Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Guys I need your help. I remember playing a game where you ended up in a lab, where you had to shutdown 3 people or brains floating in some kind of glass tank. These people/brains were controlling you or something else, I can't remember. I'm pretty sure it's a 1st or 3rd person AAA game from this generation. Any idea which game that is?

Reactions: Arsene

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Guys I need your help. I remember playing a game where you ended up in a lab, where you had to shutdown 3 people or brains floating in some kind of glass tank. These people/brains were controlling you or something else, I can't remember. I'm pretty sure it's a 1st or 3rd person AAA game from this generation. Any idea which game that is?
The Evil Within (the first one)? I'm not sure but I think I recall something similar. They were tubs though.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Sounds a bit like the ending of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ?
Either that or maybe the end of Deus Ex HR?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I know you all love data. Here are some (early) numbers from the recent LudoNarraCon on Steam. They're going to release something more detailed later in the week.
thanks man! :)

... and here's a thread:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I finished Steins;Gate yesterday.
The good: it's an interesting VN with neat world building which isn't too romance-heavy (though more so than I really like).
The bad: the "true ending" requirements are incredibly obtuse. It's the VN equivalent of the worst type of graphic adventure puzzle memes.
I mean, I thought you'd be aware by now that you should always play a VN with a spoiler free route guide handy, I don't think any of them (maybe with the exception of Ryuukishi07 ones) benefit from you trying to 'solve' them.
Also, friendly suggestion - do give Muv-Luv Trilogy a try if you haven't already. I do feel they surpass S;G handily when it comes to sci-fi setting, world-building, character arcs and actual stakes.
(Just take note that part of them is a stock 90's romcom anime game, which you may or may not find funny. It's absolutely crucial to enjoy the latter parts though).

Reactions: 「Echo」

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019

The good: it's an interesting VN with neat world building which isn't too romance-heavy (though more so than I really like).
The bad: the "true ending" requirements are incredibly obtuse. It's the VN equivalent of the worst type of graphic adventure puzzle memes.
laughs in delusion triggers

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
The Evil Within (the first one)? I'm not sure but I think I recall something similar. They were tubs though.
I gave up The Evil Within after a few levels. That game really wasn't for me.

Sounds a bit like the ending of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ?
Either that or maybe the end of Deus Ex HR?
I've recently replayed stalker, that wasn't it. Perhaps Deus Ex HR, but I've played that one years ago on ps3. I 'll check some vids. Thanks!

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
This sounds really familiar and has been bothering me for the last 15 minutes.

Reactions: Ge0force

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

I always play VN with guides, haha.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Got the base Skylines game (pretty good price on cdkeys) -- can't wait to give it a try! It's good to know none of the DLC is really required to enjoy it. I'm fizzling out on Factorio due to a massively screwed up layout that I can't fathom erasing and reconfiguring at this point, and I need something else to scratch that sandbox itch.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
xinek I've been tempted by that for years but i end up backing out and just watching "Fix Your City" videos.

Biffa Plays Indie Games - Generalist

Sam Bur - Real Town Planner, City Fixer & Original Inspiration

Their other videos are great too, i just picked out the "Fix It" playlists.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Whats another good free VPN just to play Rage 2. I usually use flyvpn but it wont send me a verification email to sign up.

Reactions: lashman

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Whats another good free VPN just to play Rage 2. I usually use flyvpn but it wont send me a verification email to sign up.
Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
Taken from one of JaseC's performance threads. :cryblob:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
being a proud and responsible pc gamer i'll probably buy it long before then too ;)
hey ... we've all been there ... for years ... and we still are :negative-blob:

Too many good games everywhere ;_;
yeah, no kidding 😭

TunnelBear is definitely good and works fine ... i know Alcoholikaust always uses it to unlock early

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
I mean, I thought you'd be aware by now that you should always play a VN with a spoiler free route guide handy, I don't think any of them (maybe with the exception of Ryuukishi07 ones) benefit from you trying to 'solve' them.
Also, friendly suggestion - do give Muv-Luv Trilogy a try if you haven't already. I do feel they surpass S;G handily when it comes to sci-fi setting, world-building, character arcs and actual stakes.
(Just take note that part of them is a stock 90's romcom anime game, which you may or may not find funny. It's absolutely crucial to enjoy the latter parts though).
Even for visual novels with only basic, obvious route-split decisions, utilization of guides are recommended because some expect you to play through the routes in certain order without actually making enforced playing order. I'm someone who usually plays them to 100%, so accidentally falling into "true" route where it spoils everything (not to mention it's narratively intended to be climax) is disaster.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
hey ... we've all been there ... for years ... and we still are :negative-blob:

yeah, no kidding 😭

TunnelBear is definitely good and works fine ... i know Alcoholikaust always uses it to unlock early
Just tried tunnelbear but it didnt work. I exited Steam, connected to Australia and then reopened and signed back into STEAM but it still says Preload. It is out in Australia right now right?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

daaaaaayum, those scores!!! O_O

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Finally finished One Finger Death Punch 2. It's way too similar to the first one but since it's been a while is not so bad.

And the ending animation is just plain emotional blackmail not to say anything bad about the game :D

Valve should totally minimize these at least from metadata.
"Interesting" that they don't do any basic conversion to ensure everything is stripped and the image file is 100% standard. Most places do something of the sort, and from all the stories we hear, it is probably not a good idea to trust indie developers on these technical details.

Released, 19,5GB.
Keeping an eye on it and waiting for those "useless" user reviews to have an idea on how is it.

EDIT: Crap.. the normal reviews are looking good. Aaaaaaaaaaaaa.. I need more money.

Dakath

Banned
Dec 19, 2018

Reactions: Ge0force

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
That Ghostbusters game was legit as fuck. The original had some asinine DRM so I'm all for a digital remaster that can be activated more than 5 fucking times total.
Is this the one from lastgen? That game was fun, but had so many odd things going. Like the pc retail only being being playable from the c drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.