Community MetaSteam | March 2023 - You know, Wo Leon, we really are the last of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

MetaMember
Dec 7, 2018
60 Euro for a 2D indie platformer sure is a choice.

Gives a good amount of leeway to drop over time, but I hope they're not expecting a ton of sales this month.

Edit:

Anyone buying this should not skip over Saga. Get past the initial issue (around 30 pages?) or so, and it's fucking amazing. Easily one of the best comics I've read in my near 40 years of reading comics.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Thanks for the awesome thread Mor

Having finally finished Deathloop I can confidently say it's better than Prey. If I were to rank Arkane's ImSims so far it would be something like

DH > DL > Prey > DMMM > AF > DH2 >>>> DH: DotO
How come you rate Death to the Outsider so low? Just curious since I thought it was on par with dishonoured 2
But tastes and all that... :)

---

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Pizza Tower is really good! It exhales 90's vibes and I'm impressed by how deep the movements are like I was kind of expecting something like a mix of Sonic and Wario.
The coolest feature in Kuro is probably the live graphics setting preview.

Also, it's ~9 GB total.
You mean like changing the settings in the menu and it already shows a preview of how it will look? PH3 ports should be the standard for PC games.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
You mean like changing the settings in the menu and it already shows a preview of how it will look? PH3 ports should be the standard for PC games.
Basically. When you are in the graphics setting menu you can hit a key to fade out all the menu and UI except for the current setting, and directly see its impact in the scene you are currently at.

Looks like this:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Calling back to something on the last thread,
IOI said they're working on an online Fantasy RPG? Aren't they confirmed to be working on a James Bond game? Do they have people/money for two games at once? I guess I have no idea how big their studio is.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Basically. When you are in the graphics setting menu you can hit a key to fade out all the menu and UI except for the current setting, and directly see its impact in the scene you are currently at.

Looks like this:
It's one of the greatest tragedies in recent history that Koei Tecmo didn't subcontract you guys for porting their (Gust) games.
(although I hear Ryza 3 is in a good state, took them only 6 years to get there).

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
IOI said they're working on an online Fantasy RPG? Aren't they confirmed to be working on a James Bond game? Do they have people/money for two games at once? I guess I have no idea how big their studio is.
I think they said that they have opened new studios in other locations. Whether they have money or not to do so I don't know

edit:
From wiki
IO Interactive employs 200 people as of January 2021 and operates two subsidiary studios: IOI Malmö in Malmö, Sweden; and IOI Barcelona in Barcelona, Spain.

Reactions: QFNS

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Drank a little too much, slept on the couch. Pretty pathetic but on the other hand, as long as it‘s exceptional. On the other hand, my god, the noise my little tiger makes at night that I don’t hear normally… :pleasedblob:

Like I hear a ‘boom’ a bit before waking up, look for the cat, nothing, and finally find him atop a high furniture. Like, how did you get there, you crazy kitty ?

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Gave away 8 games last week, didn't get a single "thank you" from any of the winners. I guess I won't tick the "allow juniors" checkbox next time. (n)
Yes I'm thinking about it too, I tend to do a couple of big giveaways during the year and most take the games without saying anything.

It's hard because on one hand those are games I don't want so maybe I shouldn't get "upset" about them and I think I have to give to this community but it's also a bit of a bummer to spend an hour trying do a giveaway of 30+ games and have only three people thank you.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Yes I'm thinking about it too, I tend to do a couple of big giveaways during the year and most take the games without saying anything.

It's hard because on one hand those are games I don't want so maybe I shouldn't get "upset" about them and I think I have to give to this community but it's also a bit of a bummer to spend an hour trying do a giveaway of 30+ games and have only three people thank you.
Doesn’t matter if you want the keys or not. People should always thank the person doing the giveaway. It takes like 5 seconds.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
How come you rate Death to the Outsider so low? Just curious since I thought it was on par with dishonoured 2
But tastes and all that... :)

---
Truth be told DotO is the only game I couldn't finish, that's why I rate it the lowest. I tried on 5 different occasions to play the game but the furthest I ever got was the 3rd mission, dunno why but it bores me to tears and I can't stand the gameplay or level design in that game.
As for it being on par with DH2, I agree to an extent but that's not exactly a good sign as far as I'm concerned since I personally felt DH2 to be very bellow average when compared with the original game or others. It's basically a collection of levels with no world cohesion or clear motivation why you're doing what you're doing. More often than not the mission boils down to kill person X and I have no idea who person X is, how they affect me or the story or how they are responsible for what happened. Compared with the 1st game it's night and day since everything was more personal, explained and coherent. DH2's saving grace are the few very good sandboxes it has throughout the game.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The coolest feature in Kuro is probably the live graphics setting preview.

Also, it's ~9 GB total.
That's really impressive.
Still not as impressive as the original version of Skyrim which managed to be under 6GB, through what I assume was black magic.
Like, sure the textures looked rough, but that was at a time when the average game was easily north of 20GB that size and featured half as many unique objects.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Thanks for the awesome thread Mor

Having finally finished Deathloop I can confidently say it's better than Prey. If I were to rank Arkane's ImSims so far it would be something like

DH > DL > Prey > DMMM > AF > DH2 >>>> DH: DotO
Deathloop can't be above anything Dishonored and Prey because entire thing about freedom of play is just illusion and you basically need to play game in specific way to be able to finish it. As many said Prey Mooncrash is better version of Deathloop. To me Deathloop is biggest Arkane disappointment so far (Redfall could take first place from it).

Reactions: fearthedawn

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Finished Atomic Heart.

Great game, altho it kind loses steam at the halfway point and ends up fizzling out.
Biggest criticism i have is that it doesn't make all that much out of the whole soviet setting narratively, the story could have been told in pretty much any scenario, so its really more of an asthetic choice than anything.

Biggest take away is the game showing how complete trash most online discourse is nowadays, cuz everyone with a shitty agenda will just spread complete fakenews and everyone will run with it, like the sexbot thing or the game being pro ussr.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Shit, have yet to touch Nioh 2, but Wo Long reviews are good. But might buy a month of PC game pass for a dollar to check performance. Well, if it doesn't have Denuvo I can download it arrrr and check for performance.

Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

(TL;DR we nearly doubled the past year's worth of these numbers on launch day alone!!! ...Except for the pet stats. Poor doggos.)
Scientists were wrong. You can escape a black hole.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Of course you can, by putting the game on Steam.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

:sweeneyfence2:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
The online Fantasy RPG is xbox money and it seems likely that the Bond people are funding the Bond game.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Finished Atomic Heart.

Great game, altho it kind loses steam at the halfway point and ends up fizzling out.
Biggest criticism i have is that it doesn't make all that much out of the whole soviet setting narratively, the story could have been told in pretty much any scenario, so its really more of an asthetic choice than anything.

Biggest take away is the game showing how complete trash most online discourse is nowadays, cuz everyone with a shitty agenda will just spread complete fakenews and everyone will run with it, like the sexbot thing or the game being pro ussr.
Still a litle torn on this one, but I'm glad to hear the consensus is that the game is at least decent, if eurojank (my favourite kind of jank)

Wait, it was an EGS game?
I had literally never heard of it before the demofest and quite liked it. Well shit....

Status
Not open for further replies.