Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
While we're suggesting things, and because it'll take me forever to reach 300 posts at my pace, a quote (color) highlighting feature like that of ResetEra would be nice. Alerts work well, but you can often miss a reply as you're scrolling through.

PC Gaming Show this year will be something to remember, that's for sure.
The Epic Games Store situation has driven me to disgust already by some of the reactions to it. Whether it's the disingenuous arguments of forum posters, or the apathy shown by much of the media, I can't say I'm looking forward to more of it.

I enjoy listening to the Giant Bombcast on occasion. I've certainly disagreed with their thoughts and opinions about many things, but never have I felt so disgusted by the situation as a whole that as they began (in this week's episode) discussing Tim Sweeney's promise to call of exclusives as an honorable act (because he wants to make the PC platform a better place) I had had enough.

On another note, I recently found out that GeForce Now has been free for a year. Is this basically just Steam Link, but with the option to play on their datacenters? Has anyone tried both?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
While we're suggesting things, and because it'll take me forever to reach 300 posts at my pace, a quote (color) highlighting features like that of ResetEra would be nice. Alerts work well, but you can often miss a reply as you're scrolling through.
you need to post more ;)

but yeah - there is no addon that does that, unfortunately :( so it would have to be custom-made ... as in: not cheap ... VERY not-cheap :(

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Can the MC font be changed to the ERA one? I don't like this font.
You can always use a CSS style editing extension. I don't get why Raleway is used for everything here, it's not a good body text font. I have it swapped out for IBM Plex Sans.

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
How I picture lashman when he shit talks shlooters
:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Since my exclusivity contract specifies I should post something on-topic once in a while, I'm really enjoying Pillars of Eternity but it's so poorly optimized it kinda hurts. 5-10 seconds-long loading screens every time you change area or quicksave is too much, specially considering some areas have you going back and forth a lot.

Last edited:

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
Shmups are goddamn hard. How do some go through them with no game over, let alone 1CC them, is beyond me.

It's a bad game and apart from knowing a few characters in it's connection to DR3 anime, it's not worth it.
whats the best way to experience it?
Bubsy is infinitely better than animu ...
Finally a place where I can post my Bubsy Fan art

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 113

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
How many addons do you guys use, really?
I have an adblocker and that's pretty much it.
I'm on Chrome, but only a few of the ones I use are vital (*):
  • *Enhanced Steam
  • *Steam Inventory Helper
  • Authy
  • *uBlock
  • RSS Feed Reader
  • Coil
  • Dark Reader
  • Google's Password Checkup

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
ublock origin
bookmarker organizer
dark reader
tampermonkey
RES and automatic directing to old reddit

whats the best way to experience it?
watch the cutscenes on youtube and listen to the OST. also thanks for the cursed image i won't be sleeping anytime soon

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

Many people bemoan the initial setup of NoScript and constantly having to tinker with it every time you visit a new website. But it is NoScript which revealed to me just how... shady and shitty many websites are with advertisers/tracking/external nonsense.

NoScript of course also serves as the ultimate backup incase of a failure on uBlocks part. Nothing enters or exits my browser without my permission. I like it this way.

So... that's why I say I'm dead in the water without my add-ons. There's no way in heck I would browse the net outside of a few websites (like here) without them.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Many people bemoan the initial setup of NoScript and constantly having to tinker with it every time you visit a new website. But it is NoScript which revealed to me just how... shady and shitty many websites are with advertisers/tracking/external nonsense.

NoScript of course also serves as the ultimate backup incase of a failure on uBlocks part. Nothing enters or exits my browser without my permission. I like it this way.

So... that's why I say I'm dead in the water without my add-ons. There's no way in heck I would browse the net outside of a few websites (like here) without them.
Can you sync the whitelist across different computers, so you don't have to white list same website multiple times

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Can you sync the whitelist across different computers, so you don't have to white list same website multiple times
I dunno about any of that syncing stuff. I turn all that auto-stuff off. I like to be firmly in control.

You can manually import/export your NoScript settings though, that I know.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Woke up and paniced as Firefox had dumped my addons, Glad to see people have sorted it here. If you still have problems then Enable Studies under Privacy & Security, restart firefox and the addons should be reenabled in a few seconds. You can then disable studies again if you want.

As we're listing addons, my Addons are:

HTTPS Everywhere
No Coin
Privacy Possum
HLS-Ad-Block
uBlock Origin
uMatrix
Zoom Page WE
Cyberpunk VSCode Theme

At work i also use Midnight Lizard to allow me to apply a custom palette to every website. Slow on some massive sites but lets me make some gaming sites look more subdued.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Add-ons? Mine are (Chrome):

Activate on Steam
Augmented Steam
rikaikun
Steam Database
Tampermonkey
uBlock Origin
View Image - "Bild ansehen" für Google Bildersuche

And I've just added a bunch of those security/privacy ones posted above (y)

Reactions: 「Echo」

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019

Thanks! Just installed Dark Reader. Been wishing for a dark theme option for every website I frequent for quite a while now. SUCK IT GOOGLE :LOL:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Decided to uninstall Sekiro. Not gonna force myself through this. Maybe I'll come back to it someday.

I hope Plague Tale is as good as it looks, getting really hyped for it. Still don't know how I'm gonna afford it though.

I envy people experiencing Stein's Gate for the first time, it's one of my favorite things in the world. Gonna have to wait for a big price drop on Elite so I can finally experience LBP.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
My 428 Shibuya Scramble experience in a nutshell:

Hour 1 - Man, what the fuck is this Tama character. Too weird for me, Japan.

Hour 12 - New chapter! TAMA TIME, BAYBEE.

I love this game so much.

I envy people experiencing Stein's Gate for the first time, it's one of my favorite things in the world. Gonna have to wait for a big price drop on Elite so I can finally experience LBP.
Same here! I finally picked up SG0 the other day, but I've already got Chaos Child and 428 that I'm playing currently. I really got into the idea of VNs after SG and being a little burnt out with games in general, but I should pace myself.

(I managed to snag LBP during that brief window it was free for everyone (a pricing glitch), but I'll save it for when I play through SG Elite. Weird thing: because I grabbed LBP, I'm unable to purchase Elite. Kinda messed up! Guess I'll have to remove it from my account at some point.)

Last edited:

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Thanks! Just installed Dark Reader. Been wishing for a dark theme option for every website I frequent for quite a while now. SUCK IT GOOGLE :LOL:
I only use Dark Reader for sites that don't have a decent Stylus option to choose from, or like say Google.docs cuz I can't stand all that white and I work a lot in google docs.

As for actual google search...
I just use a custom style that allowed me to pick my own Background lol. \o/

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
When I asked, I was told the "No j-pop" rule exists simply because Mr.Orange is a K-pop stan instead. :face-with-cold-sweat:
K-pop is absolutely awful, and I don't mean in just the way it sounds either; without getting too much into it I'll just suggest this video:

Shmups are goddamn hard. How do some go through them with no game over, let alone 1CC them, is beyond me.
A lot of practice. A whole heck of a lot.
Looking up a guide on how to get past certain tricky parts when you're having trouble (or just straight up watching super-plays for routes) is a possibility too. Whether that "ruins the game" for you is a personal thing, but honestly replaying a section of an incredibly tough shmup 1000 times to figure out how the developers intended one to get through unscathed (without having godlike reactions/movement or incredible luck to weave through everything) isn't my personal idea of fun.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Great suspender and Session buddy.
Still didn't find a tab scrolling addon for chrome. Google are idiots and make tabs smaller instead of scrolling.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I don't get why Raleway is used for everything here, it's not a good body text font.
:negative-blob:

Lashman Simulator
:disapproval-blob:

How I picture lashman when he shit talks shlooters

i currently have 35 addons installed in my firefox ;) (no, really)

Finally a place where I can post my Bubsy Fan art

K-pop is absolutely awful, and I don't mean in just the way it sounds either; without getting too much into it I'll just suggest this video:

it's a great video ... and a great channel ... everyone should subscribe!

Firefox was mistake lol

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I only use Dark Reader for sites that don't have a decent Stylus option to choose from, or like say Google.docs cuz I can't stand all that white and I work a lot in google docs.
Thank you for letting me know about this. I was using Stylus already and getting really disappointed when certain website (like The AV Club) didn't have a theme or any dark mode options. This is a lifesaver.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm kind of in a PnC mood these days (a thing that didn't happen for years), and the vitality of the scene is nice to see.

Just played through Bertram Fiddle 1 on ipad yesterday and it was a good time overall. Now, as though love goes, I want to destroy the game. It is far too short, loses steam by the middle point, lack some background variety, is oh so easy... but it's because the spark was here and the potential was apparent.
Unfortunate to learn that the second one is famous for its game breaking bugs, because I really liked this world and hope the dev can continue tuning their craft.

Now to shell out 5 euros for a bug riddled second episode, and risking not being able to finish it...

--

By the way, how does the steam link for android works ? it's streaming I suppose ? Are perf good ? How are the touch controls ?
So nerdy that I'm half tempted to buy a phone for PnC and VN :drinking-blob:

Are there good joypad addons ?

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
By the way, how does the steam link for android works ? it's streaming I suppose ? Are perf good ? How are the touch controls ?
So nerdy that I'm half tempted to buy a phone for PnC and VN :drinking-blob:
Are there good joypad addons ?
Wouldn't it just be easier to get GPD Win 2?
Native is always better than streaming.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Wouldn't it just be easier to get GPD Win 2?
Native is always better than streaming.
It's the elephant in the room yeah, but the thing costs an arm (and far from what I'm ready to invest in a phone).
I respect it, it's a remarkable piece of kit, but I respect it from a safe distance :fearful-face:

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
It's the elephant in the room yeah, but the thing costs an arm (and far from what I'm ready to invest in a phone).
I respect it, it's a remarkable piece of kit, but I respect it from a safe distance :fearful-face:
I personally wouldn't even consider a phone without OLED screen, and with that the cost is... well, not that far off from Win 2.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
Status
Not open for further replies.