Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Yeah, not sure about the next AC since it might release after the EGS - Ubi deal ends (and if its not extended, of course), but WD3, GRB and whatever Ubi announces during this FY is going to be EGS and uPlay only.
Is it confirmed to only be for the current FY?

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Is it confirmed to only be for the current FY?
Don't think that Ubi has publicly confirmed that, so not 100% sure. After all, unless Epic have zero interest in continuing this deal I can see Ubisoft accepting an extension of it for the next year and on, it should be doing wonders for them and uPlay.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 badges on Steam are pretty meh, way worse than Y0 and Kiwami badges. Why SEGA can't make some using the style that they used in Y0 again? Still, their backgrounds and emoticons are cool.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Ouch... over here (Brazil) Ubisoft has "adjusted" regional prices for Breakpoint in comparison to The Division 2 by 11%, 49% and 57% for the standard, gold and ultimate editions. $45, $76 and $91 dollars.

Add to that no third-party key sellers discounts and the price increase is... considerable.

Now, I was never going to buy Breakpoint, but was still in doubt about the next AC.... guess Ubi decided for me.

The "interesting" part, if I didn't mess up looking, is that they also changed Russia prices to be more or less the same in dollar as my region, which required a 50%, 31% and 30% bump.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Don't think that Ubi has publicly confirmed that, so not 100% sure. After all, unless Epic have zero interest in continuing this deal I can see Ubisoft accepting an extension of it for the next year and on, it should be doing wonders for them and uPlay.
yeah ... i'm pretty sure ubi's current plan is "take epic's money for as long as possible and when that well runs dry - just move everything to uplay exclusively"

either way - they're not coming back to steam

Ouch... over here (Brazil) Ubisoft has "adjusted" regional prices for Breakpoint in comparison to The Division 2 by 11%, 49% and 57% for the standard, gold and ultimate editions. $45, $76 and $91 dollars.

Add to that no third-party key sellers discounts and the price increase is... considerable.

Now, I was never going to buy Breakpoint, but was still in doubt about the next AC.... guess Ubi decided for me.

The "interesting" part, if I didn't mess up looking, is that they also changed Russia prices to be more or less the same in dollar as my region, which required a 50%, 31% and 30% bump.
isn't competition awesome?

Reactions: Rogue Agent

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

The best part is this is an increase on top of the increase their games already had on the EGS. We went from $40 on Steam to $43 on EGS and now $46 on the span of a couple weeks.

Golly gee, isn't it really surprising that this is the same company phasing out product keys? But it's ok, these exclusivity deals will trickle down aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy daaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy noooooooooooooow

Reactions: xinek and lashman

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Ubisoft's handling of certain regions has always been shitty, remember that they were petty enough to make separate versions for Russia/China for a while which only included Russian and Chinese language, no English.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The best part is this is an increase on top of the increase their games already had on the EGS. We went from $40 on Steam to $43 on EGS and now $46 on the span of a couple weeks.

Golly gee, isn't it really surprising that this is the same company phasing out product keys? But it's ok, these exclusivity deals will trickle down aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy daaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy noooooooooooooow
Ubisoft's handling of certain regions has always been shitty, remember that they were petty enough to make separate versions for Russia/China for a while which only included Russian and Chinese language, no English.
yeah ... like i've been saying - ubi have ALWAYS been this shitty ...

it's just that most people seem to have already forgotten how they've been treating PC players for well over a decade now

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018

It's great! I get to pay 50% more (usually got the "gold" version of AC games) and not have it on the store that I prefer. What's not to like?

And I'm sure is just an incredible coincidence that all of this is happening at the same time...

It always been little "bipolar". They had somewhat decent prices but did that really shitty thing with the languages. Fortunately over here English was available.

But now they appear to be heading in the direction of Bethesda's "batshit crazy" policy for regional pricing. They aren't there yet. Probably need one or two more releases.

Reactions: lashman

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
yeah ... i'm pretty sure ubi's current plan is "take epic's money for as long as possible and when that well runs dry - just move everything to uplay exclusively"

either way - they're not coming back to steam

They make it quite easy to ignore their games every few years dont they?
If it's not shitty pricing it's drm or some other anti-consumer policy that puts their games behind these walls for no real apparent rrason other than Ubisoft decides it can.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Does anyone have any impression of Kiwami 2's performance? :wd_pc:
It's pretty heavy on the graphics card. It takes a GTX 1660 Ti or GTX 1070 to run at 1080p60 without lowering the render scaling, and even with these cards there's framerate drops during cutscenes that have alot of characters on screen (the very first cutscene).

With how heavy this game is, I wish it had an option for automatic render scaling (lowering the resolution automatically when the game can't hit the target framerate).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
They make it quite easy to ignore their games every few years dont they?
If it's not shitty pricing it's drm or some other anti-consumer policy that puts their games behind these walls for no real apparent rrason other than Ubisoft decides it can.
pretty much, yeah ... although personally for me - this will be the first time i actually stop buying their games ... so this time around they lost even me :p and that says a lot since i own pretty much all ubi games that were ever on steam

oh boy ...

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
My thoughts exactly. I expect many EGS exclusives and it's very likely that w'll have to wait weeks or even longer for confirmation about this matter. I'm definitely NOT watching any E3 conferences this year. Thanks Epic!
well they already made 2 of their games exclusive ... consumer-friendly my ass

Reactions: undu and Ge0force

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Is this new (being able to chose the language before starting the download)? Normally the process goes for me: I download the game, start it up, see it is in German, quit out, set the language to English, wait a minute and hop back in.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Is this new (being able to chose the language before starting the download)? Normally the process goes for me: I download the game, start it up, see it is in German, quit out, set the language to English, wait a minute and hop back in.

nope, that's DEFINITELY new! nice!

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

You could always select the language before starting the download (or while downloading it).
Simply right click on the library entry -> properties -> language.

In that dialog it's definitely new though (and makes a ton of sense).

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
Does anyone want a Pathologic 2 20% off coupon? Though I guess that was given to all original Pathologic owners. Maybe.

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
If you have a growing backlog problem and don't know how to deal with it, here is a simple solution - don't have money to spend on games:

And even out of those 55 games, 48 are from cheap bundles + regional prices. Honestly, most of my backlog come from cheap bundles, but I almost stopped buying even them. But I guess that's the whole reason I was collecting all this stuff for years, to have something to play when I can't afford getting new games.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
If you have a growing backlog problem and don't know how to deal with it, here is a simple solution - don't have money to spend on games:

And even out of those 55 games, 48 are from cheap bundles + regional prices. Honestly, most of my backlog come from cheap bundles, but I almost stopped buying even them. But I guess that's the whole reason I was collecting all this stuff for years, to have something to play when I can't afford getting new games.
well i'd say you have enough games in your backlog now to last you a few lifetimes :p haha

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
What phone browser do yea all use to browse meta?

Cause I have gone through three browsers and I get triggered all the time. Two were useless with the site. FF is working but replying is a pita, it keeps scrolling by itself. Not to mention settings are shared between mobile and browser. If I want meta to not take more than 40 seconds to load 30 posts or less...which sucks on PC (and so lazy that doing extra clicks to change it back and forth is against my laziness). lol.

Reactions: Arsene

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Cause I have gone through three browsers and I get triggered all the time. Two were useless with the site. FF is working but replying is a pita, it keeps scrolling by itself. Not to mention settings are shared between mobile and browser. If I want meta to not take more than 40 seconds to load 30 posts or less...which sucks on PC (and so lazy that doing extra clicks to change it back and forth is against my laziness). lol.
I use safari on my iphone because I'm lazy and don't really care.

Pretty sure 90% of the time I spend browsing Era/Meta is on my phone though.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

The best Android browser is imo the one from Samsung (Samsung Internet Browser). But not tested here.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

Chrome. Never had issues with it on phone so never really had a reason to change though.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018

The best Android browser is imo the one from Samsung (Samsung Internet Browser). But not tested here.
That's what I'm using and it works pretty well. But I usually post from the desktop (except this post).

Never had problems with Chrome either, except it appears to be a lot more battery heavy.

On Era I think there are some cosmetic elements that work better on Chrome, but other than that I prefer the Samsung one for being lighter and having adblockers.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018

I use Chrome on Android, had no issues personally.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
pretty much, yeah ... although personally for me - this will be the first time i actually stop buying their games ... so this time around they lost even me :p and that says a lot since i own pretty much all ubi games that were ever on steam

oh boy ...
Can't wait for them to tell us how idiotic we are for "choosing sides" while they fuck their customers with backroom money deals and trying to appeal to us with their edgy and woke conference.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Can't wait for them to tell us how idiotic we are for "choosing sides" while they fuck their customers with backroom money deals and trying to appeal to us with their edgy and woke conference.
As lashman wrote, it will happen. They are going to make several very annoying jokes that are going to make me miss the bs statements the developers have thrown out so far.

It will probably be the worst part of E3 for me, right behind several developers avoiding the question of exclusivity.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

Xenforo's mobile theme sucks in a lot of way unfortunately. It's mostly fine to browse, except if you click to expand a quote and stay on the page long enough, at some point the page will autoscroll back to the quote you clicked for some reason. Also at least on my end typing anything on mobile is laggy as all hell for some reason.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Xenforo's mobile theme sucks in a lot of way unfortunately. It's mostly fine to browse, except if you click to expand a quote and stay on the page long enough, at some point the page will autoscroll back to the quote you clicked for some reason. Also at least on my end typing anything on mobile is laggy as all hell for some reason.
quotes should be auto-expanded on MC even on mobile ... aren't they?

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018

Brave

I rarely browse on my phone (installing stuff is a pain for security reasons) but on my tablet I've blocked 198k ads, 106k trackers and saved 4 hours of my life in loading since about Feb/march.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Is there something wrong with Steam? I was logged out when I turned on my PC and I get a 'can't reach friend list' message when I log in.

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
Yeah, why bother giving them free publicity?
I'll be too busy playing any of the many games in my backlog to care. :grimacing-face:
This I don't believe. Who buys a lot of games and play them? :thinking-blob:

Brave

I rarely browse on my phone (installing stuff is a pain for security reasons) but on my tablet I've blocked 198k ads, 106k trackers and saved 4 hours of my life in loading since about Feb/march.
Have you used the Brave Rewards stuff in it? Was wondering about that.

Reactions: Deleted member 113
Status
Not open for further replies.