Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Another month of mainly backlog play for me! Though I did get a little sidetracked by getting 428 on sale (so fun). I tiered my backlog in terms of priority even. Hope to get through at least half of my top priority list this year.

Any recommendations for some casual games to play using touch phone controls via the Steam Link app?
I think visual novels could work well -- if that's your kind of thing. Try Steins Gate, Ace Attorney, or Nonary Games.

Don't we have an official Hitman thread?

I am posting here instead.
I started to play the first Hitman, finally. I wonder which way is the most preferred to play Hitman, with keyboard or with controller? I played with keyboard but I feel that I have to look at the keyboard to find a key for certain actions
The first being the 2016 one, I assume? I always preferred controller. Works well since almost everything locks on and if you find yourself in a shootout, you probably messed up. Though for sniping I also switch to KB/M briefly, like blindrhythm said.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Well, I ended up doing my part for the weeb sale and bought Shining Resonance.
Kinda expect nothing out of it, I know it won't be a grand epic adventure but... whatever, as long as it's fun enough to play.

And... my first impression is fairly positive.

The fact that combat is actually better than anything Tales of ever managed to produce is quite a slap in the face. Repetitive? I have no doubt it will be. But having a multi hit base attack, a character specific guard break ability and the the usual skills on top of it?
I can make longer combos in the tutorial fight than in 95% of Tales of Vesperia.
And that's probably not a good thing that I replayed ToV just a few months ago, because the combat was (mostly) trash and made me more than doubt the taste of worldwide weebs.

If a random bootleg-ass JRPG like Shining Resonance can have more involved combat mechanics (you have to hit ennemies at the right time and not just spam, incredible, right?), significantly less after casts on everything, and bother having animations interwoven between attacks... I wonder what it says about Tales of.

Especially playing a crappy clone that mocks the glorious Shining name.

Deleted member 113

I started to play the first Hitman, finally. I wonder which way is the most preferred to play Hitman, with keyboard or with controller? I played with keyboard but I feel that I have to look at the keyboard to find a key for certain actions
I use a keyboard + mouse, despite playing a lot of games with a controller. :giggle:

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Deleted member 113

Did you rebind the keys? I probably will be playing with a controller. Some keys seems out of place
I don't recall exactly, but in most games I do end up rebinding some keys (not many, but I always place "crouch" on the Ctrl key, "run" on the left shift key, and I frequently change the "interact" key to E, so I probably made similar changes here).

Reactions: Deku

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Ohhh~ fast thread again. Mornin' everyone! ;)

Index VR not even close to my radar since Valve still won't sell hardware to Norway. You can't even load the store page for the device without a VPN. 😂
Can't buy Steam controller or Link either.
Meant to quote this when it was still April, but ouch. How come Valve doesn't sell stuff to Norway is it a tax thing?

Off to a great start the new month is. Will be hard to top this level of stupidity but we got 31 days after all.

Like Ascheroth said why the heck would I buy a game for a platform I don't wanna use anymore just to be forced to rebuy on my preferred platform? o_O

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
LMAO I completely forgot about Bubsy!!!

Whatta blast from the past that is my childhood.
you're welcome :)

When lash doesn't like my post, I feel like I have done something wrong.

:negative-blob:
i'm sorry 😭

which means it must be anime-related.
:wd_duck:
:disapproval-blob:

That's even worse than "Buy this other game on the platform, then maybe this one will come."
i too love to be blackmailed by a developer ...

All this Monkey Island and classic pnc talk
you're welcome ;)

Didn’t EDF 4 do stupidly well on PC? i’m shocked they’re pulling this instead of just releasing it on PC day 1.
indeed it did

Don't we have an official Hitman thread?
BernardoOne, get on it!!! :)

Any recommendations for some casual games to play using touch phone controls via the Steam Link app?

New thread, thanks!
Another month, another great thread!

Let's see if the month can keep up with the coolness of this thread 👏👏🤟
thank you, thank you! :cat-heart-blob:

It shouldn't be that hard since we already have a lot of cool anime games on the horizon.

I thought Anime in this thread was against the rules!
IT IS!!!

Not having anime here is against the rules.

Ohhh~ fast thread again. Mornin' everyone! ;)
yes, it's nice when it happens :D

Like Ascheroth said why the heck would I buy a game for a platform I don't wanna use anymore just to be forced to rebuy on my preferred platform? o_O
because reasons

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
For those waiting for a higher discount on Tokyo Xanadu eX+, the game is currently 80% off:

Tokyo Xanadu is a really cool game.
It probably has my favorite Falcom NPCs™ out of all their games I've played (and I've played all the ones on Steam).
It's kind of like a Trails of Cold Steel in modern day Japan with a combat system that is a cross between Ys and Zwei? I had a lot of fun with it.
The story is not super amazing, but still very good and it just scratches that Persona-like school x supernatural itch.
Music is great too.
Play it on hard though and Cheat Engine to give yourself unlimited bonding points.

I'm totally not biased because my name is in the credits or anything. :whistle:

Deleted member 113

BLACK BIRD is currently on sale, and it's a lot of fun:

Neo ATLAS 1469 is also on sale, and I had a lot of fun with it. It's a game that takes place during the "Age of Discovery", where you, as a Portuguese explorer, try to map the world, and establish trading routes. It combines real history, with some fantasy/mythological elements, to provide a light, accessible, and enjoyable game:

And, Japanese developers TRIANGLE SERVICE have a couple of self-published games on Steam that most people are probably unaware of (I had all their previous games on Steam, and even I was unaware until recently that these two titles were already on Steam since last year :giggle:):

Last edited by a moderator:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I've been whistling Monkey Island songs all morning thanks to this thread!

The original Monkey Island is in my top 5 favorite games of all time. It's not the best point and click game, or even the best Monkey Island game, but it's still my favorite. I was like 12? when I got it for Christmas. I'd asked for LOOM, but thankfully Radio Shack only had a 2-pack that included LOOM and Monkey Island. After finishing LOOM by 3pm on Xmas day, I begrudgingly loaded the lame looking pirate game. I ended up loving it so much, and got stuck SO many times. I'm pretty sure it took a month for me and my brothers to finish it. There was not internet then, so we couldn't just look up solutions.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Deleted member 113

My gaming budget for the month is a bit tight, and I just blew most of it during the current sale. :giggle:

But, many of my wish-listed games and DLCs got "generous" discounts, so for around the price of a Gold Edition of a AAA game, I managed to buy a very cool selection of games and DLCs:

-428: Shibuya Scramble
-SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy DELUXE PACK
-Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (+DLCs)
-Tokyo Xanadu eX+ (+DLCs)
-A-Train PC Classic
-Arcade Love + OST
-GyroShooter + OST

And, the DLCs I was missing for:
-Fire Pro Wrestling World
-The Hurricane of the Varstray
-Trouble Witches Origin
-Game Tengoku

hankenta

Dec 9, 2018
Meant to quote this when it was still April, but ouch. How come Valve doesn't sell stuff to Norway is it a tax thing?
Not sure. We're not a member of the EU, but that shouldn't be a problem since we're part still part of the EU market through EEA and EFTA. I think Norway even has its own pricing region on Steam instead of being part of one of the bigger EU ones.

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
Interested in Puyo Puyo, Trials of Fire, Pax Nova and Druidstone this month, Shakedown Hawaii on console... i can wait a couple months for Rage 2 to get a good deal on Steam and for Total War to have the inevitable issues ironed out.

As with every month lately i'm already over budget if the games all turn out looking good and there are sure to be more surprises coming.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Picked up 428, Ys Origins and Zwei Zwei during the sale. I;ve got fairly high hopes for all three.
Those are three of the all-time greats! You can't go wrong with any of them. A patrician's choice. I can recommend getting Zwei Eins as well.

-A-Train PC Classic
-Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (+DLCs)
Let us know how you go with these. The discount wasn't deep enough and the regional pricing reared its ugly head yet again so I might have to wait for Summer Seal for it.

--

I've bought Zero Time Dilemma, World End Economica and cute suffering yuri Nurse Love Addiction by Knurek 's recommendation. I might just have to pick up Umineko Answer Arcs as well before the sale is over.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Speaking of Flowers I wish JAST would put the rest of their stuff on Steam as well... They're sitting on quite a few properties. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Finished up my sale buys as well, with Nurse Love Addiction and the NIS SRPG bundle.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I continue to be impressed with Anima: Gate of Memories. Main Boss 1 and 3 down, right in front of Boss 2.
I am genuinely puzzled why this is only Mixed on Steam. My best guess is that it doesn't really hold your hand regarding where you should go (I mistakenly did Area 3 first because I missed a very obvious lever in Area 1, lol. Then I reached the boss, got my ass handed to me and started wondering if maybe I shouldn't go somewhere else first and get stronger...) and has quite a lot of puzzles that require you to think and read the various lore you get. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, it's not a "turn your brain off and hack and slash your way through the enemies" experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.