Life") and nowadays sole proprietor of the online games store, "Steam", is already throwing its "Steam Deck" game console out for a deep discount. The "Steam Deck", designed to compete with the vastly superior and more popular Nintendo Switch, was overhyped but underperformed, according to industry insider–legend, L. Ashman.

As this is costing Valve massive amounts of money every day, the company is currently trying to desperately make up for the failure. In efforts to raise money, Valve released cheaply-made "Steam Deck" startup videos to sell to costumers in a thinly veiled cashgrab. Sources confirm the Steam store is also running a fire sale right now in a bid to recoup some lost money.
Gamers are flocking in droves to the Epic Games Store, while Microsoft and Embracer Group are preparing takeover bids for the struggling company. Gabe Newell, face of Valve and former industry darling, was seen in a video appealing to the gaming community in an attempt to coerce people to buy Valve products.
An anonymous source within the gaming industry, simply calling himself "Tim S", told us here at PC HAVER that Newells actions are deplorable and that PC gamers know better than to fall for the obvious attempt to save his failing store, gaming console, and company.

The "Steam Deck", an obvious attempt to copy the Nintendo Switch, failed. It was already called an "Incomplete" device by reputable online tech channel LinusTechTips upon release, and now, as our inside man, L. Ashman, puts it, it was "bomba confirmed."

We'll keep you updated as the events unfurl.

Dear reader,
If you like our hard-hitting investigative and independent gaming journalism and would like to support PC HAVER, here is our Epic Game Store affiliate link.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Actually, now that I think about it, I could swear RE4 was written with a lowercase r before. Did they change it to a capital one when they removed the whole resident evil / biohazard thing?
Never was on steam

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Status
Not open for further replies.