Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
I've had a few drinks.
Fuck Epic.
The fact that they haven't tapped into the weeaboo market is such an incredible blessing. MonHun, visual novels, VR hentai (and otherwise), Touhou, all Steam baby. Can't even articulate to you how much I'm looking forward to Iceborne and World of Horror.

Thank you for reading and tune in next month when I complain about censorship, and how consoles are holding video games back.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I've had a few drinks.
Fuck Epic.
The fact that they haven't tapped into the weeaboo market is such an incredible blessing. MonHun, visual novels, VR hentai (and otherwise), Touhou, all Steam baby. Can't even articulate to you how much I'm looking forward to Iceborne and World of Horror.

Thank you for reading and tune in next month when I complain about censorship, and how consoles are holding video games back.
The one group of games I wish EGS could o all in on and I don't think they'll touch it with a 10 foot moneyhatting pole

Reactions: xinek and Nabs

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I...I think I may have a problem with Steam Badges now...
Also, what the fuck with the Rage 2 twitter account mocking a Forbes contributor. I was ready to preorder the game but I'm having second thoughts now.
It wasn't even really a "Forbes contributor" in the sense of some unknown schmuck writing a blog-post.

It was Paul Tassi, he's a known actual quantity.

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, brands trying to be "woke," "memey" or "hip" on social media.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
It wasn't even really a "Forbes contributor" in the sense of some unknown schmuck writing a blog-post.

It was Paul Tassi, he's a known actual quantity.

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, brands trying to be "woke," "memey" or "hip" on social media.
Its like those people havent heard of the Streisand effect.

Reactions: Ex-User (307)

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Man, I'm playing through RE6 and I'm just gonna say that I'm happy that Capcom got their shit back together. Because JEEZ.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I started RUINER for the first time, initial impressions were that it seemed neat if really hard to read when you're going to get hit, but going to the city after the first level and it almost instantly managed to make me mad. I went to explore and got punished for it because I went down an alley that wasn't described on the map and it put me in a room I couldn't leave and all the paths in there went to fights I couldn't win? I had to exit to the menu and reload a checkpoint to get out of it. And I have no idea what it was. The menu said it was some level or other but it also changed the difficulty in there.

I dunno, I really don't like games that throw an open / explore phase at you and then make you regret exploring. That's not a great design. I guess I"ll just follow the checkpoints and pretend the rest of it doesn't exist.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
If you don't own it, drop me a message, I have an extra key. ;)
Ah, thank you for your kindness but I couldn't accept that in good conscience with the horrible backlog that I have 😅 Who knows when I'd get around to it. I need to clear at least a dozen more games before I add a new one to the stack, hah.

My new policy for buying games is to assess whether I've gotta play it right now or if I'd be content going through my backlog. Responsible spending woo!

Deleted member 113

For those that can understand the information that's on Steamdb, can anyone please let me know if this DLC (that has a "free" button on its Steamdb page) adds actual content to an account if added:

I know some DLCs are listed as "free" on Steamdb, but if you add them they don't actually install or do anything, they are empty.

The DLC above was apparently given in Taiwan in some ASUS event, or with the purchase of some items on an event, so users outside of Taiwan have no legal way to get it, so I'm hoping I can add it to my account through this method. :)

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
i cant wait for if it ever happens i you buy a ea game on consoles it launches a origin type app on top off the xbox stuff to then launch a ea/origin game,

bare in mind this wouldnt be anything unexpcted, ubisoft already nearly did this with the first design of uplay or around that time i very much remember with prince of persia forgotten sands uplay was all sorts of bork with its implementation and would launch itself with the game and when you wanted to claim your rewards too.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
i cant wait for if it ever happens i you buy a ea game on consoles it launches a origin type app on top off the xbox stuff to then launch a ea/origin game,

bare in mind this wouldnt be anything unexpcted, ubisoft already nearly did this with the first design of uplay or around that time i very much remember with prince of persia forgotten sands uplay was all sorts of bork with its implementation and would launch itself with the game and when you wanted to claim your rewards too.
Even better would be if you could only buy digital EA games if you download the Origin app on PSN and so forth. Then comes a Devolver app, an Epic app, a Bethesda app, an Activision app -- each with their own logins of course.

🔥 Welcome to our hell >: D 🔥

(Hope it never comes to pass but the reaction would be entertaining if it ever does)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Which one of these should I focus on first? I have had these pretty much untouched except for Sekiro and FFVI which I have both played 4 hours of:

Sekiro
FFVI
DMC5
Metro: Exodus

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
By the time you finish FF6 I imagine you'd have to relearn how to play Sekiro whereas for FF6 you could just quickly read a wiki to catch up. I'd go for Sekiro. But FF6 also seems like a good game to casually play on days that you're not up for Sekiro since it's mechanically the polar opposite of that.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Wow at that rage 2 tweet. I don't understand how so many companies come of as so damn insecure. You don't have feelings!
It's a marketing gimmick (combined with a grudge at Kotaku, I assume) Lot's of people playing games already are already thinking they have a "relationship" with companies like Sony or Nintendo, so publishers are just using this tendency to push their product even more. It's pretty clever.
Kotaku should be blacklisted though. They’re awful
I feel it's just a matter of what you expect from these sites. They are decent as enthusiast media, giving people something to be hyped about, and some entertaining bits o news and info.
Actual investigative work isn't really a thing most people want, nor willing to fund, and so it's not suprising that Schreier is basically the only one doing this kind of thing. I am impressed how Kotaku is standing behind him, even when it leads to them getting blacklisted by big publishing houses like Zenimax.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's a marketing gimmick (combined with a grudge at Kotaku, I assume) Lot's of people playing games already are already thinking they have a "relationship" with companies like Sony or Nintendo, so publishers are just using this tendency to push their product even more. It's pretty clever.
it's basically this:

Actual investigative work isn't really a thing most people want, nor willing to fund, and so it's not suprising that Schreier is basically the only one doing this kind of thing. I am impressed how Kotaku is standing behind him, even when it leads to them getting blacklisted by big publishing houses like Zenimax.
yes, exactly ... that's also why most websites DON'T do articles like that ... and DON'T ask publishers hard questions

because if they do - they'll get their ass blacklisted (sometimes their entire outlet!) ... so no more review copies, no more preview events etc.

the publishers basically got them by the balls

that's why you get articles that are basically just copy/pasted press releases ... or clickbait ... because they have to get the money from somewhere ... or just close down

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Played a bit more of FF Type-0 but...nah just didn't feel like it :S It has some good core ideas, but the overall presentation+30 FPS lock feels like a drag to play through.

Tizoc That's an msi installer error confirming that your FF11 installation is so borked it's borked it's installation logs and can't uninstall properly. I suspect it's down to UAC and admin rights though.
I'd check the %TEMP% folder for both your user account and the admin account to see if there's a log file which will tell you what component is failing to uninstall.

Try finding the ff11 uninstall exe and running it as an admin, it might be there's some files in protected folders it needs to remove/repair?
Check the uninstall shortcut in the start menu to see if there a command line, elevate a cmd prompt and paste the command line in and see how that goes.

Give the nirsoft My Uninstaller app a go: Nirsoft - My Uninstaller
Gracias amigo, I'll try that now.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
RAGE 2 preload seems to be fixed now. 31.0GB
Still waiting to see if it will have any steam features (Achievements? Cards? Will it launch Bethesda launcher?). But I will be getting it more than likely. I like every Bethesada published game..except maybe Brink, they burned me there day 1..
edit. I see they updated the store page and it now says Achievements + Cloud Saves on Steam, woo hoo. I also see it unlocks on Monday in AU, hopefully I can VPN!

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I've finished with Ace Attorney Trilogy.

That was truly something special. The twists and turns on the final case were too good. As much as I love 1-4 and 1-5, case 3-5 was a different kind of good in a sense that Phoenix didn't rely on the 11th-hour extra evidence, gimmick witness or anything like that. It just feels like he's using his skills and what he has learned across 3 games. Although I must admit, the final suspect reveal was pretty cool and seeing it in a high resolution was hype as hell.

Well, time to grab the other games and safely insert them into my backlog. Some parting screenshots:

Next on my list to play would be a short interlude of Death Mark followed by Muv-Luv Extra.

Last edited:

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I've finished with Ace Attorney Trilogy.

That was truly something special. The twists and turns on the final case were too good. As much as I love 1-4 and 1-5, case 3-5 was a different kind of good in a sense that Phoenix didn't rely on the 11th-hour extra evidence, gimmick witness or anything like that. It just feels like he's using his skills and what he has learned across 3 games. Although I must admit, the final suspect reveal was pretty cool and seeing it in a high resolution was hype as hell.
Next on my list to play would be a short interlude of Death Mask followed by Muv-Luv Extra.
It's hands down one of the greatest sagas of all time, let's hope they bring the rest as well. :D

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Next on my list to play would be a short interlude of Death Mask followed by Muv-Luv Extra.
Let me just tell you that Extra might feel like a downgrade coming from Ace Attorney, but it's absolutely crucial for both Unlimited (which is a massive upgrade) and Alternative (which is one of the best VNs out there, on par with S;G, Umineko and Fata Morgana IMO)

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
So that's the end of Sekiro for me. I feel like is should start a NG+ run while I still remember how to play. I have most of the skills and only need a few more upgrades on the shinobi tools.

Overall was a great time, From really knows how to make great fights and bosses. I still think I like the character customization in Dark Souls more than here, but I guess that's the trade off for getting a named character and more coherent plot.

Reactions: Eferis

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I need to return to Ace Attorney, but I'm probably not going anywhere close to it with Kiwami 2's Four Shine.
Pretty much stopped everything else the moment I've unlocked the Club.. Blazed straight through the first league.
I should probably stop though and wait until I've unlocked some hostesses from sidestories.
And I'm curious about the Clan Creator.

Reactions: NarohDethan

FunnyJay