Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Idle Master isn't dropping cards for any game though. So I will try it out.
Idle Master is not helping with card drops. It just fools Steam that you have a game running. After the game has been run a while a card will drop and it all depends each individual game's drop rates.
There is no difference running idle master and running the game itself. You just don't need to download the entire game just to idle. You could even use SAM to idle a game.

If you don't any card drops then it means that the game you are idling has insane long drop rate

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Or Valve changed something that broke IdleMaster Extended, as far as I can see it hasn't been updated since august last year. Unless there's a newer fork.

Reactions: lashman

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Revisiting FFXII and Resonance of Fate made me realize that they have a few things in common that are rare in jprgs these days. There's little exposition, they don't beat you over the head with plot points or bore you with redundant dialogue. They also avoid most of the anime tropes that plague every game these days and have a somber, more realistic art direction that is also rare. You look at the art of recent jrpgs and all you see are lots of bright colors and huge eyes and boobs.

The main trio in ROF is fantastic as is the English dub. I doubt you could get Nolan North into such a niche jrpg these days. He really nailed, he totally understood the kind of humor the game was going for.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
Or Valve changed something that broke IdleMaster Extended, as far as I can see it hasn't been updated since august last year. Unless there's a newer fork.
I started running Idle Master extended about 10 minutes ago, Have 32 games with card drops, have 21 drops so far so seems to be working fine.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I just fired up Idlemaster extended v1.3 and it's dropping cards no problem using fast mode.

I remember ages ago it stopped working for me and I fixed it by just deleting Idlemaster and downloading another copy.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I applaud the people who can tell the difference between various Musou games. To me, every Musou game is a big empty map where you run around like a rabid dog fighting hordes of zergs who can't even touch you until you met an officer who has colourful particles coming out of his ass. It's been like that for almost two decades.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
By the way, how does the steam link for android works ? it's streaming I suppose ? Are perf good ? How are the touch controls ?
So nerdy that I'm half tempted to buy a phone for PnC and VN :drinking-blob:

Are there good joypad addons ?
I am using a cheap, two year old Kindle HD 10" tablet with the Steam Link app to play Visual Novels when I cannot use our Living Room TV (which has a physical Steam Link hooked up to). It works just fine. Some frame skips here and there because the tablet is old and not that good to begin with, but nothing game breaking for slow games like PnC adventures or VN's.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I applaud the people who can tell the difference between various Musou games. To me, every Musou game is a big empty map where you run around like a rabid dog fighting hordes of zergs who can't even touch you until you met an officer who has colourful particles coming out of his ass. It's been like that for almost two decades.
Play on higher difficulties. It becomes that+survival game :V

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
There's no such thing as a good musou
The Queen will murder you
they can be really good to just jump in and feel really cool about fucking up loads of mobs in pretty flashy ways, im still not 100% on dw9 they have put alot of work in post release for sure.

but then again i also really enjoyed ninety nine nights.

sorta comes back to another arugment i made ages ago how so many people aim to take the fun out of games and always wanna pick out faults etc, like yea mosou games are pretty simple but dam if i dont have fun playing them sometimes, i dont need some over elabrotae combo system to have fun. if i want something hard and rewarding ill just play ninja gaiden black on master ninja, that isnt the sorta gameplay i expect walking into a musou game.

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
that's not exactly a high bar ;)
Yeah, and then there's the fact that oculus did what epic is doing only already for a few years. But nobody gave a shit. Because it's vr. Fuck Facebook. Fuck epic. Nate Mitchell is the same kind of weasel Timmy always was.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, and then there's the fact that oculus did what epic is doing only already for a few years. But nobody gave a shit. Because it's vr. Fuck Facebook. Fuck epic. Nate Mitchell is the same kind of weasel Timmy always was.
yeah, pretty much ... and you're absolutely right - no one gave a fuck just because it was VR ... well, other than like the 5 people who actually use VR, that is :p

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
So for anyone interested in Puyo Puyo, Yakuza and TSR. Puyo Puyo Champions steam count down clock lists it as releasing in 1 day and 15 hours from now. (in my area at least). So it seems to be releasing at midnight EST. So it makes me wonder if Kiwami 2 and TSR will also have midnight launches?

The last SEGA JP release to have a midnight release was Shining Resonance Refrain (even though it released at midnight PST not EST), While every other release like Catherine, Valkyira Chronicles 4, Yakuza 0/Kiwami, and Shenumue 1+2 released at noon EST. I guess we'll find out about Yakuza in a few days when the clock changes to hours instead of just "4 days"

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
yeah, pretty much ... and you're absolutely right - no one gave a fuck just because it was VR ... well, other than like the 5 people who actually use VR, that is :p
I use the Oculus store! I don't mind it and don't compare it to the Epic store. It has cloud saves for one!

I think Oculus at least have done something different and it's not a barebones launcher as I really like Oculus Home and launching games through there while staying in VR. I launch games I've bought on Steam through Oculus home as well so I just put on the headset and pick what I want to play. I've found running VR stuff through Steam a little clunky but I presume it works better with a Vive.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I use the Oculus store! I don't mind it and don't compare it to the Epic store. It has cloud saves for one!

I think Oculus at least have done something different and it's not a barebones launcher as I really like Oculus Home and launching games through there while staying in VR. I launch games I've bought on Steam through Oculus home as well so I just put on the headset and pick what I want to play. I've found running VR stuff through Steam a little clunky but I presume it works better with a Vive.
don't volvo have their version of home as well?

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
That's what I mean by "I've found running VR stuff through Steam a little clunky but I presume it works better with a Vive. " I've just found the Oculus home running better on the oculus headset.

I do tend to buy vr games more often on Steam, but launch them through oculus home.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
That's what I mean by "I've found running VR stuff through Steam a little clunky but I presume it works better with a Vive. " I've just found the Oculus home running better on the oculus headset.

I do tend to buy vr games more often on Steam, but launch them through oculus home.
ahhhh, i see ... sorry :p

i just wasn't sure if they do ... i've never even seen it, lol

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018

Well, good that you don't mind it I guess? And my criticism doesn't come from the fact that their interface is different than valves, even if I think it's too much bling for nothing and prefer steam vr, my criticism comes from the fact that they buy (timed) exclusives, exactly like epic and that they tried to close down their system from everything else, even tried to lock out revive if it weren't for the major backlash.
They have it as well, yes.

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
So it seems like a overclocked 2060 has very similar performance to the 2070 🤔
If I can get someone to buy my 970 for like 150 euros or whatever I think it's time for me to upgrade!

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
If I can get someone to buy my 970 for like 150 euros or whatever I think it's time for me to upgrade!
How much of an overclock would you need to put into a 2060 to get 2070 performance?

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
I am still on a 970 too but prices are insane. May have to wait another generation to make it really worth it.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Hah. I actually tried it not so long ago. Disappointing that there's no active volleyball playing!
It's better this way. More time to actively coach the volleyball team :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I only use Dark Reader for sites that don't have a decent Stylus option to choose from, or like say Google.docs cuz I can't stand all that white and I work a lot in google docs.

As for actual google search...

I just use a custom style that allowed me to pick my own Background lol. \o/
Woah. I actually have Stylus installed somehow but disabled. I can't remember installing it never mind messing about with it. And you know what? Now that I've enabled it, It's even better than Dark Reader! Browsing is officially upgraded :cat-heart-blob:

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Borderlands 2 runs bad with gtx 1070, 30% used and still fps drops. some people says is Win 10, other is physx, other the drivers.

Reactions: MJunioR

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Engaged in some more jolly cooperation today. Been helping out at Oceiros, the consumed king and the Lothric castle bros as those two bosses gave me a load of trouble and I only eventually got passed them thanks to the help of fellow SunBros. Im re-paying my debt.

I Love Dark Souls!!!!

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Is it possible to zap with static something in my PC if I cover it with a blanket while disconnected from the power outlet?

Reactions: 「Echo」
Status
Not open for further replies.